View Single Post

Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissance
We're lucky enough to have fantastic choices in Nature here where I live too Shirley to do walking,hiking,biking,jogging mindfulness meditations.It's funny but when you really get into it,through the breath and /or mantras, worries about tripping,falling,crashing,getting lost etc. seem to fall (maybe a bad choice of word? away as does time. Sometimes all the beauty around you seems to be enhanced to all the senses! I luv travelling to other places that have labyrinths.There is one at a Jesuit retreat nearby,out in the countryside yet near a busy road.Whe you're walking this particular labyrinth, all the busy-ness fades away.I took a dear friend there once who had just recovered from a severe stroke.It was both very challenging and a way of finding serenity and grace for us both.We will never forget that experience!I love repeating mantras with breath at these times and if I may I'd love to share a fave with you all and I'd love to hear more from others!
Peace be unto you
Harmony within
Open hearts and minds
Healing She begins

We have both an indoor and an outdoor labyrinth on our property - come visit our convent! There's also a Jesuit Retreat Center about 15 miles from me - they have a labyrinth, too - and a Catholic convent up the road just finished a gorgeous outdoor labyrinth, built with beautiful pavers.

I also tend to walk one at least once a week, if possible. Just clears the mind and keeps things in perspective for me. Amazing how the experience changes with the seasons, time of day/night, solo or with companions, etc etc. Have been doing this for years now - absolutely my favorite kind of moving meditation.

Love,
Lura