View Single Post

Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 PM

I recently graduated from college and have been having some difficulty in transitioning onto the next chapter of my life. Two Sundays ago, I was sick and tired of feeling trapped in my house and having nowhere to go, so I decided to head to a local park near my house by myself.

This was a wonderful idea. I sat on a bench and wrote in my journal for a little bit. I then walked around the different paths in and around the forest. I was surrounded by trees and about 100 feet to my right was a magnificent pond. Between the fall foliage, the reflection of the sun along the pond and the distant laughter and screams of children playing--I finally felt at ease. Nonetheless, I went returned and repeated my new meditation last Sunday.

I just used this as an opportunity to gather my thoughts. Why am I having so much difficulty in transitioning from college into the real world? Why have I become extremely nostalgic? How can I make my life better back home now that everyone else I used to be close with has since relocated? Why has nothing panned out despite my tenacity and persistence?

It then dawned on me that nature and I were truly in sync. I thought of all my thoughts and memories as the leaves that were changing color and falling. Before I feel like I am finally heading in the right direction in my life, I have to be able to let go of everything, especially the belief that I am in absolute control of everything. When I am able to do this, things will begin to fall in place. Fresh and new. Things will begin to make sense again and I will know I am finally moving forward.
Attached Images