View Single Post

Old 08-27-2013, 08:09 AM

Default Questions and Observations

Hello All!
I apologize for this long list of questions and observations, but I simply cannot help it while reading this book. Since nobody I know around me in my life here in the Midwest is reading this book, I am hoping one of you here are familiar with this work (Sandra? Others?) and would like to engage in a conversation:

Chapter 8, “Kingship of Heaven”

• What version of the Bible is he using? (p. 252). I believe he mentions it somewhere, but I cannot find the citation now. Is it the same version everytime? I am certainly not familiar with any type of translation like this.

• Is he skipping around Chapter/Verse?

• Sitchen states, “Is there life as we know it anywhere besides the planet Earth? Scientists now know that there are innumerable galaxies like ours . . . offering billions of chances of Life?” (p. 253). Question: why “life” with a lowercase at the beginning and then “Life” (capitalized)? What does he mean by "Life" with a capital "L"?

• Sitchin states, “Why is there only one genetic code for all terrestrial life? If life started in a primeval “soup,” as most biologists believe, organisms with a variety of genetic codes should have developed.” (p. 256). Anyone care to discuss? Or, anyone have a biology background? I believe I've heard SM proffer this question many times. Not sure if she's ever gotten an answer.

• Sitchin questions, “Why does the element molybdenum play a key role in enzymatic reactions that are essential to life, when molybdenum is a very rare element? Why are elements that are more abundant on Earth, such as chromium or nickel, so unimportant in biochemical reactions?” (p. 256). Again, this is a question I've heard SM ponder and, again, not sure if she's gotten a reasonable answer. Can anyone here shed some light on this very intriguing question that, like the previous questions, seems to suggest life on this planet has ET origins.

Chapter 9, “Landing on Planet Earth”

• Early in the chapter, Sitchin observes, “Scholars have been unable to understand a statement by Gudea, king of Lagash, that ‘the celestial 7 is 50.’ . . . Gudea stated that the celestial body that is ‘seven’ stands for the god that is ‘fifty.’ The god Enlil, whose rank number was fifty, had as his celestial counterpart the planet seventh.” (pp. 259-60).

Questions: (1) Who is Gudea? Did I miss this? And, (2) Why does Enlil rank as the number fifty? I think I missed something there.

Observations: (1) Very interesting, however, that the planets would be counted from the outermost planet—Pluto—inwards, which makes Earth the 7th planet. As Sitchin notes, how would Sumerians know of the outermost planets without a little . . . guidance, shall we say? (2) I note that 50 + 7 = 57 and 5 + 7 = 12 and 1 + 2 = 3 (Earth is the 3rd planet (not counting the moon—depending on its orbit) from the Sun. Not sure if Sitchin will mention that; just my own observations.

Would love to hear from you guys. Better yet, anyone want to join me in reading the book and discuss here?! I've got about 100 pages to go or so.

Love and light from the Midwest,
stephanie