: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > Spirituality

Old 08-29-2012, 06:05 AM

Default What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you?

Have you ever had something happened that gave you the creeps and you cant explain or perhaps read something that gave you a shiver?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:26 AM

YESSSS!!!! One of my most surreal moments happened at 8:45 a.m. on 9/11/01. I worked in Portland, Maine at the time and was walking to my job, which began at 9:00. On the sidewalk I saw not one, not two, but THREE dead birds -- not all together, but within a couple of blocks of one another. I thought "wow, how unusual!" when I saw the first two. But when I saw the third dead bird, a voice clear as a bell said to me "Pray for those who have died and who are about to die." I will NEVER forget that voice or that command.

So - I paused on the sidewalk and said a quick prayer (I've learned to listen to voices in my head) then walked on to the office. A few minutes later the first plane hit the World Trade Tower.

These few minutes altered my life forever. I decided to devote my life to prayer - it seemed a very clear directive from God to do so - and I came to the convent on January 1, 2002.

The dead birds remain a mystery. There were not there on my return trip home.

Love - and prayers! - to all,
Lura

Last edited by sisterlura : 08-29-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: change date

Old 08-29-2012, 05:45 PM

VERY interesting Lura! I'm trying to think if I have had anything even remotely as profound as that. If I think of anything, I'll post it.
Joanne

Old 08-29-2012, 07:40 PM

I had something happen quite a few years ago. This was back in 2006. I was going to sleep one night and while I was on the edge of still being awake and almost asleep, I heard a deep gruff male voice (that I can only describe as what sounded demonic) call out my name. It wasn't from inside my head. It sounded like it was right at my ear. And I don't typically hear disembodied voices. Then a few weeks later it happened again. This time it was an angry female voice. Same thing happened. It yelled my name right in my ear in an angry, aggressive tone as I was drifting off to sleep. Of course, both times it jolted me back awake. I'm positive they weren't lucid dreams. I've never had a strictly audible lucid dream ever. I've fallen asleep before on the couch, while watching TV and something on the TV ends up being background noise in a dream I end up having. This was not like that at all. This was something entirely different. It got even creepier when I went on the internet a day or two later, thinking someone else has had to have experienced this. I did a search to see if anyone else described this same scenario. I came across a few other people who had. That made it even creepier, since I knew it wasn't my imagination after all.

But that was as weird as it got, because I think I may have inadvertently "run" whatever it was off. For some reason, I've always liked crystal balls. Not necessarily for gazing, but mainly for their beauty. I first started collecting them around 2001. I have quite a few so far: bloodstone, amethyst, tourmaline, labradorite, howlite, moonstone, sodalite, jade, quartz, smoky quartz, green calcite, obsidian, citrine, hematite, jasper, lapis lazuli, orange calcite, blue calcite, and a few others. They had originally been sitting on a shelf in front of my books for like 5 years, and I never really considered the potential metaphysical properties that they might have. I always knew that crystals supposedly had metaphysical properties but I personally never experienced anything. Well, around the time that this strange thing was happening, with someone calling my name, "something" intuitively told me to move all of my crystal spheres. I ended up putting them on a little table right next to where I would sit at my computer. I guess because they were within my auric field for hours at a time, I started to really notice that they did have protective energies. Just having them close to me like that, actually made me feel different. It's a tough thing to describe. Spheres are also especially cool because I found that they radiate energy in all directions. Well, coincidentally after I did this, these "entities" left me alone. I don't know if my moving the crystals to where I would have more personal contact with them, had anything to do with it. But either way, I was able to feel the vibrations from the crystals, which showed me how potentially powerful they could be.

Which reminds me of another crystal, Selenite. A powerful crystal I came across not too long ago. I set up a Selenite Protection Grid in my apartment several months ago, and I felt the effects from it immediately. Just put a piece in the corner of every room, making sure all of the pieces run North to South (I guess so they can sync up with each other first, then they sync up with the Earth's energy). Don't ask me how it works, it just works.

Every so often I'll give my brother crystals to carry. Then a week or so later I'll ask him about them. And he'll say they're sitting on a shelf at home, to which I usually reply, "They're not going to help you if they're sitting on a shelf." I gave him a piece of topaz a few weeks back, to carry in his wallet. Within a week, I think he'd already lost it. Maybe that's the Universe's way of telling me that he's not ready for crystals and to not even bother giving them to him. I've always heard crystals usually end up with the person they're supposed to be with. Maybe someone else will find that lost piece of topaz and that's the person it was meant to be with.

