Thread: Out on a Limb
View Single Post

Old 05-08-2013, 08:00 AM

Default lessons from those we've known (or have not known) before?

Joanne (and all!),

That is a huge question! I think you have to go on an individualized case-by-case basis. I've listened to some of the archived Independent Expression Radio shows where members sent in questions for Shirley to answer, and often this is one of the questions. And even Shirley--someone so in touch with her past lives--has difficulty answering the question without really narrowing it down. I think it is something you have to sit with and meditate with for a very long time--a lifetime? Lifetimes, even?! Anyone want to share some specific lessons learned from past lives? I am not yet in touch with my past lives well enough to even begin to articulate lessons I may be in the process of learning right now. However, that's part of the reason I am here (in the cherry bowl...or am I in the cherry pit bowl?)--to learn to connect with that "subtle" part of my body or being in this incarnation.

Thoughts anyone?

Here is the flip of that question that I have been noodling over for a while: What do we learn from those whom we absolutely know we have never before encountered in a past life--especially when that person is in a significant role in this life? Why would we choose that? Interesting.

(By the way, I am now reading The Camino, and (oh boy!) do I have lots underlined in that book already! We'll have to start a Camino thread!)

Namaste from the sunny Midwest!
steph