: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > Earth Changes - NEW
View Poll Results: Are you prepared?
Yes 4 15.38%
No, but I plan to prepare 8 30.77%
I need to do more 12 46.15%
I don't think there will be a problem 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2006, 04:55 PM

Default Ah LaLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamalady
Prepared? I guess I'm not quite there to my satisfaction yet but definately working on it. We've been working on it for a long time now.

When we built this place we did so with both Earth friendliness and Earth Changes in mind. The two concepts simply flowed together the more we studied and learned. There was and is no fear involved with it. What served us in getting off the grid and Earth friendly would also serve us in the event of Earth changes.

We've been off the grid from the beginning so we aren't dependant on outside sources of water or electricity. Since we are our own electric company we have lots of flashlights...LOL We have a wood burner for heat. We are working on creating a system to catch run off rain water for my garden but it has to rain for that to do any good...LOL I have an oil lamp collection and always keep plenty of oil on hand partly because I love the glow the lamps put out but it also serves as an added means of light if need be.

We keep about 4-6 months of food in storage and simply rotate it. I am a bit low right now but will be starting to re-stock the next trip to town. I just pick up a few extra non-perishable items each shopping trip. We live far enough away from town that this serves as a supply when ever we get snowed in for a while as well. We have emergency kits on hand and lots of camping gear too. We used to love going camping.

We will have chicks again as of the 12th of this month. We ordered them last Feb. and now I'm glad we did We had a flock for many years but had given away the last of them a few years ago. We know it's now time to start fresh with a new flock.

Interestingly enough we ended up with neighbors who also tend to keep things on hand, who garden and who are wonderful about working together on things. Each of these wonderful neighbors has one particular interest or specialty. One even has a hydroponic garden. Another is a doctor. Another one runs her place on solar energy and is a wellspring of knowledge when it comes to herbs and alternatives so between us we could help eachother if needed. As for transportation, nearly everyone in these parts has some 4-legged transportation if no gasoline were available (a horse) but it would be one heck of a long trip to town!

I do realize that this is not the case in a lot of places. It just happens to be the case here and I do know how blessed we are. There are a lot of simple, common sense measures anyone can take where ever they live.

I watched a movie the other night and one particular phrase was repeated over and over. It went something like this:

"How did the man stranded in the mountains die?
He died of shame. He died of shame because he didn't THINK.
In other words, he was surounded by food, water and shelter if he had only used his ability to "think". What a shameful way to die."

I look at the possibility of Earth Changes at so many different levels. The side this post reflects is what you might call the practical side. There is also the spiritual side, I am also learning about the quantum side and actually doing my own little experiments with that. Learning how to hop from dimension to dimension and reality to reality I guess you could say. I don't have to understand the math, only the concepts.

I also see the possibilities for people to discover the very best they can be and how to Love themselves and one another. If one or both of us decide we don't wish to go through this time of change it's ok. This place will come in handy for someone, perhaps some of our kids.

Wow! I didn't mean to write a book...sorry 'bout that.

Love,
Lala

An after-thought: You know the one neighbor who put out poison for the coyotes...his beef might start looking pretty tasty!...

Ah LaLa, as I have always thought, your place seems to be the epitomy in any situation. The Creme de la Creme. I used to have a "t" that stated just that but of course now, it means much more.

But I was thinking that we could give those of us, who are currently living in the city, a perspective that might be advantegeous.

So, what would you suggest for the city bounders?

Love, Deb
Belief Becomes

Last edited by debabbott : 06-08-2006 at 04:59 PM.

Old 06-08-2006, 05:39 PM

Lala!!!
Oil lamps! For the life of me earlier, I couldn't think of that term. I have a collection of those, and a supply of oil too.

Jade

Old 06-08-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit
Where do we stand? Are we prepared for whatever disaster arises?
BE

I suppose we can prepare for the minor ones.
But, about that big one...
How does one prepare to be wiped off the
face of the earth? Ha!
I put it in God's hands,
asking only for an opportunity to rise
to the occasion; that I might make it
my finest hour in some very simple way.

Love...

Old 06-08-2006, 06:41 PM

Default I am with Chi on this one.

She put into words what I feel.

I have to add though, started in March, the feeling that I should be planting a vegetable garden. Never have. My stepfather made a plot for us once and we all got to pick the vegetable we wanted to grow. I was 12 and thought it was the best thing ever to go out the side door and pick vegetables for my salad! It was awesome.

Then when I lived with my best friend and her parents (so I could finish my senior year in Michigan, when my family moved to Florida) they had a truly magnificent vegetable garden. It makes me smile to think about it.

Anyhow, I have 3 different types of tomato plants growing right now. I feel like I should go full out and have a huge garden, but being a novice, am hesitant.

