Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Health and Stress Reduction (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=258)
-   -   Health and Toothpaste Labeling (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214606)

Cushings 11-08-2013 09:03 PM

Health and Toothpaste Labeling

Hello,

I do not know if this is common information and everyone else already knows this, except me, but...

Have you ever noticed that there is a distinct color at the bottom of each toothpaste pack ?
Do you know the meaning of the colors ?
Green : Natural.
Blue : Natural + Medicine.
Red : Natural + Chemical composition.
Black : Pure Chemical.
BE AWARE OF THE PRODUCTS THAT YOU USE DAILY!

Hope this is helpful, every blessing to everyone.

Love,
Di

AaronPaul 11-23-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushings
Hello,

I do not know if this is common information and everyone else already knows this, except me, but...

Have you ever noticed that there is a distinct color at the bottom of each toothpaste pack ?
Do you know the meaning of the colors ?
Green : Natural.
Blue : Natural + Medicine.
Red : Natural + Chemical composition.
Black : Pure Chemical.
BE AWARE OF THE PRODUCTS THAT YOU USE DAILY!

Hope this is helpful, every blessing to everyone.

Love,
Di

Thank you for that information. that is very interesting.

I do have one tube of toothpaste that doesn't have a marking on it at all. I know based on the ingredients list that there are no chemicals or sodium phosphates of any kind inside.

There are several flavors and it seems to work pretty well. it's a product called EarthPaste. it's very good to take on trips. I use it when I don't have my own homemade stuff on hand.

A Dreamer 11-24-2013 06:11 PM

It isn't true. Those marks are for the making of
the tube in the manufacturing process.

Cushings 12-12-2013 02:05 PM

You are correct Dreamer, I looked up the rest of this information that I found on Facebook, and found on Google:

"I’ve seen several people share this on Facebook and found it a little hard to believe, so I took to the web to find out whether or not it was true. It took me less than five minutes to find out it wasn’t. Five. Minutes.

A quick Google search of “toothpaste color codes” resulted in numerous results debunking the claim, many of which stating the terms, “natural, “medicine”, and “chemical” are far to vague to determine whether or not they should be consider good, bad, or harmful to our health as there are several chemicals that occur naturally that are perfectly OK for human consumption.

So what is the point of those little squares then? As it turns out, it has nothing to do with the contents of the paste. They’re not even put there by the toothpaste manufacturer, but by the company responsible for making the tube the paste will eventually fill. The industry term for them is “eye mark”. Simply put, they are markers for the sensors on the machines that cut and crimp them into individual tubes. That’s it.

If you really want to know what makes up that magic paste that claims to remove plaque build up, or make your smile ten times whiter, try reading the ingredients."

Thank you Dreamer, once again I have learned not to believe everything that I read.

Love,
Di