Thread: Vegetarians
View Single Post

Old 09-26-2013, 02:15 PM

Hi Brit and All!

Thanks for the very thoughtful reply. Yes, I eat quinoa quite often as a protein boost. Do you know much about the tofu industry? Should I avoid it? Or if you have any book recommendations on the topic, please let me know!

I think I'll cease my life as a vegetarian once I move out of this crazy metropolis and live more rurally. For example, I'd feel much better about eating an animal if I, myself, hunted it. Does that sound strange? It's like thanking the tomato garden for their loyal giving all season before commencing the dicing for the last bruschetta bash (and giving thanks or a blessing before beginning to cook or eat a meal, yes?). You are right. It is a complete transference of energy--be it animal or plant. Clive Baxter would agree, too, no?

One of my great delights is cooking for others after thanking the food and cooking with love and with a smile on my face and then seeing the food really positively affect those receiving it--more than it would had I cooked it in a bad mood or without thanks.

Now...it's been a long day at a hearing, and I thank these grains and these olives that made this martini! Bless them . . . very very much!

Namaste from the Midwest,
Stephanie