Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Transformational Travel (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=263)
-   -   Off to walk The Camino (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214811)

GentleRick 03-25-2014 02:49 PM

Off to walk The Camino

Dear Ones,

I joined this site back in 2000. One year later, a stranger gave me Shirley's book, The Camino which I read from cover to cover overnight. I promised myself then that when time and resources were in alignment that I would go - no questions or hesitations. That time is now.

I will arrive in St Jean Pied de Port in time to begin on Palm Sunday, April 13th. I will be on the road for Easter, St James' Feast and perhaps I will arrive in Santiago in time to see the botafumerio by May 23rd. However, I know nothing about what will happen on the journey or when I will complete the walk. There will be no modern sense of time or schedule for me. I don't know where I will call home when I am done - I do not even have a return ticket yet.

I am carrying a handful of sacred items given to me by close friends and family. All are energetic, some are physical in form. My intention is to ritualize and honor "we are all one" by bringing these with me - to release when Spirit tells me as I go.

So the mystery is in motion along with my prayer. I ask for your prayers in this community as well to support me in what I will encounter.

Deepest love and gratitude,

Rick

Lasep 03-25-2014 02:59 PM

Wow!

Be blessed on your journey.

Norma Rae 03-25-2014 03:53 PM

I've only been part of this community for a year, and my heart and head were far away in 2000 when you began your journey. But I nevertheless must tell you that your preface, above, to the Camino chapter of your journey shines with the inspiration of the starlight from far away friends and in the depths of the brown eyes of our loyal fur companions. The deep, yet far away, presence that connects us all.

All the best on your continued journey, Rick. May you meet the original beginnings of your thoughts and your soul. Very thrilled and excited for you! Do return!

Namaste from the Midwest,
Stephanie

OneLight 03-25-2014 05:44 PM

Dearest Rick,
I am excited for you. A dream goal come true.
Walk in beauty, my friend, as Spirit walks before you,
Lighting your path all along your journey.

Big (((HUG))) from me,

Love...Peg

patswife 03-26-2014 03:41 PM

I'm SO excited for you, Rick! I'm sure it will be a life altering experience. Good luck to you and much love on your journey!!
Joanne

LifeStudent 03-29-2014 02:41 PM

We will be with you cosmically

You know, as CB and I have already told you, that we are with you on this journey. May all the angels that we have worked with together and separate over the years be with you each step of the way...... and you know especially Michael in her perfect blue boxers *grin*.

XOXOX.... Know I'm there each step in energy helping you along.

S

ShelleyD 04-04-2014 12:24 PM

I am SO excited for you Rick!!
I will be thinking of you during this time, sending good thoughts for a truly great experience!!

Love,
Shelley

Chi 04-06-2014 01:16 PM

Hi Rick,
May it be all you wish for and more.i look forward
to hearing about your experience. Love, Chi

ShirleyMac 04-08-2014 11:49 AM

Dear GR
May light open your heart and show you your path.

RobKendall 04-12-2014 04:28 PM

As you walk, Rick, and need a 'song' to 'sing':

1 Attachment(s)
Love, love, love
Love, love, love
Love, love, love

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy

Nothing you can make that can't be made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time
It's easy

All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need

Love, love, love
Love, love, love
Love, love, love

All you need is love
All you need is love
Love is all you need

Nothing you can know that isn't known
Nothing you can see that isn't shown
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
It's easy

All you need is love
All you need is love
Love is all you need

All you need is love (All together, now!)
All you need is love (Everybody!)
Love is all you need

Harrisvic 04-14-2014 01:25 PM

Dear Rick,

May you be guided by all the love in your heart.
May you be gifted by all the love from the universe.

Walking with you in spirit.
Blessings,
Victoria.

Kata0 04-17-2014 10:10 PM

Request from Rick

Today Rick sent a request for money via FB for those of you who may have missed it. He included his Paypal name if anyone is so inclined, just FYI, please check his page on FB if so.

Kata

GentleRick 04-20-2014 09:33 AM

Kata, thanks for forwarding... Spirit provided all I needed in a matter of hours...so grateful to walk the rest of the way knowing there is support everywhere.

Rob, thanks for the Beatles song. The ones I have been singing since I began are, "Let it be" and (Lennon's) Imagine.

Also, spirit songs from Native American traditions, offering gratitude to our Earth Mother,
"Look Around Your World Pretty Baby" - who is this?

xo from The Camino,
Rick

frogborg 04-20-2014 02:40 PM

Wishing you a deep and meaningful adventure!
xo Froggie :)

Loa 04-24-2014 04:09 PM

Good luck to you Rick. I hope you are having a wonderful experiance :)

Love, La

ShirleyMac 05-01-2014 02:04 PM

Hello GR
If you check in on the website let us know what inner awakenings are coming up for you. I'd love to hear more!

