Thread: Out on a Limb
View Single Post

Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 AM

Default The Secret Lives of Plants and . . . a new topic to discuss

Well . . . this thread may be ready to move on to a new topic from Out on a Limb, but apparently the universe has decided that I am not. Today on the commute into the office, I "randomly" (yeah, right!) selected an Independent Expression Radio interview between Shirley and Cleve Backster. Whoa! Biocommunications of plants, plants being able to clearly sense *thoughts* of others, plants being able to distinguish between intention and pretense (I could really use that in my line of work! Perhaps I'll bring a plant to my next hearing!), and . . . Peter Tomkins' The Secret Life of Plants (referenced above in the original passage from Out on a Limb that I first underlined)! Okay, okay! I hear you, universe! I suppose the next step in following this journey is for me to rustle up a copy of Tomkins' book, eh?

Well . . . how 'bout we tackle another sentence that I underlined in Out on a Limb . . . much later in the book:

---

"Well, life is like hot sauce. As soon as you start enjoying it, it makes you cry."

----

Any thoughts/experiences you want to share on that little gem of wisdom?

namaste from the slowly drying yet still soggy Midwest,
steph