View Single Post

Old 04-25-2013, 01:04 PM

Arrow HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHIRLEY! - April 24, 2013 - Part 2 of 4

04-24-2004, 02:15 AM

DanBaker

Re: Send birthday wishes to Shirley
April 24, 2004

DEAREST SHIRLEY,

Your friend Brit came up with this neat idea of putting together a Birthday Tribute Scrapbook for you. She asked us to briefly write about what you, and your site, mean to us!

Well.. Asking me to be brief when expressing the contents of my heart would be like asking you to eliminate every other chapter in your latest book ("Out On A Leash"). It would be short and pithy and still quite readable, but the heart and soul of it would be seriously compromised.

***** What do you, Shirley MacLaine, mean to me? *****

This is what I wrote in my first post on your brand new web site three and a half years ago…

---------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Messages to Shirley
Posted by: DanBaker
Posted on: Tuesday, October 24th 2000 at 12:28 am
Thread info: 2 Replies, 5 Items in Thread

After carefully studying the listed TOPICS available on the Encounter Board, I could not find a place to post a message to Shirley.

Angels & Spirits?

Well, she IS a bit of an angel for sharing her enormous
talents and adventures with us.

UFOs & Extraterrestrials?

I think Shirley MacLaine IS absolutely out-of-this-world fantastic!

Aging?

(Just kidding, Shirl!).

No, I just couldn't find a special place where we can post tributes to this remarkable and wonderful woman. So I am starting one here!

Shirley, of all the famous people I can think of on Earth, you are one of those whom I admire the most. I am in absolute AWE of you!

From your incomparable and unsurpassed talent as an actress, a singer, a dancer, and an author, to your spiritual depth and the tremendous bravery it took to share your personal growth with the World, I respect, admire, and love you.

I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, and in deepest sincerity, for all your wonderful gifts that you have shared with us all.

God bless you, Dear Shirley!

With Love, Your Brother in Spirit, Dan. 10-23-00.

Entire Thread
Subject Poster Date
• Messages to Shirley DanBaker Tue Oct 24 2000 00:28
• Re: Messages to Shirley realtor Fri Oct 27 2000 01:49
• Re: Messages to Shirley DanBaker Tue Nov 28 2000 23:39
• Re: Messages to Shirley Druid Thu Nov 30 2000 21:04
• Re: Messages to Shirley Shirley MacLaine Mon Dec 11 2000 22:47

Three and a half years later, my feelings remain basically the same, only more so.

I always knew who Shirley MacLaine the actress was, but I never followed your work in that profession until I became aware of your interest in Spirit. Something "clicked" within me, and from that moment on, I became interested in learning more about your work as an entertainer.

Over three years later, I've still only managed to see about half of your films and a couple of your specials I bought at auction. I'm so busy, I have CDs and VTs still unopened!

But what I've seen so far has impressed me enormously. I cannot believe the scope and the breadth and the multi-faceted layers of your incomparable talent!

How did I manage to miss so much cinema MAGIC over the years?

Shirley, I cannot honestly think of ANY other film artist who comes even CLOSE to the talent you possess before the cameras. And, after studying "Bruno" (later renamed "The Dress Code") several times, as one would study any great work of art, I find your vision and skill as a director both considerable and exciting. I can't wait to see future films directed by you!

At the same time I was buying your films, I was also exploring your work as an author. I now own EVERY hard cover book you wrote (many first editions and some signed), except for "Out On A Leash" which has not arrived yet.

When that one arrives, I will have all ten of your books:

1. "Don't Fall Off The Mountain" (1970)
2. "You Can Get There From Here" (1975)
3. "Out On A Limb" (1983)
4. "Dancing In The Light" (1985)
5. "It's All In The Playing" (1987)
6. "Going Within" (1989)
7. "Dance While You Can" (1991)
8. "My Lucky Stars" (1995)
9. "The Camino" (2000)
10. "Out On A Leash" (2003)

I discovered that one cannot get to know YOU by watching your films. You are such an incredibly gifted actress, that all one sees is the CHARACTER you portray in each and every film. You give each character a life all their own.

But if one studies your BOOKS, it is there that the wondrous Spirit known to the World as Shirley MacLaine introduces herself, shares both heart and soul, astonishes us with her global adventures, charms us with her wit and wisdom, endears herself to us with her unabridged honesty, amazes us with her spiritual growth and ever-deepening knowledge, and indelibly and eternally imprints herself within our minds and hearts.

TEN books in the short span of just 33 years! All autobiographical. All very well written, enormously interesting, and permeated with the good and loving Spirit that is YOU.

With each new installment of your life that you shared with us, the World came to know you a little bit more. After ten books, I think we know you quite well! And, Shirley.. To KNOW you is to LOVE you!

As you learned more about Spirit, you courageously shared your newly acquired knowledge and understanding with others. You generously and unselfishly shared yourself with the World in every way you could: Books, seminars, interviews, world travel, and personal service with others who were trying to promote peace and love and make the world a better place for all.

Even when on stage doing your fabulous shows, you always found a way to include a song, a story, a parable, a personal thought, promoting unconditional love, peaceful coexistence, and acceptance for others no matter what their personal truth may be.

And then, in 2000, you launched ShirleyMacLaine.com, not as a commercial venture, but out of the goodness of your heart; as yet another way to share with the World the enormous gifts of Spirit that live within you. As a result of your considerable hard work, personal expense, and unlimited vision, yet another beautiful expression of your limitless love was freely given to the World.

"Sharing, compassion and knowledge is the reason for this site", you said in your Encounter Board post of 8-30-03. All three are qualities that you possess in abundance!

***** What does ShirleyMacLaine.com mean to me? *****

Your web site has allowed me to "come out of the closet" with regard to the deeply held spiritual beliefs I've had all my life. YOUR truth, as it turns out, is identical to MY truth.

I, too, speak the language of Spirit, and I speak it fluently. My understanding of Spirit, of eternity, of "space and time", of life throughout the Universe and in other dimensions, and of unconditional love, is on par with your own. But, until YOU inspired me with your courage in speaking publicly about these things, I remained mostly silent. Very few knew the heart and soul of me.

But now, because of the wonderful forum for expression you provided us with on ShirleyMacLaine.com, I have been able to open up and share the content of my heart at last. I'm among my own kind here. I'm both at ease and at home here.

In participating in this online community that you provided, I realized that I have made great personal progress in this incarnation. Until I spoke openly about my feelings for a very special woman ("Ruby")--feelings that may or may not be returned one day--I did not realize just how far I had evolved spiritually in this incarnation.

Shirley, through your web site, I realized that I have truly mastered Unconditional Love this time around. I have finally nailed it!

The following excerpts will illustrate what I discovered about myself, thanks to YOU and your web site…

(Continued in Part 3 of 4)...
excitement, enlightenment, enjoyment,
success, satisfaction, security,
peace,
protection, prosperity,
love, light and laughter.
May God bless us each and every one! Amen!