View Single Post

Old 09-27-2012, 08:22 PM

Jade74,

I am enjoying your dream descriptions as well as your query about how to handle so much information. I highly recommend the book "Dream Work" by Jeremy Taylor. He is a recognized expert in the field.

Some people work on their dreams with a group. Others have a good friend they can "project" with. By doing so, the friend helps work on the dream with you.

My personal experience with years of dream journaling is that my psyche offers more detail knowing I am paying attention. This is a good "problem" to have. I don't write all of my dreams down but keep a recorder by my bed so I can talk about bits of them in the middle of the night. My ipod sometimes randomly chooses dream recordings for me to listen to and they always have some meaning at that particular time. Dreams can always be returned to and worked with, according to Robert A. Johnson. Their world doesn't age the way ours does.

One suggestion for you in terms of picking a focus is for you to use active imagination during the day to return to a dream as if you are a visitor. Then, acting like a visitor, you may ask your host questions about what he/she wants you to know at that moment. Go as deep with that path as you choose.

Feel free to email me at rick@rickborutta.com if you have any further personal questions, or leave your comments here. I'll be happy to answer what I am able.

Love,

Rick

Rick
http://rickborutta.com

"Sometimes you think you've lived before, all that you live today. Things do come back to you as though they knew the way. Oh, the tricks your mind can play." - Lorenz Hart