: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Can you say that every night you experience a deep, restful, relaxed sleep? Do you wake up feeling renewed and ready for the day or do you want to hit the snooze button, roll over and bury your head back in the pillow. Renowned sleep specialist, Dr. Robert S. Rosenberg, has a new book that can help you enjoy the best sleep ever! Sleep Soundly Every Night, Feel Fantastic Every Day: A Doctor's Guide to Solving Your Sleep Problems can and will help you have sweet dreams!
Sleep Soundly Every Night, Feel Fantastic Every Day


Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire




Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > The Media
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 06-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Anita12 Anita12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: J
Posts: 246
Default

Brit & Nori,


Brit...the stateent Rob posted was the one I heard last night on TV.

Nori...I agree with your post...I feel the same way.
__________________
Love & More Love...Anita

"Circumstance does not make the man. Circumstance reveals man to himself."
—Emerson
Reply With Quote
 
  #12  
Old 06-01-2007, 05:41 PM
show show is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,025
Default ??

Who is Lindsay Lohan?

I'm way out of the loop I guess. I don't know who is who in Hollywood anymore and don't really care to.

I'm bored right now and wanted to lighten up and decided to open this thread and read some really ugly things about someone nobody really knows.

If this person, Lindsay, has these kind of problems, wouldn't it be more compassionate and understanding to put pressure on those in power who could get her the "REAL" kind of professional help she needs?

Hollywood has always had actors with depressive problems, addiction problems, and it always has hidden it or exploited it. Buying into the propaganda surrounding one sick person reflects what our society thinks about itself, not her!

Why isn't there more emphasis and talk about getting her the real help rather than putting her down which seems to be way out of her control. She is a human being and she is not the only person in the acting business who has these problems, so the question should be----why so much press on this poor girl instead of all the others, and how do we get her the help she so obviously is crying out for.

Don't buy into the media so they can make more money out of personal pain and tragedy.....and mental illness.

Lightshow
Reply With Quote
 
  #13  
Old 06-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Vibrani Vibrani is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 804
Default Lohan

She's a young actress, not yet 21 years old. She became famous for redoing the film The Parent Trap, and then did several films since then. She also sings.
__________________
Source Consciousness
vibrani.com
Reply With Quote
 
  #14  
Old 06-01-2007, 09:44 PM
IndigoWolf's Avatar
IndigoWolf IndigoWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 2,244
Send a message via AIM to IndigoWolf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightshow
Who is Lindsay Lohan?

I'm way out of the loop I guess. I don't know who is who in Hollywood anymore and don't really care to.

I'm bored right now and wanted to lighten up and decided to open this thread and read some really ugly things about someone nobody really knows.

If this person, Lindsay, has these kind of problems, wouldn't it be more compassionate and understanding to put pressure on those in power who could get her the "REAL" kind of professional help she needs?

Hollywood has always had actors with depressive problems, addiction problems, and it always has hidden it or exploited it. Buying into the propaganda surrounding one sick person reflects what our society thinks about itself, not her!

Why isn't there more emphasis and talk about getting her the real help rather than putting her down which seems to be way out of her control. She is a human being and she is not the only person in the acting business who has these problems, so the question should be----why so much press on this poor girl instead of all the others, and how do we get her the help she so obviously is crying out for.

Don't buy into the media so they can make more money out of personal pain and tragedy.....and mental illness.

Lightshow



Hi Lightshow,

Rather than rephrasing what you have already said I'll just say I agree with you and with Nori. I don't know anything about this person either except that it has been reflected here for us in Shirleyworld. Mirror?

Love,
WoDi
__________________
Indigowolf
---------------------------------------------------
The real trick to life is not to be in the know
but to be in the mystery...from "What The Bleep"
Reply With Quote
 
  #15  
Old 06-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Chi's Avatar
Chi Chi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: S
Posts: 5,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori
I had decided NOT to become involved in this thread,
however, I cannot read this last response of hatred and negativity
towards another human being, and just let it go. I know very little about the gossip
of Hollywood, I do care about how Shirley is represented here
on her site. We have a right to our opinions, that is true.... BUT
this vitreolic response as well as some of the others in this thread
obviously affected me. Let's try to be a little understanding, I am
not making excuses for Ms Lohan.... we need to take responsibility
for our actions... and also give a little encouragement in a way
that is helpful- either a kick in the butt or a hug, or both.
There are enough serioius problems in the world that we need not
dwell on the unfortunate mistakes made by one young woman.

i too was blown away by some of the sentiments
(or lack of sentiment) in this thread, Not only do
i echo your sentiments, Nori - but i am compelled
to add that substance abuse is a disease. And the
irresponsibility that comes with it is not the problem;
but merely a symptom of the problem which is the inability to
get over something from the past or present so hurtful
and emotionally painful that (in the process of burying it
so deep inside) it alters the direction of a life to the point
of no direction. Having gone around in circles with this
disease of the emotions myself for some time before chosing
rehab and finally finding the right counselor who could reach
me, I know...
i do not know (however) this Ms Lohan (never heard of
her before tonight) but i do know the disease...
and i wish her the right person in her life to reach her.
i wish her WELL.
In Love and Light,
Chi
Reply With Quote
 