GentleRick 05-04-2014 09:29 AM

The first half was about purifying my body and carrying prayers in a good way. I began each day by opening my chakras to light from Mother Earth, and also to cosmic light from above. They meet in my heart where my prayers are carried. Where Creator can see them and also the place where I go to see you all, and where you can find me.

Mother came in a dream, calling me "El Hijo" (the son) and tended to me as a mother horse tended to her foal, needing calming. Later, she asked me if I would walk with her pains. They came into my body and I let them flow through what in Chinese medicine and alchemy are called "the triple burners". Her pain became ecstatic light in my body through alchemical transformation. Then I could give that light to her.

Every day is an opportunity to release something and offer healing for self and the collective. Every day is a ceremony. I do my best to "sit in my seat" and be conscious, but of course, there is so much happening at once. I am quite blind often.

But the hospitaleros who volunteer to manage the places where pilgrims rest, they seem to understand. And Spirit always puts a person in my path with words or deeds to guide.

What has been uncovered inside thus far is a core of joy. I can see my true nature through this. And I am learning how to share from this place.

I will save the other visions for later....
Much love to everyone here for encouragement and prayers!

Rick

Chi 05-04-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleRick
The first half was about purifying my body and carrying prayers in a good way. I began each day by opening my chakras to light from Mother Earth, and also to cosmic light from above. They meet in my heart where my prayers are carried. Where Creator can see them and also the place where I go to see you all, and where you can find me.

Mother came in a dream, calling me "El Hijo" (the son) and tended to me as a mother horse tended to her foal, needing calming. Later, she asked me if I would walk with her pains. They came into my body and I let them flow through what in Chinese medicine and alchemy are called "the triple burners". Her pain became ecstatic light in my body through alchemical transformation. Then I could give that light to her.

Every day is an opportunity to release something and offer healing for self and the collective. Every day is a ceremony. I do my best to "sit in my seat" and be conscious, but of course, there is so much happening at once. I am quite blind often.

But the hospitaleros who volunteer to manage the places where pilgrims rest, they seem to understand. And Spirit always puts a person in my path with words or deeds to guide.

What has been uncovered inside thus far is a core of joy. I can see my true nature through this. And I am learning how to share from this place.

I will save the other visions for later....
Much love to everyone here for encouragement and prayers!

Rick

Wow... How beautiful. Truly beautiful.
Thank you for sharing this Rick.

GentleRick 05-05-2014 11:52 AM

Part 2 -

It is worth mentioning that the movie on the flight over wad The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Including LIFE's motto..."The purpose of LIFE is to....connect and feel."

Second day, Pluto went into retrograde, I had a dream of the Divine Mother talking to me on the phone. But there was a lot of traffic noise and I couldn't hear her. She said, "this will only take a minute" and just then, three drag queens in a JCB crunched open the hood of my car, or my shell.

There is a small church at Eunate, with statues of people with large heads...are they our star nation relatives? I think so.

My pilgrim's shell disappeared. Three days later, on the day of the astrological grand cross, there was a demon in an approaching storm. I asked for help and right in front of me was my shell, tied to a tree. Was it St. James? The storm blew away.

One day, I felt blue light from the star nation though my body...that day I had to "get well" or purge myself because of the high vibration. In Chinese medicine, Jing comes from starlight. I believe my crown chakra was so open to receive it down to my kidneys and water element/spirits.

Day after Shirley's birthday- I dreamt of visiting her "library" with SM and Barbra Streisand. It was in a place where there were light beings in the shape of jellyfish- several storeys high, very majestic.

Part 3 soon....gratitude and love,
Rick

RB

GentleRick 05-12-2014 07:33 AM

Life Lessons From The Camino

1) You already have what you need - or it is within reach.

2) Wait, and that which you seek will come to you.

3) Take care of all 'business' before you leave in the morning...or as soon as you get back. Your mind will thank you for the free space.

4) Say hello to the person next to you. Ask for a name. Spirit may choose to speak through him/her or you? (being god for someone)

5) Walk by yourself. Friends can be distractions.

6) Take breaks. Your destination will be there when you arrive. Don't rush.

7) The pauses are part of the journey. But you have to create them or they will be created for you.
8) Need a reminder of how we are all connected? Tell a stranger about your day.

9) Let everything go at the end of the day. Get a good night's sleep.

Norma Rae 05-12-2014 09:34 AM

Thank you!

I need to remember #4 and #8 more. I am such an introvert sometimes and enjoy my alone time so much that I don't open up fully to those whom I've attracted or whom my Higher Self put along my path.

And I saw your "number 10" on Facebook, which is also a good reminder! And that video--wow! Wish you could post that on here to share with everyone here.