Other than the garden, am not getting the urge to store supplies...

Old 06-08-2006, 07:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to IndigoWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by debabbott
Ah LaLa, as I have always thought, your place seems to be the epitomy in any situation. The Creme de la Creme. I used to have a "t" that stated just that but of course now, it means much more.

But I was thinking that we could give those of us, who are currently living in the city, a perspective that might be advantegeous.

So, what would you suggest for the city bounders?

Love, Deb

"The Creme de la Creme" HA! what a joke. Most would consider our place quite primative in many ways. Chopping and stacking fire wood, going out in the middle of the night to start a generator because the "electric company" has a glitch.

Microwave ovens don't work here, they take too much juice so you better get reaquainted with an old fashioned stove. Curling irons will zap the solar set-up. We don't have central air and heat, they won't work here either. You have to check the water tank every day because you may need to pump. If your already pumping you may need to turn it off before the tank overflows. I know you know how a garden gets fertalized. Forget that cell phone...their signals don't come out this far. If you forgot to pick up something when you went to the store you simply do without it until the next trip which may be 2 weeks or a month later You can't exactly order a pizza for delivery either. Half the time UPS and FedX can't find us even when I give them directions! There simply is no such thing as "over night" or "two day" delivery. In winter there is no delivery by either of them. You have to drive to town and pick it up yourself. You better have 4-wheel drive in winter or the rainy season. I think of it as a trade off. It just depends how you choose to live.

Sure there are things city dwellers can do. You have easy access to candles, bottled water, oil lamps, batteries, flashlights and a little "camping gear". You can have extra blankets on hand and an emergency kit. You can have a little extra food on the shelves. Most grocery stores carry only a few days supply at any given time I heard once that they only carried about 3 days worth. We keep so much food on hand because 6 months food for the two of us is only 3 months food if there are two other mouths to feed and 2 months if there are 3.

"How does one prepare to be wiped off the
face of the earth?"

That's where a whole different perspective comes in. I guess I would try to live every day as if it were the last day of my life. I would be sure the people I love know I love them. I would stop and watch the bee visiting the flower. I would hug a pine tree. I would soak in all the beauty around me and give thanks for it. Then I would "jump" (or be shoved) into a different dimension and give my mother, my grandmother and a few other folks (and 4-legged folks) all a big hug! We WILL one day be wiped off the face of the earth whether it is tomorrow or when we are 102 years old. So, in that light, perhaps I should remember to do these things every day?

Love,
Lala
but to be in the mystery...from "What The Bleep"

Old 06-09-2006, 12:27 AM

No problems with my family here. I teach both wilderness survival and first aid. Even my kids would not find it too difficult for we have been teaching them as well. I have a small coffe can that has everything I need. What is in it you ask? Hmmm here are some of the things: aluminum foil, 10 metres of rope, swiss army knife, a garbage bag ( trust me you won't believe how handy these come in from using it as a sling, to rain gear to even a small ground tarp), snare wire, safety pins, candle and a bic lighter. Even when empty the flint on that is so large that you don't need a striker and flint to start a fire, just keep flicking the bic, of course if the need arises I can get my husband to start one from scratch for he knows how, I am not that good at that yet. There area few other things in the can that I can't think of off hand at the moment.

You would laugh at how my husband and I camped when we were first dating. Since we both know edible plants, how to fish and snare animals, and to find clean drinking water, and cook over an open fire even without a frying pan, we would go camping with the bare minimum, it was called roughing it to the extreme. If we were ever on that show Survival they would kick us off because we would be too good. LOL.

For those that are wondering how to prepare start taking some outdoor survival courses. These are the best thing and are life savers. When you get good enough you will not have to worry about stocking up on things. We have a natural world out there that will supply us with everything.

Laugher, Life and Love

Last edited by puma : 06-09-2006 at 12:49 AM.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to IndigoWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma
No problems with my family here. I teach both wilderness survival and first aid. Even my kids would not find it too difficult for we have been teaching them as well. I have a small coffe can that has everything I need. What is in it you ask? Hmmm here are some of the things: aluminum foil, 10 metres of rope, swiss army knife, a garbage bag ( trust me you won't believe how handy these come in from using it as a sling, to rain gear to even a small ground tarp), snare wire, safety pins, candle and a bic lighter. Even when empty the flint on that is so large that you don't need a striker and flint to start a fire, just keep flicking the bic, of course if the need arises I can get my husband to start one from scratch for he knows how, I am not that good at that yet. There area few other things in the can that I can't think of off hand at the moment.

You would laugh at how my husband and I camped when we were first dating. Since we both know edible plants, how to fish and snare animals, and to find clean drinking water, and cook over an open fire even without a frying pan, we would go camping with the bare minimum, it was called roughing it to the extreme. If we were ever on that show Survival they would kick us off because we would be too good. LOL.

