View Single Post

Old 01-06-2014, 02:05 PM

Default 3

The gospel’s version of Jesus spending forty days in the wilderness, where he refused to be tempted by the devil, is a dreadful elaboration of the short note in my journal: Jesus liked to spend time in solitude with Nature, where he could talk with God or muse without distraction and, like the others who knew him well, I honored that by keeping my distance.

What became known as “sermon on the mount” was someone’s compilation of my copious notes at numerous small gatherings where Jesus would speak, people would ask questions and he would answer—there was a lot of interaction early on. But as word of his teachings spread and crowds grew, people listened without interrupting and he spoke about many of the things that became the “sermon.” I didn’t call it that. Jesus wasn’t a preacher, he was a teacher who was passionate about sharing his knowledge. He knew it was what he was meant to do, and that was the great difference between him and everyone else—his conscious mind always was connected with his soul and he lived accordingly.

The sermon does preserve much of his wisdom and enlightenment and of course I’m gratified about that, but it doesn’t include some of his important teachings noted in my journal, like the purpose of multiple lifetimes; inseparability of all souls; God is everything that exists in the world—all people, animals, plants, the waters, air and earth are parts of Him and sacred to Him. Jesus didn’t make any notes about his teachings and he was glad that I did.

But anything in my journals that might undermine the corrupt leaders’ authority was left out of St. Matthew and most of what is in that gospel didn’t come from my records. I never heard Jesus say that anyone “…shall be in danger of hell fire” or “…whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.” He talked about how godly thoughts and deeds benefit lives, not “shameful” behavior—that would have been judging and contrary to what he did tell people,“Judge not, that ye be not judged.” I never heard him talk about sins being forgiven—he said “sin” was an error in values or deeds and he told listeners many times over the importance of their forgiving others. He wouldn’t have said,“Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword”—that was in conflict with all of his teachings.

The “parables” sound as if Jesus was speaking in anger—never during the many times I was present at gatherings, large or small, did he do that. And, unlike the parables, he spoke forthrightly and clearly so listeners would understand—he wanted to enlighten, not perplex. It is fortunate—or more likely, unawareness of what he meant—that those who so drastically changed my notes left in“Ye are the light of the world,” “Let your light shine…” and many of his other references to light.

Mentioning all the disparities between my records and St. Matthew would require my comments throughout that gospel, but the most critical additions are the “last supper” and Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection. It’s possible that the supper may have derived from my notes about one of the rare times that Jesus and all twelve of us were in the same place and we had a splendid celebration dinner. It was after he and Mary Magdalene had married and she was there too, but it was many months before the crucifixion is claimed to have happened. Jesus didn’t perform the service that became known as “holy communion” or say: “Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me,” and everything from that point on in St. Matthew also is fabricated falsehood.

Months later I recorded what I overheard two men discussing near the temple: The Sanhedrin thought that crucifying Jesus would make him a martyr and give impetus to his teachings, so they decided to have him flogged and ordered out of the country—that would discredit him in the eyes of the people and they soon would forget him.

When I told Jesus, he said he couldn’t avoid being beaten and banished—as I noted in my journal, I sensed he felt it was important to let that happen. It did, and shortly afterwards, he and Mary Magdalene left for the Far East, where he knew they would be welcomed. In several of our early talks he had told me about his younger years there, where he learned from the masters how to perform what the Bible calls “miracles,” but as Jesus told the multitudes, everything he could do, they could, too.

Through the years we kept in touch with occasional letters and when one came from him, I tucked it into my journal—by then there were dozens. Finding new students required my moving from time to time, which offered ample opportunity to meet people who heard I knew Jesus and wanted to hear about his teachings. Now and then I saw Luke, who sometimes had news about one or another of the other “disciples,” but our common link was Jesus, and after he left, it was natural that we all would continue along our separate ways.

After my death in old age, the innkeeper sold the chest in which I kept my journals. Eventually they fell into the hands of someone in government and, before being burned, led to the Gospel According to St. Matthew.

In no way what I have told you diminishes one iota the power of Jesus or his accurate teachings! The truth of his life—he had a wife and children, and he had desires, ideas, hopes, friends, opposition, disappointments, heartaches and joyful times like other people—far more honors his teachings than religion’s false claim that he was the “only son of God.”

Nor does anything I have said mean that people who believe the Bible is God’s word are diminished in goodness of heart—they only are misinformed. Every soul has its own journey into the light of truth and there is no time limit—the life of the soul is eternal. If persons you love dearly aren’t on the same pathway as you, confidently continue on yours and respect their divine right to choose theirs.

And now, beloved Earth family, I speak again for all of us at this station. In every moment, we are alongside you in spirit and unconditional love.

LOVE and PEACE

Suzanne Ward
Email: suzy@matthewbooks.com