: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > Relationships

Old 09-01-2012, 12:56 PM

Default Unrequited Love

What do people feel the best way to approach this is?

In my own case, I met my best friend about three years ago. Immediately we hit it off and I don't think I'd ever laughed with anyone so much. We speak every day, we see each other about twice a week and it's just endless laughter, sharing and good experiences. Except, I fell in love with him and he didn't fall in love with me back. I'm a stand up drag comic and I work on the gay scene here in the UK. My friend is my dressmaker, he comes on every job with me, he arranges everything and he's never let me down. But being on the gay scene so much, guys flirt with him (he's a good looking guy) and naturally I then throw a bit of a strop. He's used to it now and he's very respectful of my feelings, he's been single since we met and we never discuss dating or anything like that. But my problem is, there's this constant fear that he's going to leave me when a boyfriend comes into the picture or that I'll have to cut him off because I couldn't handle it and that just kills me. I'm walking the Camino in a month's time and it'll be the first time in three years he won't automatically be at the end of the phone. It means nearly 6 weeks apart and I don't know what I'll come back to.

On the face of it, I know that's partly the reason why I want to do the Camino. I have to find my inner strength, be confident in myself so that our friendship can continue and improve, so that this love which he doesn't return in the way I'd like can be managed. But I'm not so sure how that will work. I just wondered what people's thoughts were on this and whether it can be dealt with? I know that I've known my friend before. It's as if we're two souls that just keep meeting but I wonder if we're two souls that actually never get together or that we're souls which seperate because it's all too much. I'd appreciate people's thoughts or advice

Old 09-27-2012, 08:04 AM

Without really knowing you I can only tell you my feelings on your situation. I believe that everyone in my life is here for a reason, to help me with the lessons I need to learn. I think that the people (and fur friends) in my life are a reflection of some part of my inner self and the more I get to know and understand my relationships, the better I can understand myself.
Take a good look at your friend and at your relationship. Take time to sit back and look at him objectively. Explore how you feel about specific things in the relationship. What do you find? How do your findings relate to you and your life?
There may be a bigger picture here which can be frustrating when you are feeling so physically connected right now.
Unrequieted love is so frustrating. I find it to be a lesson in patience myself.

I hope this helps. And I would love to hear about your experiences on the Camino. My friend and I are trying to figure out if the walk will be a possibility for us. We are doing some peliminary research and figuring out the logistics.

Take care,
Jade74

Old 09-27-2012, 11:30 AM

Thanks so much Jade, those are really lovely words and I know you're right. There has been a development of sorts in that I met a great guy who I like very much and have been dating for a few weeks. We decided to make it official last night and so now I have to work out where my feelings for my best friend will go and how it can all work. Luckily the Camino will give me plenty of time to find a few answers (I hope) but I know it's not as simple as "You've found someone so those feelings are gone now". Because they're not. But I will take your words in to heart and think on them. Thankyou again