View Single Post

Old 08-11-2013, 08:50 AM

Default VitaMix and Mason jars

Good morning, Sandra! I know you said you were looking for a small blender, but if you want the "champion" of blenders (and/or if you are interested in raw foods diet), then I would recommend the VitaMix. I've considered purchasing one many many times; however, it is quite the fiscal commitment.

I still have the standard Hamilton-Beech blender from my graduate school days. That says a lot for its longevity, but its performance has faded over the years. You may be interested to know, however, that you can outfit your standard blender (like a Hamilton-Beech) with ordinary Mason or Ball canning jars and blend away! I'm attaching a photo of mine with an empty Tennessee moonshine (Popcorn Sutton's 'shine) jar that fits snug-as-a-bug. To the right in the photo is a Mason jar that also fits onto the base of the blender.

Let us know what you decide!
Namaste from the Midwest,
stephanie
Attached Images