View Single Post

Old 09-30-2013, 07:53 AM

Brit, Thank you so much for this interview. What a beautiful, meaningful conversation. I loved it!

I actually listened to it on the commute into the office this Monday morning and made note of a few phrases that were used during the conversation that I just love and will be thinking about for some time now:

• "Turning toward a longing to know."
  • "Aging is spirituality in the fast lane."
  • "We need to laugh with more power."
As I was listening, also, I noticed that the car in front of me for quite some time had a bumper sticker which read, "Outrageous older women!" It made me "laugh with power!" And a few moments later on the commute, an 18-wheeler emblazoned with its company "McLane" traveled with me a while as well. Isn't that beautiful synchronicity?

I, as one in my thirties (the twilight of my 30's, albeit), have always surrounded myself with friends at least 20-30 years older than me. I can hold my good friends in the palm of one hand (i.e., I've very few in number), and they are--with the exception of one--all in their 60s. All of them--including my best friend. I think some of this penchant of mine to have a circle of older friends is that I've always been wildly attracted to wisdom. I wonder why they want some 30-something year old hanging around them?! ;-)

Finally, is age merely chronological and/or tied to this particular incarnation? I've always felt much "older" than 20 something or 30 something and feel I'm finally catching up with myself as I enter the 40s and 50s and 60s.

Thanks again, BE, for a great interview and conversation! Great way to start my Monday and work week.

Namaste from the Midwest,
Steph

P.S. Brit, love the initials, "BE." To BE? or not to BE? That is the question. And may we all let it BE....