: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > Encounterboard Family

Old 04-28-2012, 04:12 PM

Arrow Woman's perogative -

This question is boring. Mine was more interesting. I think you posted this question because you don’t have an answer to mine or don’t understand it and you think your question is smart. Or it has something to do with Dick Clark . . .

In anycase, the answer is easy – but complex - read up on Edward Bernays if you want to begin to understand the way media is and why it and the people who work with it affect people the way they do – or putting it your individualistic way which abdicates all responsibility for the effect of the media on people – why people react the way they do to it.. (Life is a two way – or more than two way street – so you can’t ignore the other side(s)).

Basically, your intuition – if it was that and not just some passing thought mercury in Aries is prone to having - on the Global Coherence interview when you said materialism and spirituality don’t mix was on the right path. What the dude(Harold Martin – just looked it up) said about there’s nothing wrong with having things was right but it didn’t encompass a much greater reality which your possible intuition may have - I don’t trust your ability to intuit things at the moment - deeper things –since media personalities say whattever sells the product! – whatever makes them look good - (yeah, I said it! Gasp! How rude!:eek

What we are living in now is the product of a conscious choice – to create consumers – ie create materialism. And brand/image/celebrity and now facebook and twitter area all tools used to do that. Create a shift in consciousness – and all of that did towards consumerism/materialism. WE aren’t some wonderful set of people on the verge of an expanding consciousness – people were not this materialistic before –we have all been affected – and you have been a handmaiden to materialism – and still are.

Energetically speaking.

Ps – Reactions are really something you know something about – so I assume you are speaking more from a global societal perspective – because seriously – why do people react? No, you know why – it’s something more you’re wanting to know – it has to be – or maybe I’m projecting.

PPS - Angelsong posted a link to a great video called the Century of Self about a year ago - here's the link

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-century-of-the-self/

It's a fantastic video series and helps to create a basis for understanding the energetics of media/marketing all of that - it's not what people think - and not innocent and wonderful at all -

Another good book is "The Hidden Persuaders" by Vance Packard and there are many books out about the effects of the media on human consciousness - as well as more recently - the effects of the internet on human consciousness.

Aggression is only one of the things encouraged by the use of these technologies.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 PM

Default For Shirley

The electronic media is probably the worst mode of communication for human interaction. In real life we hear the inflection in a person's voice,we witness their body language,we feel them, and we see them. None of these things are possible in human interactions online be they e-mails or facebook ,etc. Because these modes of communication present a certain degree of anonimity and it is very easy to unintentionally miscontrue what another is attempting to communicate. Our communication skills, in general, are as Vaughn so eloquently described. In short...they vary due to all kinds of factors.

Having experienced some degree of fame in my life, long ago...I would like to say that it can be very scary when complete strangers seem to expect something from you or a piece of you because they have seen you perform and feel a kind of kinship or revulsion they have created or as Vaughn said, fantacized about in certain cases.Anonimity is very safe in alot of ways to being the one sought. But, it gives noone the right to be irrationally rude,arrogant,cruel, or even overly gushing in admiration. I can remember having meals interrupted in restaurants by complete strangers who expected me to ignore my dining friends, or worse,people stopping me on the street saying all sorts of ridiculous things or scary things to me and of course, some were very gracious. I am of the belief "Judge not lest you be judged". I do feel that it would be more productive for everyone to attempt civility instead of the blatant thoughtlessness of action that alas, seems more common in today's electronic age.

Love,
Wolfdog

Old 04-29-2012, 07:40 PM

Default The Energetic Push of the Hollywood Star

Shirley, I believe that it derives from the original Hollywood star mechanism in the early days. Someone sat down and consciously decided that being a "star" was going to mean something to the common American....with DeBeers supporting the diamond look and all the PR tricks available at the time....this was an energetic push which continues today and it will inevitably cause the reverse negative reaction. How unsettling is it for people to be pelted with photo magazines at the grocery counter, the endless "news" magazines on TV in the evening....if you look at MSN.com each day the amount of news reported on whether Chaz Bono is still in a relationship compared to war, starving peoples, politically-charged events, spiritual accomplishments, is astounding. We are pelted with meaningless information that we never wanted to know about people we dont know, never will know, and it is packaged to us as a focus of a "news" program both nightly and weekly, everywhere we turn. I believe that this energetic push to artificially make it significant to us has it's price....many people either sign on to it or resent it, one or the other....and it's lack of authenticity is at its crux. That's just my quick take on it.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:48 AM

Default Staying connected

I believe that people are driven to connect to everything they can. They also want to be able disconnect whenever they want. The media makes it easier. If I don't like what I see or hear, then I can change the channel, block or delete. It makes it so safe and easy to be judgmental and feel involved, without taking a stand. Sometimes it's so much easier than being there..no reference intended. But now that I think about it...Didn't "Being There" make a major statement in the area of people in the media? I feel like it continues to be relevant today. I think that I have the need to tell the people I admire that I admire them.

