: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > The Media

Old 10-03-2013, 11:45 AM

Default Gone Girl

Gone Girl, staring Ben Aflec, Rosemund Pike, Tyler Perry and Neil Patrick Harris, is being filmed in my hometown. I attended the casting call, but so far, no call..... that's okay, I'm pretty busy... LOL. Ben Aflec has been seen about town a few times and is very gracious to take pictures and sign autographs for people. It's going to be fun to see the familiar places of our town, on the big screen with these big stars!

Here's a picture of Ben and the daughter of the folks who own the Casa Mexicana, where my sisters and I meet, every Wednesday night.... We should have met the following Monday....... "missed 'em by THAT much!" LOL~!
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2013, 05:01 PM

Oh, I hope they call you. They don't know what they're
missing. LOL! I bought the book several months ago on
the basis of 1500 reviews on Amazon. I can't seem to
get into it. I loaned it to a friend who said it was great.
When she returned it I tried again to read it but still
couldn't do it. Maybe I'll give it one more try. Now that
I know there will be a movie that I will want to see, if
only because they are filming it in your town, I might
be able to read the book.

Sending a message to the casting people to call you quick
before you become too involved in something else.

Love ya!
A D

~You cannot be happy unless you are serving the truth of your being, however that service looks.~
- Gangaji

Old 10-06-2013, 07:10 AM

Hey, darling Dreamer! HAHAHA! They have no idea what they are missing, indeed! LOL!

I have found that sometimes, books can only be read at the right time. It was that way for me, with "Stranger In A Strange Land." A couple friends tried to read "Stranger In A Strange Land" and could not get into it. I had no trouble getting into it, right away, even though, as with "The Hobbit," the first 1/8 or so, had to be glanced over, as barely, esential to the story. A few years ago, I tried to read it again, but could not.... So keep the book and try again, maybe it just wasn't the right time.

My mother read "Gone Girl" and was offended at how the town in the book, was described as depressed and not very seemly.... LOL, we had to remind her that the author was not discribing our town, but a fictional town, set on the banks of the Mississippi River.

I think they are supposed to finish filming, the middle of this month, but I'll let you know, if I get the call. HA!

Love you!
Moon