: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > I.E. Radio

Old 09-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up Sept 25 IE: 2012 & Atlantis

Hi
Shirley's guest next Sunday will be Frank Joseph:Frank Joseph is the editor in chief of Ancient American magazine and the author of Atlantis and 2012, The Destruction of Atlantis, The Lost Civilization of Lemuria, Survivors of Atlantis, and The Lost Treasure of King Juba. Frank lives in Minnesota and speaks around the world.

About Atlantis and 2012

• Shows that the Mayan Calendar was brought to Mexico by survivors of Atlantis

• Correlates scientific studies with the Mayan Calendar to reveal that 2012 could be the start of a new ice age

• Reveals the link between Atlantis and Lemuria discovered by Edgar Cayce

Based on more than 25 years of research around the globe and statements from Edgar Cayce about Atlantis and its Pacific sister civilization of Lemuria, Frank Joseph reveals that the Mayan Calendar was brought to Mexico by survivors of Atlantis. Uncovering the Atlantean influences in both ancient Mesoamerican culture and ancient Egyptian culture, he links the demise of Atlantis with the birth of the Olmec civilization in Mexico (the progenitors of the Maya), the beginning of the first Egyptian dynasty, and the start of the Mayan Calendar.

Joseph explains that the Mayan Calendar was invented by the combined genius of Atlantis and Lemuria and describes how it predicts an eternal cycle of global creation, destruction, and renewal. Correlating this recurring cycle with scientific studies on glacial ice cores and predictions from the Hopi, the Incas, and the Scandinavian Norse, Joseph reveals that 2012 could be the start of a new ice age and the advent of a massive solar storm. However, Joseph shows that the Maya knew the way to reestablish civilization’s cosmic balance before time runs out.

Tune in
Sunday Sept 25 - 6 PM PDT - 9 PM EDT
BE

Old 09-17-2011, 06:21 PM

Just love Frank Joseph's work - I'm looking forward to hearing this show.
xo Froggie

Old 09-17-2011, 07:41 PM

Thumbs up

Anthropologists have said that the Mayans didn’t have very good basic math skills. The way they took care of their accounting and business and used math for that was nothing special. Then they have this fantastic calander.

They say that this is bizarre in terms of social evolution and shows that the information from the calendars must have been taught to them by more advanced cultures. They come to this conclusion because they say that the way people learn follows a progression that leads from one idea to the next and the math in the Mayan culture is like having grade three math and math that is at the university level and nothing in between.

So, it had to come from someone else!

Old 09-24-2011, 09:19 AM

Hello Frank,
Remember me? We met briefly in Wisconsin
several years back at an A.R.E. event. You were
speaking about Lemuria and Atlantis and i had
come there in search of "Synchronicity and You",
because i couldn't find it anywhere. You told me it
was out of print in the U.S., and when i told you what
was happening to me, you made a xerox copy of it
for me and sent it to me in the mail. Remember?
So much i gleaned from that; THANK YOU!
Like you, i spent a lot of time traveling down the
country roads of Southern Illinois in search of
Alexander Helios' lost treasure; due to a connection
i felt so strongly to him and Cleopatra Selene. And
though (like you) i never found it, i found so many
other things along the way. Did you know that there
is a town called "Shirley" in McLean County?
(Pronounced MacLaine) and that there is also a town
called "Shirley" in Jefferson County?
Sweet gentle man with the brilliant green aura that
likes to play; i just wanted you to know how profoundly
grateful i am to you for your earlier books; for within
them was so much grist for the mill of my spiritual
awakening. Many blessings to you.

Love and Light,
Chi

Old 09-25-2011, 03:51 PM

Question Oera Linda

I’m not sure how much this applies to Frank Joseph’s latest book although in Google books I did find mention of it in the introduction and a couple of other places when I did a search (but that might just be in footnotes)

–– but if it is appropriate – SM, could you please ask about the Oera Linda – I was curious as to his opinion of it’s validity or if he thinks it is more likely a hoax and why.

Thank you.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit
Hi
Shirley's guest next Sunday will be Frank Joseph:Frank Joseph is the editor in chief of Ancient American magazine and the author of Atlantis and 2012, The Destruction of Atlantis, The Lost Civilization of Lemuria, Survivors of Atlantis, and The Lost Treasure of King Juba. Frank lives in Minnesota and speaks around the world.

