: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > Karma

Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 PM

Default Life is an Echo

Life is an Echo
What you send out
comes back
What you sow
you reap
What you give
you get
What you see in others
exists in you

xo Froggie

Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 PM

Life is an Echo
What you send out
comes back
What you sow
you reap
What you give
you get
What you see in others
exists in you

I think this is true – sort of.

I think that in order for it to be true a person needs good boundaries. They need to know themselves which many people don’t.

If a person is nice they will see the nice in people. But if they don’t have good boundaries they will give and give and give and get nothing back. They can get hurt because they think someone is nice but it’s not that person, it’s them. So they interact with themselves but they get surprised when the person is not nice back.

Or they may be very honest – and think others are – because you do see in others what is in yourself – and they can get duped. And lied to an manipulated and hurt.

Or they are sort of vulnerable – so they see vulnerability in others that doesn’t really exist. And then give people all sorts of help they don’t need and they can get used easily.

I think the words are true – but not really – I think life’s an echo in terms of waves of energy that interact – and if you know what your energy wave is – then you will know it’s you your looking at and start looking clearly at the energy waves coming back at you.

Maybe that’s when you reach some sort of enlightenment – when you know you are you and they are them but we are all us.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:26 PM

Default For Frogborg

Just loved your beautiful and hearfelt poem...such a loving way to share these karmic reminders with us all.

Love to you,
Wolfdog

Old 05-29-2012, 07:32 PM

Default Purpose of Karma

Contemplating the idea that what we sow is what we reap relies on a belief that we are fully responsible for the quality of our lives. I think it is more complicated than if we do something good something good comes our way or if we do injury we suffer injury. Even though its would be difficult, if not impossible to deny that mechanism, could we also be failing to realize that we are then defining or limiting our understanding of reality to nothing more than a cosmic machine void of intent or purpose. Is the heart of our focus to be centered upon the machine, the activities we call karma, or that which empowers the system?

We can read the intent or will underlying our experience with life in our everyday experiences. Meaning can be found not only within the activity themselves but within the underlying intent of the activity. That which is necessary for our growth is revealed like a text book by the actuality of our daily lives if we but pay attention. Yes we could suffer a hardship because at one time we rendered hardship upon another but the purpose of such may be more than a balancing act. The purpose could be a need to learn and instill compassion within our waking minds or to reveal a truism that manifests and reveals the need for us to create an awareness of, and desire for, infinite love and understanding; to bring cosmic truisms out of instinctual awareness, non conscious action and response, into conscious self awareness. When humanity examines karmic mechanisms as though they were tools that serve rather than tools that discipline and control, they will begin to understand and appreciate that karma is the gift of divine guidance that enacts the messages of Divine intent; messages that help humanity discover and consciously understand and participate in the process of enlightenment.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:30 PM

Light beam - I've been chewing over your post for a few days now.
When I originally posted "Life is an echo" I didn't realize that it could have been interpreted in such a way.
Where I do believe we live within a reality of a balancing cosmos I'm not sure I agree with this equating to a machine that is devoid of intent or purpose.
Wouldn't it's purpose, on a simplified level, be to teach us to "treat others how you want to be treated". This may be viewed as an act of divine discipline or guidance or it might be viewed as us being part of a cosmic system that ebbs and flows from an attraction and or separation of vibratory energetic intentions.
When we understand that our conscious or unconscious thoughts and actions are the very things that set these distinct vibrations in motion which then creates the reality we are surrounded with we begin to realize we are more in control of this than we realize.
xo Frogborg

Last edited by frogborg : 06-01-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:18 AM

I agree with you frogbored when you say,” we are part of a cosmic system that ebbs and flows from the attraction and separation of vibratory energetic intentions. We are more in control of this than we understand.” I also accept that “reality is not run by a machine that is void of intent or purpose,” primarily because it is my understanding that reality IS the machine, not that which creates or runs it. It is the feminine visible aspect that embodies the masculine so as to give presence or existence to the masculine while the masculine is the unseen blue-print, the intent and purpose enacted by the feminine; two halves of the same coin; the same Totality.

To explain my thinking I will briefly elaborate so you may understand my viewpoint and if so desired offer suggestions for further exploration. I very much enjoy the exchange and welcome constructive differences.

The mechanisms that manifest as the forms (existence or perceived reality) that enable experience are not in and of themselves, in their singularities, the creator selves that utilize them as tools enacting purpose and intent. Human beings existing as fully balanced self aware differentiated conscious selves can utilize both their masculine and feminine aspects to produce and utilize tools, learn, express, and comprehend the information that is inherent to their beingness. Individual forms, in essence, are not separated from Totality yet serve and exist as aspects of differentiated Totality. As such they cannot be void of purpose or intent whether individually self aware or not, self directed or not. The fact that they can be experienced as a differentiated “something” indicates they denote an existence, a reality, a difference, or set boundary that reveals specific information that can be both experienced and recognized by the Observer; yet they are nothing more or less than the “knowing or awareness” of the Observer. In actuality there is no separation. Nothing exists apart from Totality. The degree of conscious participation a singularity, a human being or form has as an aspect of Totality to influence karma or any other aspect of life depends upon its depth of awareness and inherent wisdom.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Hi Lightbeam
Welcome to Shirley's site

Great conversation and a beautiful poem Froggie
Thank you

Old 07-01-2012, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the welcome Brit!

Old 07-08-2012, 08:38 AM

Hello
Frogborg - What an apt poem - a gentle reminder of life.
Lightbeam - Welcome. Your comments were well thought through.
Thank you both for an expansive discussion!

Old 07-09-2012, 12:54 PM

Smile

Thank you Shirley for creating a forum where an otherwise silent voice can be heard.