: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > free threads category > I.E. Radio

Old 11-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Default Baltho, The Dog Who Owned a Man

Hi
Tonight's IE Radio will be with Dr. Thomas Ramey Watson about his new book:
Baltho, The Dog Who Owned a Man

http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/ieradio/about/next

It should be a an uplifting end to a Thanksgiving weekend. Hope you tune in!

Sunday Nov 25
6 PM PST - 9 PM EST
BE

Old 11-25-2012, 07:07 PM

Default For Brit

Loved the show Brit! Great job! Tugged my heartstrings terribly...as I am without my last four fur people and my husband has banned me from the pound!

Didn't know Shirley's beloved Terry had crossed. So sad to learn of that.

Best to you.
Love,
Wolfdog

Old 11-25-2012, 07:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to sunni6ft

Wonderful interview and validations. Great interview. Thank you Brit and Thomas. Love my fur babies and exactly, nobody deserves to be an orphan!! My Cat Miller is my watch cat and yes he talks a lot and lets me know what is going on. My neighbor thought I was crazy when I told him he could talk, all he had to do was listen. Now, my neighbor can't believe how much Miller talks, even goes into his house when I need to leave.

Shirley, so sorry about Terry. I had no idea. (((Terry))) (((Shirley))))

Brightest Blessings,
Sunni/Jane
We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors...but they all exist very nicely in the same box. -source unknown

Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Oh my - I am so sorry if I gave the impression Terry had crossed. Terry is still around and in New Orleans with Shirley. But Terry is getting older (13) and she told Shirley that Shirley needed to find another little rat terrier for her - hence Buddy is now part of the family.

Shirley and I both think Terry will stay around longer now because Buddy is part of the family.

I do apologize if I didn't make myself clear enough.
Blessings
BE

Last edited by Brit : 11-26-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 PM

Smile Typo which changes meaning. :)

Don't you mean that Buddy is "NOW part of the family", rather than "not part of the family"?

Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Administrator

I did Altho there have been times... LOL after all he's a high energy 18 mo old male

Old 12-24-2012, 10:38 PM

This is Melchior (AKA Hattie and Baltho in earlier incarnations) at 5 weeks. He'll be coming home early January.

Remember he told me what he wants to be called and that I'd know him because he'd be an unexpected color, which he is. The breeder expected all puppies to be black and silver and black and red. The rest are.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:40 PM

I hear he's a little spitfire. As I told the breeder, I would expect him to have a strong personality.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:42 PM

Well, about an hour ago, just as a big thunderstorm was starting Melchior insisted on going outside. Reluctantly, I agreed. He peed but didn't poop. There was no way I was going to keep going when the lightning was flashing and rain was starting to pour.

Noir finally came to the door soaking wet. We all stayed inside till the storm passed.

Then both Noir and Melchior insisted on going out again, with Noir following several paces behind.

We lost Noir for a bit. Suddenly, he appeared on the neighbor's four foot high wall. Melchior ran over, raised up, and tried to paw him, knocking him off onto the other side. Melchior almost leapt over the wall after him--except that I held the leash.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:27 AM

One of my neighbors complained that I had to keep Noir in my own yard because he suddenly appeared on her upstairs deck and looked in at her partner and her cat. She even sent pics to prove it.

Those are the HOA rules, she said.

I finally wrote her this. I hope it works. It isn't as though he's out attacking them or their pets.

Have you tried talking to Noir and asking him not to visit your house? He's very smart and intuitive. I know that as an old soul, he understands a lot. I've been talking to him about it because several neighbors have pointed out that our what-used-to-be bad squirrel problems have disappeared because of his patrols. Maybe a year before Noir arrived, [name] had squirrels invade their attic and ruin their wiring and insulation, costing lots of money to repair. Frank was telling me that he and his wife watch Noir running around my roof chasing the squirrels off. I know he does that elsewhere. And he also keeps them from destroying my fruit and vegetables as they used to. I heard that he no longer hangs out at [name]'s as he did for awhile when their cats interested him.

Channel 9 News Storytellers is interested in doing a story about me and the incarnations of Baltho and Figgy, who, as I've mentioned, are now Melchior and Noir.

Btw, please put in a word in support of Storytellers doing a segment on this. They're dragging their heels after expressing interest. https://www.facebook.com/9NEWSstorytellers