Since I'm on the topic, can I tell you guys about a weird story about how I ended up acquiring a piece of Bismuth about 11 months ago. Ok, it's not creepy, but it is weird - but weird in a good way. Last year about this time, I was feeling kind of isolated. I normally don't really click with a lot of people, which usually isn't a big deal because I'm kind of a loner anyway, and I actually enjoy spending time by myself. But for some reason, last year it was really getting to me - more than it normally would. It was to the point that I was feeling depressed and actually prayed to God to help me deal with it. It also didn't help that I was kind of feeling spiritually stuck as well (to be honest, that was THE main thing that was bothering me). I was trying to figure some things out, but the answers weren't coming as quickly as I would have liked.

Well, so I'm on my computer one night reading about weird stuff with the number 72. And I came across the element Hafnium which has the atomic # 72. For the hell of it, I did a Google image search of Hafnium. In the image search results, there was this one picture that caught my attention. This incredibly striking metallic-rainbow looking stone. So I clicked on it. It turned out to be something called Bismuth. Someone had mislabeled it, so it popped up in my 'Hafnium' image search. So I pull up another browser, and I read up on the metaphysical properites of this Bismuth and this is where it gets trippy. Apparently it's a good stone to have around you if you're feeling isolated or spiritually stuck. I actually felt like I had been 'led' to it because it was what I needed at that moment. It actually did give me a slight shiver when I realized that it was synchronistic that I came across it the way I did, exactly when I did. It sounds crazy, but since purchasing my first piece of Bismuth, it 'led' me to a few other high energy stones. Everything just snowballed from there. My crystal collection has grown exponentially within the last year. It's amazing the amount of synchronicities I've been experiencing these last 10 months while this has all been happening. As weird as it sounds, I can actually feel changes within myself since I started acquiring these stones. I swear to my Higher Self that this story is true. :-)

I live about 2 miles from work, so I'll come home for lunch, then go back to work feeling like I just smoked something, because of all the crystal energy going on in my apartment that sometimes leaves me feeling a little spacey. It gives a whole new meaning to being "stoned".

I know this is probably a rather pedestrian topic to most of you. I know there are people here who are able to access the Akashic Records with no problems, and here I am tripping on stones and their vibrations. I feel like a kindergartener trying to hang out with the big kids. But hey, you gotta start somewhere, right? :-)

Last edited by odessa72 : 08-30-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:26 AM

Smile

Well, I think I can access the Akashic Records, but I wouldn't say "with no problems". It takes a while to get into the rhythm.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:59 PM

Odessa, I loved reading your post. For many years now, I have used crystals for various reasons. I have a favorite quartz that I always hold while meditiating. But, I have many, many others. Every day before I go to work, I try to decide what I might need for that day and put a corresponding crystal in my pocket. I swear that it does help. I recommend this to anyone interested.
Love,
Joanne

Old 08-31-2012, 11:29 AM

Default Question for Odessa, Joanne - anyone!

I also enjoyed reading your post, Odessa, and am very interested in learning more about crystals. I believe there's Truth in what both you and Joanne have experienced and expressed here, and I'm full of questions!

For example: How do you know if what you purchase is the "real deal" and not just some pretty, over-priced bauble in a crystal shop? Is it okay to buy crystals on line or should one personally hold it to sense its vibrations first?

I've always had an affinity with stones and have many of those which - for me - have energy, and much as you described, Joanne, I tend to hold one when praying or meditating, and have special ones for special intentions.

Any suggestions for good sources of reliable info on crystals? (I've been a sucker in enough tourist traps )

Thanks!

Love,
Lura

Old 08-31-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterlura
I also enjoyed reading your post, Odessa, and am very interested in learning more about crystals. I believe there's Truth in what both you and Joanne have experienced and expressed here, and I'm full of questions!

For example: How do you know if what you purchase is the "real deal" and not just some pretty, over-priced bauble in a crystal shop? Is it okay to buy crystals on line or should one personally hold it to sense its vibrations first?

I've always had an affinity with stones and have many of those which - for me - have energy, and much as you described, Joanne, I tend to hold one when praying or meditating, and have special ones for special intentions.

Any suggestions for good sources of reliable info on crystals? (I've been a sucker in enough tourist traps )

Thanks!

Love,
Lura

Dear Lura

I work with crystals since 1989 and there is many ways you will feel guided to and attract that energy to you. But it is also like buying shoos you know when you see a pair and than few days latter you cant stop thinking of them.
Well holding a crystal is also recommended as when crystal aligns with you feel pulsation in your hand or other sensations in your body. You can also feel heat from some crystals. Also if you are interested in crystals read some books as to be aware of that energy you may be working with.

Now as to the topic of this post yes my most weird experience is connected to a crystal. I call this crystal a channelling crystal as I use it in meditation and when I used to go in trans to channel my teachers. When I look inside this crystal on one side I can see a pyramid than next to it Sphinx and above the pyramid a shape of a round spaceship.