For those that are wondering how to prepare start taking some outdoor survival courses. These are the best thing and are life savers. When you get good enough you will not have to worry about stocking up on things. We have a natural world out there that will supply us with everything.

Laugher, Life and Love

"For those that are wondering how to prepare start taking some outdoor survival courses. These are the best thing and are life savers. When you get good enough you will not have to worry about stocking up on things. We have a natural world out there that will supply us with everything."

This is a great idea, especially if you live in a rural enough area to get out of the city. I would add to think about the kind of surroundings you live in and be sure that the courses were relavent to your circumstances. It won't help you to know that the pinion tree has delicious edible seeds if there isn't a pinion tree for 1,000 miles and you wouldn't know one if you saw it.

Puma is right when she says Mother Nature will provide you with all you need. One book I would like to mention is "Earthways" by Mary SummerRain. There is also a set of books called "The Foxfire Books" that are extremely informative. Books can't take the place of experience but do give you someplace to start

That is why I posted the story about the man dying of "shame" because he didn't think. Thanks to the computer you now have access to more knowledge than at any other time. Use it

Another suggestion: Try to think of a place where you and your loved ones can meet should you be separated by any event or the aftermath of an event. Discuss it with the family, especially the kids. You don't have to make it a big dramatic thing but simply one more safety measure to add to the rules of the house the same way you would do with fire preparation and knowing not to go with strangers.

Love,
Lala
but to be in the mystery...from "What The Bleep"

Old 06-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Ok - something is strange about this picture...

We have over 100 views and a handful of posts...
Why?

Next topic - What is preparedness?

BE

Old 06-09-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit
Ok - something is strange about this picture...

We have over 100 views and a handful of posts...
Why?

Next topic - What is preparedness?

BE

Dear Brit,
Perhaps the subject matter is a bit too broad? Exactly what type of disaster are we talking about? With some the best preparedness is maintaining enough flexibilty to get your head between your knees etc. When I was in the USAF I was constantly getting saddled with unit disaster preparednes planning. That covered a huge range of things from local tornadoes, chemical warfare operations, dispersal of assets in case of nuclear strike, etc. It helps to know what you are preparing for.
Sincerely,
Cybergrape

Old 06-09-2006, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris
I don't have anything stashed away, or put aside.
All I have is myself.
After what I have seen, I am prepared.
It is not the Earth Quake or other disaster I fear.
It is the number of people who will be displaced, among which the dregs of society will prey upon the weak.
I See Them Daily.
I am going to open myself up for rebuttal here.
I see, and experience, and am in the presence of despirate predatory beings. Drug addicts and alcoholics, gang bangers, thieves, and other criminals who when practicing have no compassion for anything, and not even themselves!
Living Human Garbage who have no purpose but to take up space on the face of the Earth, and want! Living to make themselves feel by inflicting pain upon others.
This is the world that exists outside suburbia, the inner city world. The bottom strata of society. That place no one wants to admit exists. Those people that is safer to remain in denial of.
Those of you blessed and privileged with a beautiful home, and all it's accoutrements therein and out.....
Think of the other end of the spectrum. The other side of the coin. The opposite place. The Yin opposing Yang.
I could be nicey nicey here.
The only reason have been able to survive in the places I have been is that I am a soldier, and no one will mess with me.
This is why this Earth Changes thing is so important to me.
When the Earth is displaced, so are the people. New Orleans was just a little preview. What I saw happening here where I now reside involved what people do to, and for each other.
When that Tsunami hit it was the end of the world.
When Katrina hit it was the end of the world.
It does not take much to end the world. Just a little nudge away from normal daily routine, and things get difficult.
We live in a universe of ordered chaos. Things are slated to happen, because God wants to see how we act and re-act.
Gurdjieff called this "The Terror of the Situation".

Ostrich may stick their head in the ground.....
People keep their head elsewhere.

The best part of this is people are going to rise to the occasion. The Good and Best in people will emerge, to counter the negative aspects out there.
People will come together to help each other despite adversity. Adversity will cause those who are of different customs and culture to put their differences aside and help each other, accept each other, and heal each other.
This is where from the End of the World comes a new beginning.

This is where I am going to be, and that's why I am here.

Dearest Osiris

I talked to alot of mayans after the eye of the hurricane..last november...which stayed over the city for l4 hours.....they all had no electricity for 4 days.....they are picked up and started to move forward right away....however they are used to this way of life....that is why they have palm tree roofs....

I am ready....however my winter could be a challenge...with bow and arrow in hand....and dragon by my side....I am ready!!!!

empress of the east