: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > I.E. Radio

Old 03-14-2013, 05:37 PM

Thumbs up SuperMind Mar 17

Hello
I hope you join me this Sunday for a great show:

Maurie D. Pressman, M.D. is Emeritus Chairman of Psychiatry at the Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia and Emeritus Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Temple Medical School. He is a conventionally trained psychiatrist who has combined this work with studies in the high reaches of the mind. His practice focuses on spiritual psychotherapy and the exploration of the human soul.

During a long and prestigious career, Dr. Pressman has studied the potential of the human mind and soul for over forty years exploring the connections between traditional psychiatry and holistic-spiritual psychotherapy. He has combined his extensive knowledge in personal development with the advancing knowledge in quantum physics, as well as the wisdom of ancient mysteries.

An early pioneer in visualization, Dr. Pressman created a program in 1972 for Olympic ice-skaters using hypnosis and visualization. Beyond just a mind-set, the evidence showed that the work was reflected in changes in muscles, neurologic activity and connective tissues and cells of the body. This early focus is now reflected in current sports training programs around the world.

Dr. Pressman is the president and founder of the Association for the Advancement of Sports Potential and a former president of ISSEEM (International Society for Study of Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine). He has served as president or chairman of numerous physician and medical organizations. A speaker in national and international forums, Dr. Pressman has written numerous articles and is the co-author of Twin Souls and author of Visions from the Soul and Living in the SuperMind.

You can learn more about his book at
http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/ieradio/about/next

Sunday, March 17
6 PM PDT - 9 PM EDT

I'm looking forward to it!

Old 03-15-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyMac
Hello
I hope you join me this Sunday for a great show:

Maurie D. Pressman, M.D. is Emeritus Chairman of Psychiatry at the Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia and Emeritus Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Temple Medical School. He is a conventionally trained psychiatrist who has combined this work with studies in the high reaches of the mind. His practice focuses on spiritual psychotherapy and the exploration of the human soul.

During a long and prestigious career, Dr. Pressman has studied the potential of the human mind and soul for over forty years exploring the connections between traditional psychiatry and holistic-spiritual psychotherapy. He has combined his extensive knowledge in personal development with the advancing knowledge in quantum physics, as well as the wisdom of ancient mysteries.

An early pioneer in visualization, Dr. Pressman created a program in 1972 for Olympic ice-skaters using hypnosis and visualization. Beyond just a mind-set, the evidence showed that the work was reflected in changes in muscles, neurologic activity and connective tissues and cells of the body. This early focus is now reflected in current sports training programs around the world.

Dr. Pressman is the president and founder of the Association for the Advancement of Sports Potential and a former president of ISSEEM (International Society for Study of Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine). He has served as president or chairman of numerous physician and medical organizations. A speaker in national and international forums, Dr. Pressman has written numerous articles and is the co-author of Twin Souls and author of Visions from the Soul and Living in the SuperMind.

You can learn more about his book at
http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/ieradio/about/next

Sunday, March 17
6 PM PDT - 9 PM EDT

I'm looking forward to it!

i always look forward to you and IE.
Love,
Chi

Old 03-17-2013, 01:48 AM

Smile Hi dear friends

Hi Shirley

This sounds very interesting...now we are in the core of the mind to do huge diferentes within our own spirituality to use our own abilities to act,..with our mind...body..and soul..to use our conscious as guide to fusion its all in ONE energy,..by the super mind,.....yes I believe more than ever....we all can make miraculous change through healing and help yourself, to be more aware of we have a fantastic tool THE MIND...to replace,..restore,..reactivate..our health, our feelings...the mind can collect our thoughts..and erase all that we don't use...etc.etc.

I am very exiting and cant wait to listening to the I.E. tonight about THE SUPERMIND....have a GREAT interview dear Shirley.

http://www.123hjemmeside.dk/happystarlight/

Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 PM

Great interview. i found it to be quite relaxing and yet at
the same time highly charged. Orange! Orange! Orange! Ha!
It activated my radar; that's for sure. i think it was the
quiet space between the thoughts that made the thoughts
more tangible. i remember hearing once that the great
orators or our time are the ones who pause between thoughts.
President Obama for example always leaves space
between his statements. Martin Luther King and FDR
were quite eloquent at it as well.
On the subject of there being only NOW. i've always loved
your boat analogy Shirley... and his splitting of holograms
into equal whole holograms was a great way to illustrate
everything happening all at once also.
There was a dream i had that i posted in Dreams some
time back which helped me to see it further:
...an opened shoebox appeared within the darkness of my
mind with two slats that were dividing the space within the
shoebox into three equally sized compartments.
And as i was staring at this shoebox, a hand reached down
from some high place and it removed the two slats and
i was staring into the same shoebox that now had no
compartments. i had an epiphany the next morning:
The three compartments are past, present and future.
And when the illusionary walls that divide them are removed;
well... Ha! There is only the moment. Everything happening
within the moment.
We see the moment as a very tiny thing; the minute fragment
of an hour... of a day... of a year...but (the cosmic joke here)
(the cosmic reality) is that it's quite the opposite. It's within the
moment that all this fragmenting goes on. The moment (or NOW)
comes first and it's HUGE.

Love,
Chi

Last edited by Chi : 03-17-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:56 PM

Default 2nd time around

alright . . . i listened to this interview for a second time on the way to/from work today. the first time through, i believe i was too distracted by dr. maurie's conversation technique, which is marvelous for a therapist/psychotherapist and even teacher. that technique is leaving long, pregnant silent spaces. such a wonderful gift to have if you are a teacher or therapist as it allows your student/patient to find the answers as they arise from their inner Selves. and i think both dr. maurie AND shirley have this gift! when the two attempt to have an interview or conversation with each other . . . well, the result is . . . interesting--technique wise only.

i must say, that the second time i listened to the interview, i focused much less on the technique and more on content. and, of course, it was a lovely conversation content wise!

but, shirely, i truly loved the spontaneous laughter and spunk of the final 10 minutes or so of the interview when you asked if his voice sounded like it sounded in your conversation when he gave lectures and the multiple other spontaneous moments of laughter/spunk on your part right there at the end of the interview. he was a good sport, though. very thoughtful and loving on both of your parts.

just after listening to the interview (for the 2nd time) on my way home today from the ol' local union hall, i stopped to pick up some indulgent dinner grub for the family and sat waiting for my order while reading Out On A Limb (amazingly, i have never read this book but am intimately familiar with many of the books referenced in it--the bhagavad gita, the rig veda, etc.--actually, i believe as a young child, i was actually introduced to Out On A Limb by my mother, but it was pulled out from under me when that same mother went through a "religious" experience...but i digress)....so i was reading passages from Out On A Limb, and there were multiple references in the few pages i read there at the bar of living in the now, expansion of consciousness, reincarnation, and the fact that everything is/was happening now....very much similar to the conversation shirley and dr. maurie were engaged in yesterday evening.

synchronisity.

two hands together
_/|\_
steph

Last edited by Norma Rae : 03-18-2013 at 06:04 PM.