Thanks, Rick.
steph

Chi 05-12-2014 04:59 PM

Hello Rick,
It's wonderful to come on and read some of your very much
alive moments as you walk your camino.
Thanks for sharing your blessings.
Love, Chi

marlon427 06-01-2014 06:09 PM

This is exciting, Rick! I've always wanted to walk the Camino myself one day.

GentleRick 06-04-2014 05:50 AM

I am still in awe of how the journey taught me to see everything in life as a gift. And though my intention was to giveaway, through prayer, I was simply gifted everything with every step...from food, to money, to a place to stay, a bed, to a welcome face, comforting words, sun, etc....

I have been back for two weeks and the gifts continue to flow.

I get to spend my mornings each day with my writing, following the vision that accompanied me along The Camino. I was shown that I am to write a one-man show for the stage using the Percival myth as a model for the modern man's "hero's journey" and connection to the divine feminine. I plan to include some popular songs to sing as well. The vision showed that I am to do this in NY and share the project with NY producers at a backers audition later this year.

So, I am writing, and I have a Broadway producer friend who will advise me on how to set up the audition. I have a first reading scheduled in late July so I can get some audience feedback on the initial script.

Living life this way is teaching me how to be in step, and not get too far ahead. Walking with the blessing of not knowing or needing to figure it all out because when I ask the Divine Mother for help, I let her handle the way. She has always come though, as long as I open my heart to receive what comes.

Norma Rae 07-11-2014 09:06 AM

There is a new documentary out called Walking The Camino: Six Ways to Santiago. Director is Lydia Smith, and it is showing now at the Gene Siskel Film Center in Chicago. Hope to see it soon. Would love to get your thoughts on the film, Rick. You had some wonderful film and photographic footage from the walk, yourself. Of course, Shirley, if you see the film, please give us your sage perspective too!

Steph

OneLight 07-11-2014 11:59 AM

Hi Steph
This documentary sounds great...I will be on the lookout for it.
Also thought I'd mention that back in 2010, Martin Sheen and
his son, Emilio Estevez, did a movie called The Way. The story
is fictional, but the entire movie was filmed all along the
Camino Trail, as both Martin and his son did do the walk.
Very good movie also with some gorgeous scenic shots.

Love...Peg

OneLight 07-11-2014 12:11 PM

Rick, such wonderful sharings. Thank you so much
for blessing us with that love and light. Reading
them just seemed to cloak me in peace & made me
smile.

Wishing you much inspiration and success as you
write your Broadway show. I just KNOW IT WILL
BE FABULOUS !

Love n Hugs....Peg

GentleRick 07-16-2014 10:31 AM

I am looking forward to seeing the documentary. I enjoyed the Sheen/Estevez film. The Estevez family has a vineyard in Northern Spain, in the area where their family comes from. So they are deeply involved in supporting the economy there.

Many people who walked with me knew of the film.

frogborg 07-18-2014 07:02 PM

Loved Loved Loved your interview on IE - I am inspired to make this journey myself very soon.
xo Froggie :)

knblutz 07-19-2014 03:07 AM

Uh oh !

Will listen to archive Rick

Just saw a posting at a coffee shop for a
Companion to walk with this September
Ahajajajajajakali!

Something's just happen
I think I am the same age now
That Shirley walked....
Mmmm. Oh oh. Not sure if I can do it!? :)

Love to all
Kris

GentleRick 07-19-2014 08:55 AM

The largest age group to walk The Camino is between 60 and 70. One French man I met was about to turn 70 and I couldn't keep up with him!

I was inspired by the older folks who met their daily challenges with grace and kept going. There were many.

Norma Rae 08-23-2014 10:06 AM

Have been reading a book about thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail (my own personal camino), and have discovered a website called Trail Journals where hikers on trails all over the world, including the Camino de Santiago, write about their journeys. Thought some of you here would like to explore the site; it's very inspiring:

http://www.trailjournals.com/

Namaste,
stephanie

patswife 08-23-2014 05:00 PM

Hi Steph, Have you actually hiked the Appalachian Trail? If so, would love to hear about it. I live in CT and love to hike. I have often fantasied about doing it---but then, would have to find someone who would be willing to do it with me :) Love,
Joanne

Norma Rae 08-25-2014 12:39 PM

Hi Joanne,

No, I've never thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail ("AT"). I've been on sections of it in the Smoky Mountains many times, but only for long day hikes or short camping. My obsession over hiking the entire trail, which takes 4-5 months for most, convinces me that I will one day do it. Before I'm 60, at least, so I've got 20 years to retire from my current job that does not allow for 4-5 months vacation and plan it. I've also read that hiking the entire AT with all of its elevation changes (which stretches from Georgia to Maine) is similar climbing Mt. Everest 10 times!

I don't know if I could do the entire AT with anyone but myself. I could perhaps do stretches of the trail with someone I know or someone I've met along the way, but I think hiking for 4-5 months with someone I know and love may not end well! What do you think?

Namaste,
steph