Thread: Your Top Five
View Single Post

Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 PM

Default Your Top Five

Alright everyone . . . It's time for that proverbial question . . . If you were about to be abducted and your new traveling companions asked you to bring your top five movies with you--perhaps not only your favorite movies, but those that also would help them learn about our crazy species--which would you chose and why?

I will start with my top two . . . can't reveal the whole list yet . . .:

1. The Seventh Seal by Ingmar Bergman: For some reason when I was in graduate school, I got a tattoo of a scene in this movie on my arm--the one where Death is leading a troupe of recently departed spirits across the horizon. They are holding hands and dancing; they are no more less alive than anyone else! And now that my explorations into the meaning of life, life beyond this one, yoga, Buddhism, connection to nature, meditation, etc. have grown as I've aged, I see the deeper meaning of having chosen this image at such a young age.

2. Annie Hall by Woody Allen: This is just such a work of art, how could you not take it with you? The filming technique is exquisite and it perfectly captures the modern neurotic American.

. . . anyone want to play? What are your top 5? . . . or at least top 2 to get the ball rolling here . . . I know it's so hard to chose! . . .

Namaste from the Midwest,
Steph