Thread: The Camino
View Single Post

Old 05-23-2013, 06:05 AM

Default Vanilla?

Well, perhaps we should explore another line or two from The Camino. I've got a question that I bet a lot of you know more about than I, so I am curious to get your feedback and insight. And the topic is vanilla:

---

"I tossed and turned in my sleeping bag (which wasn't easy), and when I woke, I felt a kind of protective presence. It was accompanied by the smell of vanilla. I looked around to see if someone was applying perfume. No. This was not the place. People were dressing and sleepily muttering among themselves. The sweet vanilla scent grew stronger. It was Ariel!" (p. 166)(emphasis added).

"We embraced. I felt tears threaten, so I turned and walked away into the hills. As soon as I said good-bye, Ariel returned. The smell of vanilla was all around me." (p. 176)(emphasis added).

---

Alright everyone. I've no creative interpretations (at the moment) for the vanilla-Ariel connection. Insights anyone? I've seen from the EBoard that many of you are very much well versed in angels and their qualities, etc. Can't wait to hear from you!

Namaste from the springy/almost summery Midwest,
steph