: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)



The Organic Wine Company


Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire




Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > The Media
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 09-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Polly Polly is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: A
Posts: 484
Default The Real Oldies

Loved it! Even Polly got her wheelchair bopping to the music!...a few "wheelies" in spots! Also...The Ghost Dance documentary was spectacular. Especially loved some of the paintings....Great way to spend a few minutes of my time. Thank you. Polly
Reply With Quote
 
  #22  
Old 09-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Chi's Avatar
Chi Chi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: S
Posts: 4,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
I just woke to ... "the Happ-en-ning!"


Good Day! Ha!
We were living in Japan when that song came out.
i remember my parents took me with them to the
Yokota AFB movie house, one Saturday nignt to see it.
in my Dad's old Red Rambler. Ha! i still remember
parking and getting out of the car that night.
But i can't remember the movie, just like the video
says... i just remember (even the first time i heard it)
liking the song...Too funny....
Reply With Quote
 
  #23  
Old 09-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Chi's Avatar
Chi Chi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: S
Posts: 4,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly
Loved it! Even Polly got her wheelchair bopping to the music!...a few "wheelies" in spots! Also...The Ghost Dance documentary was spectacular. Especially loved some of the paintings....Great way to spend a few minutes of my time. Thank you. Polly

Bless you, Sweet Lady! i hear it was your birhtday recently!
Happy Happy Birthday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQms...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djGo...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpUw...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SraRU5oD17c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg7y...related&search=
Reply With Quote
 
  #24  
Old 09-08-2007, 07:19 PM
ManyMansions ManyMansions is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi
Good Day! Ha!
We were living in Japan when that song came out.
i remember my parents took me with them to the
Yokota AFB movie house, one Saturday nignt to see it.
in my Dad's old Red Rambler. Ha! i still remember
parking and getting out of the car that night.
But i can't remember the movie, just like the video
says... i just remember (even the first time i heard it)
liking the song...Too funny....



thanks for the tunes!

I went to a family picnic today where I spoke with my nephews 19 year old girlfriend. I mentioned how I discovered youtube... she cut me off with, "Oh, my god... you get on that and its like getting hooked on crack!" LOL

We had some great laughs.
Reply With Quote
 
  #25  
Old 09-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Chi's Avatar
Chi Chi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: S
Posts: 4,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
thanks for the tunes!

I went to a family picnic today where I spoke with my nephews 19 year old girlfriend. I mentioned how I discovered youtube... she cut me off with, "Oh, my god... you get on that and its like getting hooked on crack!" LOL

We had some great laughs.

Too funny! Ha!
Reply With Quote
 
  #26  
Old 09-08-2007, 07:49 PM
ManyMansions ManyMansions is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly
Loved it! Even Polly got her wheelchair bopping to the music!...a few "wheelies" in spots! Also...The Ghost Dance documentary was spectacular. Especially loved some of the paintings....Great way to spend a few minutes of my time. Thank you. Polly


That Ghost Dance is pretty special. Happy 80, Polly! You don't look a day over 52!

You Make Me Feel So Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E9SKwD-QRk&mode=related&search=

&

Amazing Grace in Cherokee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu8Sn1Yz8Ys&watch_response

Reply With Quote
 
  #27  
Old 09-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Chi's Avatar
Chi Chi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: S
Posts: 4,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
That Ghost Dance is pretty special. Happy 80, Polly! You don't look a day over 52!

You Make Me Feel So Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E9SKwD-QRk&mode=related&search=

&

Amazing Grace in Cherokee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu8Sn1Yz8Ys&watch_response


Amazing Grace in Cherokee
Ha! i love it!
You know Stephen, there's quite a history
behind this song. It was written by John Newton
who's profession was in the slave trades of the 1700's,
and then one day he found God while out at sea in
a terrrible storm. What a real life metaphor, eh? Ha!
When the storm was over, he felt God's amazing
grace in the calm of the sea.
He never transported another slave. and went on later
to become a minister.

Last edited by Chi : 09-08-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
 
  #28  
Old 09-09-2007, 07:57 AM
ManyMansions ManyMansions is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi
Amazing Grace in Cherokee
Ha! i love it!
You know Stephen, there's quite a history
behind this song. It was written by John Newton
who's profession was in the slave trades of the 1700's,
and then one day he found God while out at sea in
a terrrible storm. What a real life metaphor, eh? Ha!
When the storm was over, he felt God's amazing
grace in the calm of the sea.
He never transported another slave. and went on later
to become a minister.


What a great story Chi. I never knew that. ...

Time to get up and Praise the Divine - Gospel Style!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDLN...=related&search=

turn volume up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXJp...=related&search=


((((LightWorker's Hugs))))
Reply With Quote
 
  #29  
Old 09-09-2007, 12:43 PM
ManyMansions ManyMansions is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,857
Default




I had to LOL ... here's Andy Williams singing Canadian Sunset to the SAME video as Frankie Valli's Can't take my eyse off you...

The Tune's still cool though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um6wI7TvPe8

Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkVu...=related&search=

Music To Watch The Girls Go By

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBb5...=related&search=



"The Girl From Ipanema Original US Version"...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TqL...=related&search=

Reply With Quote
 
  #30  
Old 09-09-2007, 01:12 PM
debabbott debabbott is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 6,530
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
That Ghost Dance is pretty special. Happy 80, Polly! You don't look a day over 52!

You Make Me Feel So Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E9SKwD-QRk&mode=related&search=

&

Amazing Grace in Cherokee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu8Sn1Yz8Ys&watch_response



Thank you for sharing this, was a blessing to my heart. We got a CD in Virginia Beach when we were there in Feb of 2004 called the WaleLa which has a beautiful rendition of Amazing Grace in Cherokee - Rita Coolidge, laura Satterfield and pricsilla Coolidge. Beautiful as well.

And 'ole Frankie with his, "You make me feel so young", did indeed do just that.

Thanks again.

Love, Deb
__________________
Life Is Opportunity
Imagination - the Beginning of Creation
Life is Good
Belief Becomes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:55 PM.


news . our community . membership . about shirley . shopping . broadcasts . astrology . contact
privacy policy . terms of use . our site mission
copyright © 2004 - 2014 ShirleyMacLaine.com, Inc. and MacLaine Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.