: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > Science and Technology

Old 08-06-2012, 08:51 PM

Thumbs up Mars Science Laboratory

Hello,

I really enjoy this site:

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/participate/

Love,
Di

Old 08-07-2012, 03:17 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushings
Hello,

I really enjoy this site:

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/participate/

Love,
Di

Thanks for website, part of me is exited about new discovery but the other part asks the question that I posted there and here:

"Well is it OK to pollute another planet in name of the curiosity?"

Old 08-07-2012, 05:42 AM

Default I concur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basia
Thanks for website, part of me is exited about new discovery but the other part asks the question that I posted there and here:

"Well is it OK to pollute another planet in name of the curiosity?"

I think that's an extremely important observation/question, Basia ... it has been on my mind as well.

I feel the same as you - part of me is excited; and the rest of me is thinking, Oh, yikes! Here "we" go again, invading others' space ....

Old 08-07-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterlura
I think that's an extremely important observation/question, Basia ... it has been on my mind as well.

I feel the same as you - part of me is excited; and the rest of me is thinking, Oh, yikes! Here "we" go again, invading others' space ....

Thanks Sisterlura.
It makes me happy that some feel as I do. With our spiritual awareness still being in a minority I often feel so sad what is happening up there.

So I voice my concern that's the only thing I can do and than I am ridiculed. I don't care about that I' am stronger because of it.
But what concerns me is the general attitude of people now who are more concern about profits than destoying an enviroment.

You can read the replays I got there when I voiced my concern. Only one person liked it the rest were so egotistic and sarcastic but that's the voice of today materialistic greed.

I was watching two nights ago great documentary about the the Australian coast of Kimberly region south west of Darvin where natural eniroment is in danger of Gas exploration, so sad what is happening all around this planet. And now is it a progress or is it something else what is happening on Mars.

You know I was wondering about that saying "Curiosity kills the cat" I truly hope that it will not kill the Mars.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:05 PM

Well, if it's o.k. that they invade our space, why can't we invade their space? Just asking.
Joanne

Old 08-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Administrator

I wanted to add to this from some personal experience.

Back in the last century (1997) I was at JPL reporting for Televisa on the Mars Pathfinder Mission. I sat in the press room as we all held our breath as Pathfinder found its way to the Mars surface. A collective squeal echoed throughout the halls of JPL when we knew it had safely landed and was transmitting. Tears, hugs and handshakes were shared by all.

My Dad, as some of you know, was one of the earlier pioneers of the space age. He, with Von Braun and others, sent missiles up only to watch them tumble to Earth or explode on the pad. This was years before manned flight - that was only a dream. He and the other engineers bounced between the Cape, Los Alamos, White Sands and JPL in search of their vision of finding out what was beyond our immediate understanding.

On that day back in '97, sitting in the middle of JPL's press room, watching and listening to the 'modern' engineers express their expectations for Pathfinder, I wiped a proud tear from my eye and wrote my Dad a letter. I thanked him and all of the others who had been so insightful, so diligent, who had worked on a shoestring budget, who had used spit and chewing gum and anything they could beg, borrow or steal, to create a foundation that had evolved into something that now allowed us to land on Mars. We - the next generation - were continuing their initial vision... to learn, to explore, to expand our knowledge base in hopes of better understanding ourselves and our universe.

Dad and the others understood that with this newfound freedom of exploration there came a great responsibility. My hope for this new 21st Century generation of visionaries is that they understand the responsibility that comes with seeking knowledge.

BE

Old 08-30-2012, 06:01 PM

Loved reading this, Brit. You sound very proud of your Dad--and rightfully so. We still miss him here.
Love,
Joanne

Old 08-31-2012, 03:50 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by patswife
Loved reading this, Brit. You sound very proud of your Dad--and rightfully so. We still miss him here.
Love,
Joanne

Appreciate your story too, Brit, believe that it is important for us to reach out into space and other planets, we must search and hope that it is a learning process for all, and possibly new friends that might helps us with our mistakes, we need to learn about what is out in the Universe without damaging the new found beauty of knowledge.

Love,
Di

Old 08-31-2012, 05:47 PM

Thank You Brit for sharing your story.
Its good to see another view, especially when it is shown from personal experience.
I only hope that our science is wise with spiritual understanding to reach for the sky but that's also a learning experience as is our life here now. Love.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:01 AM

Thumbs up

Thank you Brit for sharing your story about your experience and sharing your pride in your dad's achievements. I thought it was touching and inspiring.