Thread: Travel with me
View Single Post

Old 06-20-2005, 09:22 PM

It is warm and though the air is humid it is not oppressive and caresses my skin like soft velvet. My noise is filled with pungent ordours of ferns, mosses and musky earthy smell of decaying wood.

Though it is day I am in shadow. The crown coverage above lets little light in. Vines and mosses abound on the tree trunks. Looking over I see the remenants of a once large tree. It's wood has become squishy and fibrous, mosses have dressed it's decaying body and life abounds. A young sapling arises from it's shell bringing life full circle.

I walk quietly to the sound of water as birds call overhead making a cacophany of sound. I look up, up and up and see a flash of brilliant colour but within seconds it it gone being swallowed by the vegetation overhead. Life is teeming above whereas there is a gentle stillness below.

Beams of light struggle to break through the canopy and where they reach the ground an area of vegetation exists. Flowers bright and colourful trumpet their existance and bees lazily drink in their nectar.

I reach the stream, gurgling and cascading down rocks the water dances along. The rocks are spongy and slippery and I find a spot that gives my barefeet better footing. I find a flat rock and sit down. As I gaze across the pool below the waterfall yellow eyes silently stare back. Eyes lock, penetrating and mysterious. Spellbound we hold each others spirits. Slowly, with an elegance filled with athletic grace and beauty, the black panther slips away. Before she becomes a memory she looks back then fades away into the shadows. All that remains is a whispering echo in the soul.

The smells, the sounds, the sites, I am one with them and they are one with me. Life is beauty, life is love, life is.