Last edited by jmills : 04-30-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:52 AM

Default Fame

Well I have to agree a little bit with everyone....It is an energy that brings validation for some..that if they can have some it will somehow be the magic potion to make there lives better....I guess the truth is we are all one..and ther e is no separation..Especially now the age of Aquarius...we have to all learn to come strait from the heart, No matter who we are and were come from

Thankyou Shirley for sharing you life and your light..
with love and Gratitude....for all you do

AWxox

Old 05-01-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyMac
Hello
You all know me, my work - all types of it, and I have a questions that I would like your feedback on.

In case you didn't know I started a face book page to go with my Tweet page. Why do people have such a reaction with people who are in the press, news, media of whatever type?

Like to hear you thoughts.

Well i don't know what happened on Face book; i don't go there much.
i don't like the lack privacy in the open forum there ; nor do i
trust anything that resembles privacy in the closed forums there.

But to address your question, Shirley -

It seems to me that there are two dynamics at work here;

there are the ones with an insatiable need to draw the masses to themselves -
and the masses who are magnetically drawn to these ones.

Perhaps some aspect of reincarnation has something to do with
the dance between them.

Something remembered in each heart...

perhaps it goes on over and over again through many incarnations;
once a princess, and then a queen, a king, a president, an actor, a Chinese sage...

and in the masses... Everything! a peasant, a loyalist to the crown,
a brother, a student, a lover, a fan, a friend, a slave...

Perhaps it's that kind of something familiar in the recesses of
past-life memory that draws these two dynamics to each other;
something they remember and even maybe subconsciously
search out over and over again.
--------------------------------------------------
In the book of ages
as you turn the pages
(time and time again)
you will find them together
on the brink of being lovers
upon the Bridge of Realization;
Mediocrity and Greatness -
walking hand and hand.
Chi2006
-------------------------------------------------
i still love you dear lady,
Chi

Last edited by Chi : 05-01-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 PM

Default To Dream the Impossible Dream . . . .

Peasants were told they had to worship the monarch or religious authorities.

A lot didn't - a few even set up a new country eventually . . . .they called it the United States.

Has it all come full circle with "celebrity royalty"?

Are we saying the dream is impossible or are we clinging to old paradigms and repeating old patterns because they are familiar?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM

Default to Shirley

I admire all of You people "in the public" and how You manage to conduct Your life in front of the World watching... I could not, i know. But prahaps i wish i could?And then, i ask MY self: what is it that make me feel that way? Why would i want anybody to KNOW all about me, follow me "to the toilet"... I think Shirley, this human trait come from inner longing to recognize in an other a part of one Self-a Soul nudging us to accept all of us as ONE. But media certainly ply BIGEST part in programing masses of insecure humans-[and their insecurity is programed also?]. It all start in the beginning of our life here- education that teaches children unimportant stuff - unimportant for LIFE, but important for PROFIT. We, the people have been successfully lead to believe that MATTER matters... Well, actually, matter dos not matter more that all energy matter... matter is building blocks for The Soul ply while we are here and now, ALL matter is of same value. Like leggo blocks...
If we were/are broth up from day one with that knowledge, imagine the joy of all? But it is up to the individual to take the steps whithin, and REMEMBER Self, listen to the Heart, and thenne Live from The Heart, not from the: What THEY say, they do,etc... Our Heart KNOW.

http://www.eventtemples.com/downloads/pdf/Living_from_the_Heart_(p).pdf

Much Love and Blessings to all of You beautiful people
Lidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyMac
Hello
You all know me, my work - all types of it, and I have a questions that I would like your feedback on.

In case you didn't know I started a face book page to go with my Tweet page. Why do people have such a reaction with people who are in the press, news, media of whatever type?

Like to hear you thoughts.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:53 PM

Lidia....your words.... most profound and with much old soul wisdom from a person that obviously lives through the heart. How else would you know so much?

"The Boy's Gone" Jason Mraz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g71bHmlCop8

Old 05-03-2012, 12:37 AM

Oh Thank You Angelsong, Thank You from my Heart to You Heart... Can You feel it?