: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > Main Category > Meditations

Old 07-23-2012, 03:00 PM

Default Your Meditation Practise

Hi folks!

I was wondering if people have a particular routine or need certain circumstances to meditate? I find that I can meditate alot easier in the open air so I put together what I call my "peace tent". It's a large white gazebo and I've strung prayer flags and windchimes from it, there's tiny solar lights around it and a table within which let's me put candles and a statue of the Buddha in there. I find that sitting in the open air late at night when the local area has wound down to silence, I can really focus. I listen to the archived Guided Meditations with Shirley (I've just ordered the DVD!) which I really find helpful. I'd love to hear how other people approach their meditations!

Old 07-23-2012, 05:40 PM

Hi Sam,
This sounds like a wonderful way to meditate. I have a variety of ways to meditate. I like the silence of the early morning--especially outside. Many summer evenings I will sit out and just watch the birds and flowers in my garden or clouds,etc. and find that to be a form of meditation. But I also can meditate just sitting in a chair holding my favorite crystal.
I also find that I am doing a form of meditation when I do laps in my pool everyday. Or when I am walking. Or sometimes at work when I am doing something routine.
I guess I'm saying that there are all kinds of ways to meditate. Whatever works is what we should do.
By the way, I don't recall seeing you here before. So, welcome and look foreward to more of your posts.
Joanne

Old 07-24-2012, 01:30 PM

Thankyou Joanne! I'm loving the board, it's great to meet you!

Crystals are something I haven't explored yet, so can I ask what kind of crystal you use during your meditations?

Old 07-24-2012, 05:55 PM

Hello Sam, In answer to your questioon--I have a quartz crystal that I love and I also have an amethyst crystal that is actually my favorite. Crystals are supposed to amplify energy, so I find that they help me focus. You can find them at any New Age shop or even just a rock and gemstone store. There are so many different semi-precious stones that assist with different emotional and health issues. I would recommend getting a book that explains all of this. I have a couple that are excellent. "The Illustrated Directory of Healing Crystals" is very good and can be found on Amazon. I hope this helps with your exploration with meditation.
Joanne

Old 07-27-2012, 04:46 AM

Thankyou Joanne! I managed to pick up a book yesterday in a really great new age book store we have here in London so I'm going to start studying crystals a bit more intently!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:27 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcrawford
Thankyou Joanne! I managed to pick up a book yesterday in a really great new age book store we have here in London so I'm going to start studying crystals a bit more intently!

Hello Samcrawford

Books and written materials are great tools for our spiritual understanding, they are food for our mind.

Meditation has its tools for our practice to become aware of inner light-inner knowing. There is music, guided meditations, sound meditations and nature environment.

Crystals are also great tools; they are helping to achieve higher states of awareness and much more.

On my spiritual journey I worked with lots of tools, books, meditation courses and learned how to work with crystals.

The tools that I was meant to work with always come to me in the right time, as I felt guided to work with them. Like the 3 books of Katrina Raphael which were given to me by a friend. I recommend them as great tools to learn about crystals especially 'Crystalline Transmition".

Seminars are always great tools as well as is our interaction here on this website.

All tools that I explored so far I gained understanding they are only tools that are meant to help open up awareness to the inner self.

I had wonderful experiences using many tools I mentioned here but there was one experience that was the simples yet the most profound in my life that I like to share here with you.

In 1993 on a way to seminar in US I visited a Hindu temple in Kauai. I wanted to align with the largest crystal there. As I sat in front of that crystal in meditation I saw a flame and it was dancing in tune to the music.
After meditation I saw a book for sale in that temple' Dancing with Siva'.

The same day I was on the beach looking at the open water in front of me and I wondered how can I become one with the ocean?

Than I heard a voice in my mind that said to look at the ocean and than hold this vision of the ocean in my mind for 21 seconds.

So I looked at the ocean and than closed my eyes yet still had this vision in my inner eye. I was counting silently Ocean one, ocean two… but around ocean fifteen… I was loosing focus and picture of ocean in my mind.

So I tried again few times and I was able to hold that vision for longer time, than I found that once I past that barrier my focus was one with the vision unlimited by time, I was one with the ocean in my mind, I was so exited.

The voice said :

This is how you can be in oneness with tree, flower, anything and WHEN YOU THINK GOOD AND NOTHING BUT THE GOD THAT’S HOW YOU BECOME GOD…

That was my profound lesson spoken in my mind by Gurudeva the one who was in oneness with ALL the one who written book “Dancing with Siva” and other tools- books like “Merging with Siva”.

So learn to use tools but most important learn to listen to the inner voice.

I love the journey using the tools that are leading me to Oneness with ALL.

Here is website you can read this books:

http://himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/

Enjoy the journey….

Last edited by Basia : 07-27-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:08 AM

Thankyou for sharing your experiences Basia! I found that truly fascinating to read. At the moment, I'd describe my inner voice as quiet. I hear things but they're very disjointed thoughts, sometimes my head goes a little foggy too. So I'm really glad to have your insight but also to have the link to your books because I'm now going to try and clear the fog and focus alot more! Thankyou

Sam

Old 07-28-2012, 04:12 PM

Hi Sam,
Didn't realize you are in London. That is my favorite city in the world! I am convinced I have had many past lives in England. I love your country so much and have been there many times. In fact,I am contemplating another trip there next year. I envy you living there---I feel as though it is a second home!
Joanne

Old 07-28-2012, 04:28 PM

You know, by saying that you lived our city. You must have been here and had a life here. London tends to provoke a lot of love and when anyone compliments the city, I think that they have been here and lived here. It's a city alive with energy!

Old 07-28-2012, 07:27 PM

i've practiced Shirley's meds too and many of Osho's.
(the book of secrets has many to choose from).
One of my own favorite brands of conventional meditation
is just closing my eyes and staring deep into the center of the
inner space i see. Remaining focused on it; i find an abundance
of energy there. But like Joanne stated, there are so many
ways to meditate. There are times in solitude when every
moment and movement can be a meditation. in walking, being
aware of each foot touching the ground. in thinking, watching
one's thoughts going by like white clouds in the sky passing by.
in eating, being aware of every texture as well as every flavor.
in hearing; becoming one with the sound to its very end. Gongs
and chimes are good for that. in viewing, seeing deep into the
heart of a thing; way beyond the surface. When typing, being
aware of each finger hitting each key. Oh to be in such a state
of awareness.
And then there's allowing yourself to just plain daydream
while writing it all down (a kind of Tantric meditation) which
allows you to tap into your own sub-conscious and sometimes
even into that collective sub-conscious that Cayce taught us
about. You can learn a lot about yourself doing that; as you
read what you create; what you write.

Sam, i love the space you've created for your meditation