  #16  
Old 06-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Chi's Avatar
Chi Chi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: S
Posts: 5,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi
i too was blown away by some of the sentiments
(or lack of sentiment) in this thread, Not only do
i echo your sentiments, Nori - but i am compelled
to add that substance abuse is a disease. And the
irresponsibility that comes with it is not the problem;
but merely a symptom of the problem which is the inability to
get over something from the past or present so hurtful
and emotionally painful that (in the process of burying it
so deep inside) it alters the direction of a life to the point
of no direction. Having gone around in circles with this
disease of the emotions myself for some time before chosing
rehab and finally finding the right counselor who could reach
me, I know...
i do not know (however) this Ms Lohan (never heard of
her before tonight) but i do know the disease...
and i wish her the right person in her life to reach her.
i wish her WELL.
In Love and Light,
Chi

Oh for God's Sake -
i just realized who she is!
She was in "Georgia Rule".
Great movie!
She was good in it too!
Reply With Quote
 
  #17  
Old 06-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Christina P Christina P is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: B
Posts: 4
Default

I still haven't gotten a response to my question, so I'm assuming it's a correct press release.

However, people who break the law must earn the right to call thier actions mistakes. Someone who broke the law last week has not yet earned that.

Ms. Lohan plays a stripper in her next film and it will do well at the box office because it's target demographic is young males.

It's not about a lack of compassion, although Ms. Lohan does have a reputation for dissing her fans, but it's about money. Movies that star Ms. Lohan with a target demographic of females over 25 will not do well. We don't want to see her.

This will be evident when this movie (if costarring Lohan) hits the theatres. We'd like to see someone else in the role. Why is that so hard to understand?

That's all I'm saying.

PS: it will cost more to insure her than the box office take, but if it's the principle (and I don't understand the principle anyway) and not the $$$ then I suppose that doesn't matter. Those hollywood insiders'll show us, huh?

"Let's hire Ms. Lohan whether people want to see her or not. Box office dollars be damned!"
Reply With Quote
 
  #18  
Old 06-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Cyn Cyn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 705
Default Hi Christina...

Didn't you get the Shirley Gram? Shirley stated her thoughts there.

I agree with Nori and Lah and others. I'm sending her energy for healing.

Christina, I don't know you at all but - just wondering... you seem extremely upset about this. Is this really about Lindsay Lohan? Or are you angry about something else and she is a convenient target to vent your anger.

I don't want to be confrontational - but the anger you are expressing here toward Lindsay seems out of proportion to me.

I've sent you energy for healing too. I hope that's ok.

Take care -
Love,
Cyn
Reply With Quote
 
  #19  
Old 06-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Chi's Avatar
Chi Chi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: S
Posts: 5,031
Default

i'm 50 and though (as a rule) i would probably
not rush out to see a movie with any actor
in their twenties (they're just not seasoned
enough yet); i did love the chemistry
between Lindsay Lohan and Jane Fonda in
"Georgia Rule" and i highly recommend it.
Ten or twenty years from now, the personal
character that Lindsay Lohan develops just
might surprise all of you who are so hell
bent on passing your harsh judgments.
Tell us Christina, where were you in your
twenties? In your thirties? Have you not grown
since then? Or were you perfect in every way?
Are you perfect now?

"It ain't over til the fat lady sings"

In Love and Light,
Chi
Reply With Quote
 
  #20  
Old 06-03-2007, 11:50 PM
show show is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,025
Default Christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina P
I still haven't gotten a response to my question, so I'm assuming it's a correct press release.

However, people who break the law must earn the right to call thier actions mistakes. Someone who broke the law last week has not yet earned that.

Ms. Lohan plays a stripper in her next film and it will do well at the box office because it's target demographic is young males.

It's not about a lack of compassion, although Ms. Lohan does have a reputation for dissing her fans, but it's about money. Movies that star Ms. Lohan with a target demographic of females over 25 will not do well. We don't want to see her.

This will be evident when this movie (if costarring Lohan) hits the theatres. We'd like to see someone else in the role. Why is that so hard to understand?

That's all I'm saying.

PS: it will cost more to insure her than the box office take, but if it's the principle (and I don't understand the principle anyway) and not the $$$ then I suppose that doesn't matter. Those hollywood insiders'll show us, huh?

"Let's hire Ms. Lohan whether people want to see her or not. Box office dollars be damned!"



Hi,
There is no moderation, moderators on the EB like there are on most websites, e-forums. We are pretty much left to our own responsibility for getting the answers we need here from each other or you can email Brit by using the Private Message feature in your account profile. Still, don't expect any answer because they have recently stated that they are just too busy right now to handle anything on the EB.

And just a suggestion from someone who has been warned by the "administration" (there is Brit, Shirley and the administration who oversee this website and the EB, kind of confusing, but....it works for them): if you ever need to use the alert feature make sure you have massive amounts of other posters to back you up! HA.

Lightshow
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 PM.


news . our community . membership . about shirley . shopping . broadcasts . astrology . contact
privacy policy . terms of use . our site mission
copyright © 2004 - 2014 ShirleyMacLaine.com, Inc. and MacLaine Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.