View Single Post

Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Default Fukushima update

This letter was sent to me today. Thought you might like to know what is happening in Japan:

Dear Brit:

I am back in New York after several weeks in Japan, meeting with the leaders of many political parties to discuss the two urgent issues I see regarding Fukushima: appropriate medical attention for children, one million of whom are likely to develop thyroid cancer in the next five to ten years, and the establishment of an independent assessment team who can properly evaluate the site. Many politicians were unaware of the situation; but their responses varied. A national election is now scheduled for December 16, and I imagine many politicians will be too focused there to concentrate appropriately on Fukushima. I share some stories of my meetings to show Japanese they have a choice in the upcoming election. Will they vote for those who understand the situation and are willing to find a solution for the country’s children? What other options does Japan have?

Yours truly,

Akio

Here is the link to Akio's 'stories'.
http://akiomatsumura.com/2012/11/906.html
It's worth reading. If you aren't in Japan you don't know all that is (or is not) happening. Just thought I would share.
BE