View Single Post

Old 12-27-2013, 08:13 AM

A bit of synchronicity to report from my morning commute into the office today . . .

I was listening to a Tara Brach podcast (dharma talk entitled "The Sure Heart's Release"), and she mentioned an essay written by Natalie Goldberg (with whom I am unfamiliar).

In the essay, Goldberg narrates an interaction during a visit by her parents to her home in Santa Fe (synchronicity #1). During the visit, she was sitting with her parents staring at a high adobe wall, and her father, named Buddy (synchronicity #2), asked her what the big deal was with meditation. Goldberg decided to try a 10 minute meditation with both of her parents at that moment--mother on one side; father on the other.

During the meditation, Goldberg says she felt "spacious, luscious, forever" just sitting breathing with two other human beings--inhaling and exhaling. She says that this breathing "felt like heaven."

To me, that "felt like heaven" description of sitting and breathing with others was an extension of the conversation here--intimacy, love, god, heaven. (synchronicity #3).

Namaste from the Midwest,
Stephanie