: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > Relationships

Old 09-20-2011, 06:57 AM

Thanks, Free and Brit, for an interesting discussion; I have enjoyed it. And yes, Free, in answer to your question, I think I get the sense of what you are saying about propaganda in that it is essential for people to know the vocabulary.

My point about Brit's discussion of equality and relating it to objectivism was not clear. Here it is: there is no equality in objectivism. Equality is not considered in the pursuit of happiness of the individual in Ayn Rand's philosophy as Rand does not consider the moral worth.

Peace and love,
Tgumster

Old 09-20-2011, 03:59 PM

Thumbs up

Hi TG – thank you for clearing that up about equality. For me, equality just meant equal rights under the law (like women, homosexuals, ethnic minorities etc).

I think it’s interesting that Ayn Rand was educated in Russia before, during and after the revolution. It’s not suprising, in my opinion, from a psychological perspective, that she then might form a philosophy that’s about total freedom – ie the pendulum swing to the opposite of what she might have experienced in Russia when communism came into power.

What you said about her not advocating the moral – I would say spiritual – not because I equate the two but because I think anyone who promotes something that doesn’t incorporate the understanding of interconnectedness (of humans to nature; of humans to other humans; of economic systems to society etc) is not considering the spiritual aspect of life.

Aside from that – I just wanted to say – when I said New World Order – I meant the historical term referring to a shift in the balance of power – I didn’t actually realize that the term New World Order was also conspiracy theory. But oddly, the historical shift in power to globalization could bring about societies that the conspiracists talk about – ie with less freedom or individuality in general.

I’ll have to look into this NWO– lol – another confusion of terms that need defining!!

Old 04-22-2012, 11:29 PM

Default Individual over God

I dont believe that God put us all here, and believe me we dont have the power to put ourselves here, he put us here, anyway, to be individualistic. I believe he put us all here so we could work our way back to him, through negative experiences which others bring to us. I read somewhere that some of us are here to have a real life, and others are just here to provide experiences, and I actually believe this to be true.
Individualism teaches that we can be anything and do anything we want, well look what is has gotten us.... Were not having much fun are we. False doctrines and distorted reality has us all so afraid of living that we actually attach our garages to our houses now so that we dont have to walk up to the house in the dark. Then we buy dogs so they can be our bodyguards and feed them crap out of a paperbag, because we love them....
We had better start listening to the native americans if we want to make it out alive....
For behold the kingdom of heaven is within you. Luke 17:21

Old 04-22-2012, 11:42 PM

Default Japan

I was fortunate to live in Japan for many years and can say with no doubt in my heart if I could I would live there the rest of my life, my husband also. There is something special that happens to some that have lived there, amongst the most genuine, polite, unspoiled people I have ever known. They have suffered some of the most horrendous experiences in modern times, the atomic bomb, and the tsunami, and yet they still are gentle and kind. I have seen it with my own eyes, they will never steal, wallets, bicycles left outside convenience stores, nobody ever touches them. They are steadfast believers in Buddhism and Shinto and follow the rules. And now the whole world is starting to take notice and they are deeply respected for their ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughn
Well CHANGE is inevitable, even if Obama doesn't wanna do it by being a new republican.

They say the Japanese are more homogenous, wanting to fit in, maybe that is a better way, at least they seem to respect one another; especially after returning some $78 million that was found in wallets and debris from the earthquake to it's rightful owners, not one cent was taken.

Then when can say on the journey we are always alone, that true awareness is going to come from within and not doing what everyone else is doing.

Perhaps it's a little of both walking the lonely path yet knowing we are never truly alone in our connection to all things.

I'm so gullible, perhaps a bit too open minded, but in my old age have come to question at least a bit before I leap into some assumption, water cure, revelation. I've never had much money to lose, only my pride, and that's hopefully subsiding to compassion and understanding. There perhaps lies my truth.

Celebrate the moments of your life,
For behold the kingdom of heaven is within you. Luke 17:21