What will you do with all of that seasonal summer zucchini growing in your garden? Is it growing out of your . . . ears? . . . Are you having nightmares? . . . Seriously . . . you cannot make THAT much zucchini bread! Stop the insanity! . . . Try this delicious VEGAN pasta dish from Vegan Italiano
that I made this evening and cannot stop eating even as I type this (I am a very talented mutli-tasker!):
Farfalle with Zucchini, Mint & Almonds
- 2 medium zucchini (about 6 ozs each) cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint or basil (i used a combo from garden)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds (i used pine nuts)
- 2 large cloves of garlic peeled (okay, i used 3)
- 1 tsp coarse salt ground pepper (i used a fresh Thai chili)
- 1 lb farfalle cooked al dente and drained (get the organic, gluten free kind!)
**I added the kernels of a recently grilled corn cob leftover in fridge and diced up two garden Roma tomatoes as well
Place the zucchini in a medium saucepan with salted water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
Place the mint/basil, oil, almonds (or pine nuts), garlic, salt, and pepper (or Thai chili) in a food processor fitted with the knife blade; process until smooth. Add about 3/4 of the drained zucchini and process until pureed but still slightly chunky.
Place the hot cooked pasta in a large bowl and add the zucchini puree and remaining zucchini (this is where I also tossed in the corn and tomatoes, which creates more of a primavera feel); toss well to thoroughly combine.
Serve warm or at room temp. Makes 5-6 main dishes or 8 pasta-course servings.
Enjoy and Namaste from the Midwest,