: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > Main Category > Meditations

Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 AM

Default Who We Are

April 18, 2012 -- Pema Chodrin:

WHO WE ARE

Meditation practice isnít about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. Itís about befriending who we are already. The ground of practice is you or me or whoever we are right now, just as we are. Thatís the ground, thatís what we study, thatís what we come to know with tremendous curiosity and interest.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:11 AM

Thumbs up Illuminating Meditation

I embraced a formal meditation program when I began a vision quest of my own several weeks ago. I listened to it continuously for 8 days and then my third
eye was opened. I felt an instantaneous and incredibly deep connection with mother earth. I wanted to "go in her" and I was stood up and asked spiritually who walks with me? I was held by both arms and answered, "Buffalo Calf Woman and Spiderwoman walk with me." Then I was allowed to "enter into" (felt like my soul flew to her straight from my solar plexus) and commune with Mother Earth. I felt her ask me where had I been for so long??! I cried and cried that I only now remembered my "job" here. I feel I must have been one of Mothers Priestesses. I was filled with an immense sense of love and well being. Mother told me to tell everyone to please lay down all their crystals, rocks and rings they love and put themselves flat on her face or on a wood floor or other natural surface where she can feel our hearts and our love. I slept on the floor with my rocks and crystals for 8 days.
Well, my family thought I was nuts and put me in a mental hospital where they gave me some pill to make me sleep. When I got out I still felt the same and knew I needed to contact Native Americans who could help me in a spiritually guiding way. I prayed and went to South Dakota where I met a Native American family. They prayed with me on the sacred ground of the Black Hills. I know my way is the Red Road (my great-grandmother was Cree and though I never met her, I have always felt I was Indian and that she is with me).
I was raised in Brooklyn, NY and my parents say I didn't sleep my first year until they took me tent camping. I believe that when I lay on Mother Earth and felt nature and the sounds and smells of her around me I was able to relax enough to deeply sleep through my first night.
Meditation can surprise you with it's ability to connect us with the core of who we are.

I pray for all my relations. Love, light, peace and joy to all that lives.

I didn't know where else on the web I could put my experience. Thank you and bless you for having this perfect space to share our meditations spiritual realities.

Last edited by KonBongos : 04-26-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:40 PM

Default just be

meditation helps me to slow my mind. when i slow my mind i have a better experience. i have a better life. people enjoy my company