View Single Post

Old 05-08-2014, 10:23 AM

Default Week 1

Yesterday began week one of the 6 week past life regression online course with ARE. The format is very interactive. There is a message board very similar to this one, but it is specifically for those who signed up for the course. Many people including myself have introduced ourselves. Everyone seems very intelligent, varied backgrounds, and eager to learn and participate. The moderator/mentor/teacher, Nancy Eubel, is very attentive so far and responds to pretty much every post.

Each week has suggested readings and guided practices that you can complete at your own pace. Yesterday for the first time, I practiced a 20 minute meditation/self hypnosis meant to gently help you learn to get into hypnosis and encounter your Higher Self and Teacher/Guide.

Shirley, in this first week, Nancy also recommends that students explore and research projects that your friend, Kevin Ryerson, is working on at the IISIS: http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page...on-Semkiw-Intro .

I do have a very interesting synchronistic moment to report upon practicing the first meditation/hypnosis on creating your safe space for the first time last night, and it involves the key phrase Nancy uses to signal dropping deep into meditation/hypnosis, which is "blue moon." For probably the last year or so, I have routinely entered into my morning meditations (Zen/Tonglen) with an audio recording that I took while two friends of mine and myself were watching the sunrise over the Tennessee Smoky Mountains from our cabin. As we watched, the birds were twittering, one friend played her crystal bowls, and my other friend quietly drank his coffee as he related a story about his family sharing a similar cabin and he thought it was called "Blue Moon." My other friend repeated the word, "blue moon." Now, there is no cabin in this cluster of cabins called, "Blue Moon." He had the name wrong . . . but now I think he had it right! I just find it very interesting that my key phrase for meditation for the last year or so has been "blue moon" and here it is again. This space of Tennessee in the Smoky Mountains is also special to me and the group of three friends--it is where we all went to graduate school together, and it is where we all knew the Friend I have previously mentioned who suddenly died 3 years ago and quickened my spiritual development. (She is my greatest Teacher so far.)

Just had to report this amazing synchronicity, and I definitely know that someone is speaking to me through it and telling me I'm on the right path.

Other than that, on this first practice, I did not see any images; only relaxed dark space. I did see a peripheral flash of light when Nancy invited us to invite our Higher Self into the space, and when I asked its name, several male names flashed through my mind so rapidly that I do not recall them, and then the name Joshua appeared. Why Joshua, I have no idea. I've nobody in my life named that. I have no idea where that came from and have no explanation for it. Completely out of the "blue moon"!

Namaste from the Midwest,
steph