About Atlantis and 2012

• Shows that the Mayan Calendar was brought to Mexico by survivors of Atlantis

• Correlates scientific studies with the Mayan Calendar to reveal that 2012 could be the start of a new ice age

• Reveals the link between Atlantis and Lemuria discovered by Edgar Cayce

Based on more than 25 years of research around the globe and statements from Edgar Cayce about Atlantis and its Pacific sister civilization of Lemuria, Frank Joseph reveals that the Mayan Calendar was brought to Mexico by survivors of Atlantis. Uncovering the Atlantean influences in both ancient Mesoamerican culture and ancient Egyptian culture, he links the demise of Atlantis with the birth of the Olmec civilization in Mexico (the progenitors of the Maya), the beginning of the first Egyptian dynasty, and the start of the Mayan Calendar.

Joseph explains that the Mayan Calendar was invented by the combined genius of Atlantis and Lemuria and describes how it predicts an eternal cycle of global creation, destruction, and renewal. Correlating this recurring cycle with scientific studies on glacial ice cores and predictions from the Hopi, the Incas, and the Scandinavian Norse, Joseph reveals that 2012 could be the start of a new ice age and the advent of a massive solar storm. However, Joseph shows that the Maya knew the way to reestablish civilization’s cosmic balance before time runs out.

Tune in
Sunday Sept 25 - 6 PM PDT - 9 PM EDT
BE

Thank you Brit.

Love, Chi

Old 09-25-2011, 07:22 PM

That was a GREAT interview.
i loved the contagious cosmic laughter in the end.
Made me laugh heartily too.
Going to pick up the book tomorrow and dive into it.
Love,
Chi

Old 09-25-2011, 10:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to billy beyond
Default Now THAT'S what I call a good show!

Shirley, I have listened to every single show in your archive. Thank you for making them available. Tonight's Frank Joseph show was a gem. Concise, educational, terrifying, inspiring and entertaining. Your analogy of our entire existence being for the benefit of an alien audience was perfect.

You make my mind expand.

I lOve listening to your conversations because I can hear you thinking.

Keep em comin kid.

You are a bright star.

Billy Erb
NYC

Www.billybeyond.com

Old 09-26-2011, 01:13 PM

Fabulous interview, sure a lot of food for thought.

And I loved Shirley's parting line "Go within yourself and think about what YOU would do if YOU were in dire trouble."

That's my day's meditation ....

Anyone want to share what YOU would do?

Love to all,
Lura

Old 10-01-2011, 08:53 PM

Thumbs up

Hi SisterLura,

I haven’t listened to the interview yet – (slow connection and time constraints being the reasons why – But I saw your post here and thought it intriguing –
Quote:

"Go within yourself and think about what YOU would do if YOU were in dire trouble."

At first I laughed because it seems such a downer of a statement– and SM is pretty pessimistic seeming sometimes – but I put that down to having a Moon in Virgo – (I think she has a Moon in Virgo – my theory might be based on erroneous information ).

After I laughed I figured she was just trying to get people to consider how to they might react to a crisis – be prepared – that sort of thing. It’s better to consider things and realize how we might react than be confronted with situations that could throw us off –

If we consider them before, we can be prepared; deal with our fears before hand etc – that makes sense.

And then yesterday – I picked up this book I had coming at the library – “Never Saw it Coming”. The author’s thesis is basically about how society, especially American society, is very optimistic and therefore is skewed not to consider things that possibly need to be considered.

I only had a chance to look through the first few pages, but she claims that our brains function in a way that they categorize things. And what they look for is the closest to the “best” or “ideal” that we have in our minds . That means that the worst case scenarios are pushed to the unconscious.

When they are pushed to the edge of the unconscious, it means that people don’t prepare for them or learn from them or basically pay attention to them.

I thought this was interesting in terms of the new age idea of drawing to you what you want. The theory with that is – focus on the positive and you will draw it to you. Which is also a reason the question by SM made me laugh because it’s so “not new agey” seeming. But I think that the focus on the positive to draw things to you idea is a bit of a shallow interpretation of things.

What the idea is really talking about from my understanding of the psychology/spirituality on which it was based – is that we draw to us the things that we have to deal with – ie what is in our unconscious, not our conscious draws things to us.

But I think it’s not so much a drawing to us but that we don’t recognize those things that are in our unconscious so we don’t adjust our paths as we see those things coming – because we don’t see them.

So it seems then that the question, whether SM intended it to be quite important and profound or not – could be very important – for people because if we can imagine the worst and then deal with it in our minds we can then focus on the positive and notice the things that will lead us off the path to that positive outcome.

Does that make sense?

Of course, in terms of actually imagining the most dire situation and answering the question hmmmmm . .. .

Let’s see – that is difficult – I’ll have to get back to you.

Have you done the meditation?