I wrote about that incident already but I write it again as this was for me most interesting happening beyond my believe.
A friend come for crystal balancing because he went to meditate in haunting house and since he felt very angry and felt this 'bad' energy around.
When I was doing crystal clearing of his aura and when the energy was released from his aura I felt as this energy was trying to grab hold of my legs.
But than suddenly I looked at my crystal that was on a glass table at the head position with my friend lying on a couch.
As I looked at this crystal I saw it rise in the air about 1-2 inches and than dropped down on the table making a big noise.

That evening in meditation I saw two man dressed in black come into my room from a wall and said to me" Don't worry we only come to take something." When I asked what they were taking my guide explained that they took the energy of that spirit that was captured in my crystal and this energy was taken for 'recycling' to be cleansed by fire.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:02 PM

Hi SisterLura,

All of the stones I've purchased, I've gotten on ebay. I know that's probably not the most traditional way many people would choose to get their stones. But, so far, I've been pretty lucky and everything seems genuine. Usually the way I can tell if a stone is the real thing is by holding it in my hand right against my chest, and I can sometimes feel my heart quickening as I do this. Or I'll get a tingling in my forehead. It usually takes a little less than a minute for me to feel something. Sometimes I'll get a bit of a headache or even feel a little queasy if it's a really strong stone. This next one is going to sound silly -> Or sometimes I'll actually put the stone right at my lips and I swear I can feel the energy pulsing in my head when I do that. That also takes a little less than a minute for me to feel something. I guess everybody's different in how they're able to sense the energy of certain stones.

I know that probably doesn't help, because you obviously want to know if it's real before you buy it. I usually go off of the ebay seller's feedback to see how much business they do, and how many of their customers are satisfied with what they receive. If they're selling junk, it will definitely reflect in their feedback.

I purchased some Lemurian crystals late last year. I went to pick them up at the post office and on the ride back to my apartment, I had them sitting in the front passenger seat next to me, and I got this throbbing headache all of a sudden because the energy was so strong. I've purchased a few batches of Lemurian crystals and they've done this to me everytime I've gone to get them from the post office. I carried a few of them in my pocket after I got that first batch, and I felt like I was walking around in a daydream. That's how spacey they can make you feel. They're these crazy powerful healing crystals that are supposed to connect you to your Higher Self. I've seen people on ebay selling single Lemurian crystals for outrageous amounts of money ($10-$20 for just one!). If you decide to purchase some, there are some sellers in China who sell them in batches (you can get quite a few for a reasonable price). The only problem is that shipping will take about 2-3 weeks longer, but it's worth it. You can then spread them around your home if you feel like it.

As far as ebay goes, you mainly have to be careful of people who are selling the real thing but are overcharging for it. I've come across that more than anything. Compare prices between several sellers before you make a purchase, to make sure you're getting the best deal.

There was this one time that I didn't receive the right stone. About 6 months back, I purchased some Tourmaline tumbled stones, but this one seller sent me a few Apache Tears in the mix instead of all Tourmaline. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and figured she just made an honest mistake because they're both very dark colored stones. But if you hold Apache Tear up to a light, you can see right thru it like Smoky Quartz. But everything else I've purchased from her has been the real thing, so I didn't say anything. Maybe the Universe decided that I needed some Apache Tears and that's why the mix-up happened. :-)

Another powerful stone is something called Moldavite. Right after I purchased that piece of Bismuth, I bought a piece of Moldavite. It's crazy powerful. It gave me a headache for the first day or two and I also felt a little queasy because it was so strong. But that went away after I had gotten used to its energy. I think the Moldavite may have opened me up to being more sensitive to other crystals, because that's something new that I've been experiencing within the last year. My crystal spheres never even affected me to that degree. But you have to be careful because there are quite a few people on ebay selling fake Moldavite. The fake stuff looks like a molten Heineken bottle and looks way too glassy to be the real thing. I got lucky and found this one guy who is in New York who sells real Moldavite. I'm in Dallas and he's in New York, so I assure you I have no affiliation with him. If you want, I can private message you his ebay user id. I don't want to post it out here and then get in trouble for promoting someone's ebay business that I don't even have an affiliation with. I've also purchased some Herkimer Diamonds from him that were also the real thing.

So far, the only thing I've seen people try to fake on ebay is the Moldavite because it's in such high demand because it's so scarce. I think you're relatively safe with purchasing most everything else.

Lura, if you have some specific stones you're looking for, I can let you know certain sellers on ebay that I've dealt with, who I know might have what you're looking for. Or I can send you a list of sellers I've purchased from, who I know sell genuine items. Just let me know. :-)

Last edited by odessa72 : 09-01-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:22 AM

Default Thanks, friends!

Thank you so much for the kind suggestions, Basia and Odessa ~ I'm printing them out as a reference for commencing my crystals journey. Will keep you posted!

Meanwhile, I didn't mean to de-rail the "creepiest moment" subject of the original thread --- so let's jump back to that ....

WHAT IS THE CREEPIEST THING TO HAVE EVER HAPPENED TO YOU????????