View Single Post

Old 03-25-2014, 02:49 PM

Default Off to walk The Camino

Dear Ones,

I joined this site back in 2000. One year later, a stranger gave me Shirley's book, The Camino which I read from cover to cover overnight. I promised myself then that when time and resources were in alignment that I would go - no questions or hesitations. That time is now.

I will arrive in St Jean Pied de Port in time to begin on Palm Sunday, April 13th. I will be on the road for Easter, St James' Feast and perhaps I will arrive in Santiago in time to see the botafumerio by May 23rd. However, I know nothing about what will happen on the journey or when I will complete the walk. There will be no modern sense of time or schedule for me. I don't know where I will call home when I am done - I do not even have a return ticket yet.

I am carrying a handful of sacred items given to me by close friends and family. All are energetic, some are physical in form. My intention is to ritualize and honor "we are all one" by bringing these with me - to release when Spirit tells me as I go.

So the mystery is in motion along with my prayer. I ask for your prayers in this community as well to support me in what I will encounter.

Deepest love and gratitude,

Rick

Rick
http://rickborutta.com

"Sometimes you think you've lived before, all that you live today. Things do come back to you as though they knew the way. Oh, the tricks your mind can play." - Lorenz Hart