: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > I.E. Radio

Old 03-30-2013, 07:02 PM

Evidently Forever Family Foundation puts up the recordings of the entire month's programs at the beginning of the next month. So my interview from mid-March ought to be available in the next few days. I'm sure a number of you would be interested in it. http://foreverfamilyfoundation.org/signsofliferadio.htm

Old 04-14-2013, 04:08 PM

I must be selling some paperbacks and Kindles of Baltho, The Dog Who Owned a Man over the weekend because I've risen quite a bit on my bestsellers rank for both. Thanks to whomever you are.

Please remember to ask you public libraries to order a copy. Some have, I see.

And remember if you order directly from me I'll sign and inscribe it for the regular price. http://www.thomasrameywatson.com/editing/

Old 04-15-2013, 02:42 PM

Default Forever Family Interview is now available for free listening

Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 AM

One of my professional friends told me how much he likes the book. "All your major life themes are there, but everything is very subtle," he said. My literary training leads me in that direction," I said. You want people to have to look below the surface and tease out meanings."

Old 04-20-2013, 08:02 PM

I should have added to the above post: "And make connections, since the foreshadowings of what will be are there, and will become more obvious in the next 2 dog books."

Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 AM

C H writes:
Dexter was a therapy dog . He died on his job last Tuesday.
When my friend CA F sent me a condolence note she mentioned the book she was reading: "Baltho". And then she stopped over and brought me the book. Consumed by my deep sadness, I was curious but afraid of more pain to read about a dog, still, something(maybe Dexter himself) told me to read it.
I am thankful for the comfort it gave me. Here was someone, telling so affectionately about their interwoven bond with the dog, about the connection with such a companion, and there even was a colleague confirming the so true intuition and skills of a therapy dog (which many practitioners dismiss as a sentiment of the therapist dog owner) .
But that was not all, something between the lines in the book curiously helped me. my experiencing of Dexter's transformation shifted.
Now I can allow myself to listen to the lessons and signs Dexter is teaching and showing me since his spirit left his mighty German Shepherd body. I am able to enter a new phase of his "presence" in my life.
(Even though it sucks so bad not to see him, step over him, feed him, stroke him, hear him bark).
So thank Baltho for making you write this book and accept my thank you for writing it. It came to me just when it had to .

With Kind Regards
CH

Old 05-05-2013, 09:30 AM

Often Melchior will find some object of interest on our walks, which he then hauls home to play with. The other night he jumped on something and held it in his mouth, dropping it a few times, before we got to the front door. I'd though it was some raglike chew toy belonging to one of the other dogs in the neighborhood till the porch light made it evident that it was a toad, partly torn apart. He and Sky proceeded to run inside with it, where they promptly devoured in on my carpet.

In the night Melchior performed his usual licking and biting of my ear, moving over onto my mouth and nose. I had a hard time not thinking about the toad he'd devoured a few hours before.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:06 AM

Melchior likes to watch TV, esp. if there are animals and children on the screen. I discovered that he was entranced by this formula when I watched My Dog Skip the other night. He couldn't take his eyes off for more than a few minutes, and not often. He liked the dog on The Artist too.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:06 AM

I see that Hooters is offering free meals to any mother whose family takes her along.

I am reminded of one of the more fun outings with my own mother back in the 90s when I had Baltho. My sister Victoria Baseggio, her kids, I, and our mother were shopping at May D & F. We learned that Fabio had just been there signing posters but had left just before we arrived. We hadn't known of his visit till then.

"Oh no, Mother you wanted to come to May D & F just for a signed poster!" I lamented.

The clerk said, "I'm so sorry but we don't have any more posters. They were gone within an hour."

I looked at my mom and said, "That really is too bad."

"Are you sure you don't have another one hidden away somewhere for my mom?" I asked. "It would certainly brighten her morning to wake up and see Fabio looking down on her with his fabulous face and body."

I looked at my mom, who was trying to ignore me.

"I know how lonely you are. I'm sure Fabio would get your juices flowing like nothing else, except Diane yelling at the cats."

"Yes, I imagine my saliva would be making me choke," she said.

"Well you'd hop right out of bed and be ready to go" I said. A win-win situation, you know."

Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 AM

Melchior watched the imaginative and very funny first episode of Wilfred with me last night on Netflix. It's about a man and an imaginary dog (played by a man in a dog costume). Dog and animal lovers will love it.

Sky, btw, slept through the whole thing. It probably would have scared him.