Thread: The Camino
View Single Post

Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 AM

Default The Camino

Friends . . . as with Out on a Limb . . . I am about to make some of you quite jealous . . . I just finished reading The Camino for the first time! And I finished it while sitting gazing at the Bellagio fountains in the heart of Las Vegas. I am not sure--yet--if that is entirely ironic or wholly appropriate! What do you think?

I've underlined so much in this book that I am not quite sure where to begin. Perhaps first with a sincere thank you to the author for not stopping with Chapter 14. Thank you for continuing to write your experiences after "debat[ing] with [your]self whether to include the ensuing events in the telling of [your] Camino tale." (p. 187).

And when you ask,"[f]orgive the depth of my decision to continue if you find it threatening," (p. 223) . . . no forgiveness required. Thank you for bravely continuing.

Now . . . Friends . . . let's start discussing this book . . . anyone have a favorite section or shall I throw a few out there for contemplation?

Namaste from the sultry Las Vegas strip,
steph