: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > I.E. Radio

Old 12-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up ETs and the Bible

We rescheduled this one....

Join Shirley and Rev. Michael Carter for a discussion on his book: Alien Scriptures: Extraterrestrials In The Holy Bible

Sunday, Dec. 22, 6 PM PST - 9 PM EST

It should be fascinating! You can read more about Rev. Carter here:
http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/ieradio/

Old 12-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Just a reminder about Sunday's IE - should be a good show!

Old 12-22-2013, 04:12 PM

Default Im looking forward to it

Thank You It Will Be Another Great Onexo

Old 12-22-2013, 09:08 PM

Default One of the best yet....

Thank you so much, Shirley. This was an inspired and inspiring interview!
Will be sure to read his book. It just doesn't get better than this. Love, C.

My father says almost the whole world is asleep.
Everyone you know, everyone you see, everyone you talk to.
He says that only a few people are awake and
they live in a state of constant total amazement.
...Joe vs. The Volcano

Old 12-27-2013, 09:31 AM

One of my favorite comments (repeated a few times) in the interview:
"We confuse information for wisdom."

Namaste from the Midwest,
stephanie

Old 12-29-2013, 06:14 PM

Default What about the Book of Enoch?

It is funny this was left out of the bible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIkUAjpts6A#t=179
xo Froggie

Old 12-30-2013, 07:25 AM

Default time

During the interview, SM asked questions related to the concept of "time" (linear v. non, etc.) but Carter never really had a satisfactory answer--if that is even possible.

I know in my posts as of late, i've been quoting a lot from Norman Fischer's Sailing Home: Using the Wisdom of Homer's Odyssey to Navigate Life's Perils and Pitfalls, but it just repeatedly and synchronistically keeps addressing topics I hear about here and other places. Here's a passage about "time" that is a good addition to Shirley's questions and conversation with Carter:

"Even when periods of meditation are exactly as long as advertised, you can still experience this sense of time's thickness and uncanniness. You can experience it at other times, too, such as a birth or a death, or when you first hear powerfully good or bad news. At such moments time seems to be swept away entirely; a black hole opens and swallows it. This is not an illusion. Time is not nearly as well organized as we think it is; it really does have these odd gaps and chunks. Time doesn't flow neatly along a smooth continuum or horizontal "time line," with the past at the far left (since our Indo-European langauge reads from left to right) running to the present in the center and future at the far right. We take time for granted as a neat, even, neutral, constant container for our experiences. But this perception isn't correct or real. Time slows, speeds, or stops, according to the flow of your life. The view of time that you are conditioned to, in which your subjective sense of time is subservient to what the clock or calendar says, is a fairly recent invention. Time is not what clocks measure; time is what we experience as life, and as such it belongs more to the realm of the mysterious and the sacred than to the world of science and measurement.

Mystics from spiritual traditions know this. They point out that God, Enlightenment, Oneness, or whatever you call it, which is both in time and beyond time, is encountered in the gap moments when time opens up in a transport that contains past present and future all at once or none of these. They also point out that sequential time is everywhere subject to divine violation, the past sometimes arriving lively and dripping into the present, the future from time to time bleeding into the past. 'Time is not a storm moving across the sky from East to West,' Zen Master Dogen writes. 'Time is being itself.' . . ."

----

I love how Fischer places "time" squarely within the jurisdiction of the divine, don't you? And the image of the past "lively dripping into the present" and the "future bleeding" into the past like the infamous Salvador Dali clocks is "divine" in and of itself, no?

namaste from the midwest,
steph