: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > Books! Books! Books!

Old 08-27-2013, 05:25 PM

Hi Steph,
Love reading your posts. They are always thought provoking and so interesting! I am not familiar enough with Sitchin's work to make an intelligent comment. I have only read one book. But you have inspired me to look into more of his books and ideas. I am going on vacation tomorrow, but will definitely be delving into this further when I get back!
By the way, will be in England and plan on taking one day to explore the Cotswolds--crop circle country! Hope to see something!
Love,
Joanne

Old 08-28-2013, 06:04 AM

Do enjoy your vacation, Joanne! Look forward to your report back and to exploring some more Sitchin with you upon your return!

Namaste,
Steph

Old 08-28-2013, 04:22 PM

Joanne--check out this week's guest on IE radio...crop circle expert. Hope you are able to tune in during your travels! Synchronicity strikes again? ;-)

Namaste from the Midwest,
Steph

P.S. Anyone wanna discuss Sitchin?! (Crop) reading circle anyone?

Old 08-28-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma Rae
What I find more interesting is the progression of languages that he explores. How in the world did the word for "sky vehicle" become "name"? As he suggests, and I agree, the transformation of the word certainly obscures its origins and "real" meaning. However, I find it very magical that a name--my name, your name, etc.--could be some primordial attempt in which we all engage to make our own connection to the divine. With one word--a name--we create our own "sky vehicle" to the heavens.

Sorry to go back to an old post here, but I just heard a Lucille Clifton poem that reminds me of the "naming" being our attempt to connect to the divine--our sky vehicle. Here are the lines that allude to the above ideas:

---
"here on this bridge between
starshine and clay, . . . "
----

Love the image of this mortal life and our attempts at "naming" as a bridge between starshine (star beings) and the clay of this Earth...

Also...*sigh* the connections just keep coming and won't stop and are starting to drive me batty...this poem refers to Babylon (ala Sitchen) and celebration (ala the EB thread Brit started about celebrating life)...perhaps I should post the entire poem somewhere?

Namaste Friends,
Stephanie

Last edited by Norma Rae : 08-28-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:04 AM

Default Collective Bargaining of the Anunnaki

It was such a treat to read about the collective concerted action of the Anunnaki on this Labor Day of 2013. I just loved the story of the divine Anunnaki workers collectively laying their tools down, withholding their labor, and bringing their grievances to the Nefilim demanding reform. I imagine a "Jimmy Hoffa" encouraging the Anunnaki to "put the crates down and join the Teamsters." And I hope that there was a "Norma Rae" (or a "Stephanie") leading the charge! The "fact" that the resolution/compromise of the grievance was (or could have been) the creation of the human race just gives me chills.
A happy Labor Day, indeed!

Namaste and solidarity from the Midwest,
Stephanie

Old 09-06-2013, 10:55 AM

Finished!
And how does Sitchin conclude this masterpiece? More questions! Well, I've got a question or two. Anyone care to discuss/debate/ponder?
Please!
stephanie

Last edited by Norma Rae : 09-06-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:54 AM

Default Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs, and Steel

My dear friend from grad school and TN mountain man, George, is reading Sitchin's The 12th Planet right now and has promised to discuss with me during one of our many, many Smoky Mountain hikes this year--possibly on the way to Gregory Bald or Thunderhead Mountain?

While discussing some of Sitchin's theories via telephone one day, George mentioned Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs, and Steel as a possible companion book to our Sitchin discussion group. Anyone read this? There is also a National Geographic documentary based upon the book, which I now have thanks to George and will watch asap! Anyone familiar with Diamond's work?

Stephanie

Old 10-04-2013, 08:14 AM

Default 12/6/2009 IE Radio

Oh (wo)man! I listened to the 12/6/2009 IE broadcast interview with Barbara Hand Clow who apparently takes issue with Sitchin.

I have much work and reading to do now . . . and miles to go before I sleep.

steph

Old 10-04-2013, 08:32 AM

Hi,

Could you please clarify - is that December 6th or June 12th 2009?

I found 2 interviews with BHC but neither title related to Sitchin so I'd appreciate the direction.

I find Sitchin's work interesting in so far as he has documented some very strange things from the ancient past from looking at the tablets - like why do they mention 12 planets?

The assumption, of course, is, that we have always been part of this solar system - which isn't necessarily true.

And also, I find that he and others who look into the past are very 'left brained' for lack of a better word. Basically, it's more complex than that - they don't seem to 'get' how people create myths - how people communicate and talk. And so a lot of things are seen as 'fact' when they are mythological ways of speaking.

Most of the people who have liked this theory follow along with the 'reasoning' and it holds - but life isn't pure reason - isn't now wasn't then.

A lot of the 'new age' history stuff seems to be written by people with the same sort of background - men; economics oriented; and aside from all of that - Sitchin set out to prove the bible was true.

So that in itself is non-scientific. A true scientist is meant to observe and draw conclusions while being aware of their own prejudices. I think this is where Sitchin falls short.

But I digress. Would appreciate the date clarification. I'm in Canada and I know Americans use a different date system - I think it's day first - but I use both so I can't ever remember!

Thank you.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:58 AM

Hello. I was listening to the December 6, 2009 (which I believe was the second interview in the series) interview this morning. Sitchin is not in the title of the interview, but Shirley and Barbara jump right into discussing Sitchin and others I would say within about 15 or 20 minutes (maybe earlier) into the interview.

I am intrigued with your observation that Sitchin and the like are "left brain" folks (maybe that is why I devoured the book? Unfortunately (?), I've got quite the left-brain-educational background, but am aware of that "yang" in me and try to keep my "yin" in balance--I digress). I often found that when I was reading Sitchin, my left-brain kicked into questioning mode of his theories. But perhaps that was a left-brain (me) challenging another left-brain (Sitchin)?

In the interview, Shirley states to Clow, "You know how he [Sitchin] is or can be." Question: What did Shirley mean? Anyone know?

stephanie