: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > I.E. Radio

Old 05-16-2013, 08:20 PM

I watched episode 2 of Wilford last night and didn't care much for it. It was too over the top for me. I hope episode 3 is toned down a bit.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:03 PM

I've watched the first 13 episodes of Wilford available on Netflix streaming now. There are lots of funny bits, though it's often pretty raunchy. More important, I don't think it goes anywhere. I kept wondering about this throughout.

Mary Steenburgen was in one of the later segments. I wish they'd done more with her. I like her a lot. She was wonderful in the always intriguing Joan of Arcadia--in fact the entire cast was great.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM

Default Melchior growing into his therapy dog role

Yesterday I went to have my blood drawn. Melchior came along as he does to all my medical appointments. When we finished, we walked out into the waiting room filled with a dozen adults there for various tests.

Immediately Melchior started going round to to greet people and give them individualized attention. One elderly woman with oxygen tubes running from the oxygen tank on the back of her wheelchair into her nose sat quietly in a wheelchair beside her husband. She seemed checked out, as if trying to endure the next ordeal on her journey.

Melchior went right up to her and nuzzled her hands clasped in her lap.

As if coming back to the present, she began petting him.

"He's just what I needed this morning," she said, and thanked me for allowing him to visit with her.

Then Melchior moved to another woman who'd just sat down. Middle aged, she appeared much sturdier than the first. He put his front paws on her lap and began nuzzling her neck. "That's just what my Johnny used to do," she said, laughing.

Melchior then approached an older man who was standing a bit off from the others, appearing not too interested in the proceedings. Melchior jumped up on him and cried a little. I scolded him for jumping up. The man bent down to pet and praise him. "I don't mind a bit," he said.

As with his predecessor therapy dog Baltho, Melchior seems to know just what people need. If I relax and let him, since he can be as rambunctious as most puppies. But he never is in such situations.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:07 PM

A neighbor came to pick up his signed copy of Baltho tonight and took some really good pics of Noir and Melchior. Have a look: https://www.facebook.com/thomas.watson.790?ref=tn_tnmn
Most things on my FB sites are public, including pics, so you don't have to friend me to look at them.

Last edited by Thomas Ramey Watson : 05-30-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:04 AM

Looks like some people in the past few days have bought Kindle versions of Baltho for their summer reading. It should be a good read for vacations, especially on Kindle for $8.89. http://www.amazon.com/Baltho-The-Do...67644962&sr=8-1

Don't forget if you order it directly from me you can get a signed and inscribed copy for the regular retail price. http://www.thomasrameywatson.com/editing/

Old 06-26-2013, 04:32 PM

Default love apple

I picked a nice big Super Fantastic tomato, unblemished, ripe, for dinner. I sat it on the glass patio table, while Melchior snooped around the plants on the deck and I watered them all. During the heat I have to water two or three times a day.

I turned to go inside, reaching for the tomato. It wasn't there. Nor was Melchior. It had to have happened fast. I'd just seen him beside me.

I rushed into the living room to see him take off toward the bedroom.

Sure enough, he had the tomato in his mouth. He dropped it.

It had only a couple of teeth marks.

Buy my book Baltho, The Dog Who Owned a Man at thomasrameywatson.com/editing for regular price and get it signed and inscribed for free. Also available in Kindle and as paperback on Amazon.com.

Baltho was the first incarnation of the Afghan hound that has returned again as Melchior, the third time with me in this life anyway.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:11 AM

Geoff Ward is doing some publicity for me. As soon as he finished the article he's going to place in various outlets, I'll post it here. It's quite good, I think. He writes about the mystical and mysterious and manages the well-known, Colin Wilson's website for him:
HTML Code:
http://www.mysteriousplanet.net/

Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 PM

Last night at 11.30 I heard Melchior and Noir playing hide and seek in the great room, dining room, and kitchen. All of a sudden I heard a big thumb and Melchior screaming bloody murder. He ran into the bedroom where I was watching TV, jumped on the bed, still screaming. He was so loud and shrill that he actually hurt my ear drums, setting off some sort of counter vibrations in them. He would not shut up.

He seemed to have hurt his back leg.

Finally he stopped and went to lie on the floor.

About 15 mins. later he was fine again.

The joys of Afghan over-reactions. Aren't they fun.......

Old 07-15-2013, 04:33 PM

Must be animal issue time.

I was out picking raspberries, when all of a sudden I felt cat claws on my back. Noir had jumped up and was holding on for dear life. I had to reach round and hold him to me so he'd stop digging in. He purred and purred, so happy to have me hold him.

After I got him safely removed, I went inside, and sure nuff I have blood on the back of my shirt.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 PM

I was just sitting down to a lemon ice, made with Italian lemon juice (bottled, no preservatives) sweetened with Stevia. Melchior wouldn't leave it alone. He licked the glass and barked.

I finally realized he wanted ice too.

So I filled the stainless steel water bowl with crushed ice. Sure enough he's over eating the ice and slurping the water.