View Single Post

Old 07-03-2014, 04:13 PM

Default going a drug run

Well as consumers we consume and after awhile there ain't none left meaning weed.
"Shit JIm we are out of the holy stuff."I whispered to him as lay in our bunks.
Its five in afternoon on I don't know what day.Because we worked seven days a week.Charlie don't take the weekends off co would say."Well he should,must be in the rules somewhere.Under we don't torture just kill you Monday through Friday and if make it by 5 oclock you have weekends off."
"Hell Harmon if wars were like that everyone would want to join, might even be fun.We never try to have fun in wars.Right Harmon."
"Never have fun sir and that is an order."
"Yes it is.Dismissed."
OF course he didn't know about the captains weed habit and me as well.
Even the captain was running low,so Jim and I just get into a cheap by the motor pool,where for a bag a month Jim gets the use of a jeep.
SO we go to front gate and now remember we are so close to the north you can smell cooking sometimes.Outside the gate is dense jungle and dirt road.
I go "damn Jim this is dangerous,"looking around in the trees for vc with my forty five in my hand.
"Damn straight it is,honestly I think the vc sale it to us for money to buy food and medical supplies from the locals.Its kind like our version of the paris peace talks."He laughted.
There was a clearing a about ten building some concrete in row like it might been a rubber plantation one time.Others made of trees palm leaves for the roof.
we stop in front of this building and go inside.Some Viet Namese writing I couldn't read above the door.Inside it looks like a 7/11 American beer and cans of c-rations.Tons of americdan cigarettes cartons as almost every viet namese smokes.
A woman stands behind a counter in her 50s in black pajamas."Jim you son of bitch you come for more weed.Price go up you know vc messing crop."
"Hell mama san you said last month.THose guys gota have a heart don't want us sober do they.We are easy to kill that way."He smiled
"They say weed give you balls make war last longer."
"Okay how much this time."
I looked around and room was full of goods and about five men sitting around play cards in the corner.
"What about those guys in the corner," I whisper to jim.
"Maybe who knows but mama san going get her money so don't worry otherwise we'd be dead by now.
"Fifty dollars for ten."she said.
"Are you kidding me.THats double last times price."
"Sixty for ten cause you shame mama san.No pay no leave alive."
"Jesus Christ you pulling I'll kill you bull shit.You know we are packing."He leaned forward with hand on his forty five smiling.
The men stopped playing cards and turned around looking at us as I looked at them and then back to mama san.
She started laughting"Have boy pretty scared don't we ha ha."
Jim said."I knew was a joke but he didn't haha .
"Here you go jimmy and out came ten bags of weed about gallon plastic bag size and Jim handed over the money.
Outside we got into the jeep started back to the base.But I could hear guns going off in the distance.As fire fight was happening.
I looked at Jim."This time its real baby ,"and he hit pedal to the floor.People were running for cover as they didn't know if it would come there way either.
Back at the base I go "JIm is it always hairy like that.'
"That's the bad part about doing this gota buy out there cause they check all the viet namese workers coming on base for weapons or drugs.