View Single Post

Old 04-11-2013, 07:41 PM

Smile

Speakin' of Sean bustin' out all over....my son, who was skin and bones a year ago is now a strapping 6'3", 200 lbs with chest and arms bulging muscles from his workouts. I am totally amazed...and he is feeling so good.

He had an appointment with his Baker Prosthetic's this week where they measured and gave him a shrinker for his amp leg in prep for his prosthetic.
They said they are waiting for the charity to release funds but showed him the "starter leg" that he will be receiving. Sean said it was amazing all the pivotal points in the knee, ankle and toes. He is really excited and looking forward to trying it out.

So, now we need to send energies to the Charity to release the funds so that we can proceed.

Also, I just got approved for putting in a wheelchair ramp at our apartment so Sean can be able to come visit in his wheelchair. Now, I have to do research as to what kind and who can install and get it done. As well, I got Sean approved for MITS (Mobility Impaired Transportation Service) which can transport him from the facility to our apartment for a visit and then come pick him up to return him to the facility.

So, we have a lot to look forward to - home visits until he is ready to come home permanantly. All in all everything is going very well. And it is so great to have him just 2 minutes away from home. I could walk him home if there was access under the interstate for a wheelchair, but alas there is not. So, we will just use MITS.

Sean asked me, as he does everyday, "How was your day?" And, as always, I said, "Great!" He said, "You always have a great day, don't you?" I said, "Yes, I do. I don't have bad days, I may have bad moments, but I quickly change that because I don't like how it feels." He said, "You choose, don't you?" I said, "Yes, I choose, I choose to have a great day." He said, "I am so glad you choose."

Today my boss, Carroll, said to me, "You are so good to me." I said, "You are so good to me, too." She said, "I love you." I said, "I love you, too!"

Did I have a great day? Ahhhh, yes, I most certainly did...I am so very blessed!

Love,
Deb
Belief Becomes