Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Relationships (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   Elaine Stritch and Me (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=215050)

GentleRick 07-26-2014 06:08 AM

Elaine Stritch and Me

Many of you on this board are my extended family. I look back with gratitude for all of the encounters here over the years since 2000 when I was in fact living with Elaine Stritch, who died last week.

You have witnessed my ups and downs with her from the HBO documentary, "Elaine Stritch at Liberty" to seeing me walk on stage at Radio City Music Hall to share in her glory of winning a Tony back in 2002.

If you want to watch this 25 minute video, you will see how much fun it was for both of us, gleefully skipping like mad toward the asylum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GE...eature=youtu.be

Becoming intimate with someone so talented, driven as well as famous - is a life changing event. What Elaine's death is teaching me so far, and so early is that even though I lived with her for four years, I never knew all about her.

Many people are posting their recollections, memories, treasured encounters. Some are fans, some are colleagues. I read them and say, "Who are they talking about?" And though some people have asked me to do so as well, I am choosing not to.

What reading all of these stories is showing me is that my memories of her are precious. And I must take care of them. To do that, I can't indiscriminately let them out into the wild, open to be wounded, altered or killed. I must protect them, and protect them I will. When and if the time is right, I will call on them to help me with my work and mission. They will let me know when they are ready for that job.

In the meantime, I want to share this much: Elaine's Aquarius Sun is conjunct my Lunar North Node and Mars in my first house. While I was going through my Saturn return, she energized the part of my personality that revealed my future - should I access the Martian courage to claim it.

We had a karmic contract to be a part of each other's lives. And, it won't come as a surprise to you - she is very much still in my life now that she has crossed over.

It is one of the most important relationships of my lifetime. And in a sea of public reminiscences full of hyperbole my memories would fall on deaf ears. But here, "in our house," I know you understand how I feel.

And I am deeply in gratitude to you for that.

Love and Light,
Rick

Lasep 07-26-2014 09:13 AM

Totally understand.

Love you, Rick.

Norma Rae 07-26-2014 10:41 AM

Thank you for sharing your perspective, Rick, and for sharing the sweet video. Your protective feelings of privacy are absolutely understandable.

Namaste,
Steph

RobKendall 07-26-2014 08:19 PM

Thank you for this, Rick!

1 Attachment(s)
And thank you for taking care of her. I knew of her through Jack and Paul and didn't have a chance to meet her before I left New York.

Seeing you in the video was a gift. I went on to watch "Elaine Stritch at Liberty" which I had never seen followed by the Neil Patrick Harris "Company" which I hadn't seen before either. Thank you for leading us here today. I look forward to you taking us further on your journey.

With love and light and joy,

Robbie

ShelleyD 07-26-2014 09:31 PM

Hi Rick~

What a great video!! Thank you for sharing this. I found myself getting nervous, with her and for her as she got ready for her opening night. And you were so patient, calm and organized. Loved it!

Everyone grieves in their own way. I am a very private person, so I completely understand what you are saying. Your experiences with her are now special and sacred treasures. Share them when and with whom you choose.

Sending you cyber hugs~

Love,
Shelley

patswife 07-27-2014 05:16 PM

Hi Rick, I loved Elaine Stritch and I loved seeing you in the video! Thanks so much for posting it here. It was fun to watch!
Love,
Joanne