: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > Health and Stress Reduction

Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Exclamation Atten: California Residents

If you are concerned about GM foods - genetically modified foods - please read the attached article.

California is leading the way with legislation to label GM foods. (Bravo) To get it on the ballot they need signatures. This is a great opportunity to take responsibility for your health!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...20306_DNL_art_1

BE

Old 03-06-2012, 06:24 PM

Default For Brit

Thank you Brit for this important post. I will be involved. Have been careful about buying organic and wary of genetically engineered food. Was not aware of
such widespread use of these chemicals...a travesty at best. Hope others in California will sign on to get the 800,000 signatures necessary for this to be on the ballot.

How dare Montsanto call themselves among those involved in "global agricultural stewardship!" Yuck!

All best to you,
Wolfdog

Old 03-20-2012, 01:29 PM

Default I'm volunteering to collect signatures

It seems that the effort to collect signatures by mid-april is only 25% complete.

For more information:

http://www.labelgmos.org/

I will be volunteering in my neighborhood to collect signatures as much as I can until the deadline.

xo

Rick

Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 PM

Just a heads up - we still need about 300,000 of the needed 800,000 signatures in the next three weeks so please let all of your California voting friends know about this ballot initiative.

www.labelgmos.org

peace,

Rick

Old 04-24-2012, 04:27 PM

I am happy to report that the unofficial count of petition signatures will likely get the "LABEL GMO" initiative on the California ballot in November.

That means California residents will have the opportunity to vote for requiring all genetically modified food and food products to be labeled as such.

Yay!

Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 PM

Hello,

Thank you Brit, Rick and Wolfdog for the information, every time I read about this issue, wonder whom and why this was important to invent, it obviously cost a great deal of money to formulate; and who decided that it was a good idea?

Love,
Di

Bet one of these guys invented GMs:

Last edited by Cushings : 04-24-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:47 PM

Di,

Your question is important because as time goes by, we need to re-tell the story so young people "get it" and so we can continue to fight the takeover of our food supply.

Genetically modified foods have been in the US food supply since 1996. That's about half a generation in a human life. Multiple studies (and true stories from farmers) with rats, hamsters, pigs etc...continue to reveal sterility, abnormal growths of hair, lesions and higher death rates in successive generations in births.

When GM foods were introduced, NO studies were done to determine safety for the human population. The FDA simply gave them a green light because politically appointed administrators with ties to the industry had the power.

The U.S. and Canada remain the ONLY countries in the world that do not require labeling of genetically modified foods.

And now there is new research trying to come to light (Monsanto is threatening huge lawsuits to anyone willing to publish the findings) that new opportunistic soil pathogens have found favor in areas where genetically modified feed is given to animals. The pathogen kills plants and quickly sterilizes the animals. This is allegedly due to Roundup and its affects on the soil and the healthy organisms in it.

The world food supply is not in danger of running out. There is no evidence that the current gm foods have eased world hunger. There are new stories that gm foods created to resist disease are in fact becoming diseased.

So for those of us who do not want to eat a non-browning apple, a salmon that grows to full size in half the time, an egg that is supposed to prevent me from getting cancer or from tooth decay....I say NO THANKS.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:39 AM

This article is in today's NYTimes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/s...l?smid=fb-share

Happy that the battle is getting national attention. From my experience gathering signatures, I can say that most people just want to know what is in their food and believe their right to know trumps a company's desire to hide what is in food.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:50 PM

Default Say Nay

This is just downright scary!! I lost a brother-in-law 2 weeks ago, he goes for X-rays for a pulled muscle and finds out he has tumors in his back, colon, liver, and lymph nodes. They put him in a room about 5pm that afternoon and the next morning they tell him, he at the most, has 2 weeks to live. He went home a day later and nine days from the day he was x-rayed he died at home. Who does that and they still don't know what caused it. I mean he is fine and 9 days later you are dead. I feel it is something we are breathing, drinking, or Eating now. Thanks for the info it is very enlightening! We are lucky we live in a rural area and have our own garden, but what about everything else we buy at the store....

Old 05-26-2012, 08:21 PM

Smile

Thanx guys for this important update! Perhaps if this passes more states will follow and you can bet Canada is right there with you too...we've been demanding this for years ,perhaps you have given us some oomph now! Whoohoo!Why on earth should we be denied the right to know what we're consuming especially our children!