Thread: Synchronicity
View Single Post

Old 08-16-2012, 09:52 AM

Things are beginning to coalesce here at Wildwood, which is in Guerneville, Calif. I arrived on Monday, with Mars and Saturn conjunct in my Libra ninth house, letting me know that perseverance fused with action in the context of trusting what I do not know can lead to grace and the start of a journey.

Wildwood is a retreat center that began over 40 years ago as a refuge for San Francisco's gay men. It became a place of intense healing and spiritual growth during the AIDS "war" as it is called here - men came here to die and caregivers came to recuperate and bond. Louise Hay and Elisabeth Kubler Ross both taught workshops here during that period. Less than 20 years ago, a conservancy was formed to purchase and manage the 200 acres of land surrounding the retreat center which now supports body/mind/spirit workshops for men and women.

This weekend will be a women's workshop called "Reclaiming the Power of the Feminine" http://wildwoodretreat.com/zjoomla/ by my friend Ian Ellington.

Body Electric workshops are taught here frequently, and the land is used for various indigenous ceremonies led by the Center for Sacred Studies, the group that created the gatherings for the 13 Grandmothers.

Two trees here are particularly sacred to me; one is an oak tree estimated to be more than 400 years old and the other is an "albino" redwood of which there are reportedly less than 30 known to exist.

I live with about ten other men and women who work at the retreat center. I have time to practice astrology on the side as well as spend time reconnecting more deeply to Mother Earth.

Below I will share a few photos of my new home. Perhaps we will hold another gathering here in a year or two? :-)

Love and Light,

GR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WWARs.jpg (33.1 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg WWGMs.jpg (30.2 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg WWGOs.jpg (31.5 KB, 104 views)

Rick
http://rickborutta.com

"Sometimes you think you've lived before, all that you live today. Things do come back to you as though they knew the way. Oh, the tricks your mind can play." - Lorenz Hart