Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Transformational Travel (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=263)
-   -   Off to walk The Camino (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214811)

Norma Rae 05-12-2014 09:34 AM

Thank you!

I need to remember #4 and #8 more. I am such an introvert sometimes and enjoy my alone time so much that I don't open up fully to those whom I've attracted or whom my Higher Self put along my path.

And I saw your "number 10" on Facebook, which is also a good reminder! And that video--wow! Wish you could post that on here to share with everyone here.

Thanks, Rick.
Namaste from the Midwest,
steph

Chi 05-12-2014 04:59 PM

Hello Rick,
It's wonderful to come on and read some of your very much
alive moments as you walk your camino.
Thanks for sharing your blessings.
Love, Chi

marlon427 06-01-2014 06:09 PM

This is exciting, Rick! I've always wanted to walk the Camino myself one day.

GentleRick 06-04-2014 05:50 AM

I am still in awe of how the journey taught me to see everything in life as a gift. And though my intention was to giveaway, through prayer, I was simply gifted everything with every step...from food, to money, to a place to stay, a bed, to a welcome face, comforting words, sun, etc....

I have been back for two weeks and the gifts continue to flow.

I get to spend my mornings each day with my writing, following the vision that accompanied me along The Camino. I was shown that I am to write a one-man show for the stage using the Percival myth as a model for the modern man's "hero's journey" and connection to the divine feminine. I plan to include some popular songs to sing as well. The vision showed that I am to do this in NY and share the project with NY producers at a backers audition later this year.

So, I am writing, and I have a Broadway producer friend who will advise me on how to set up the audition. I have a first reading scheduled in late July so I can get some audience feedback on the initial script.

Living life this way is teaching me how to be in step, and not get too far ahead. Walking with the blessing of not knowing or needing to figure it all out because when I ask the Divine Mother for help, I let her handle the way. She has always come though, as long as I open my heart to receive what comes.

Norma Rae 07-11-2014 09:06 AM

There is a new documentary out called Walking The Camino: Six Ways to Santiago. Director is Lydia Smith, and it is showing now at the Gene Siskel Film Center in Chicago. Hope to see it soon. Would love to get your thoughts on the film, Rick. You had some wonderful film and photographic footage from the walk, yourself. Of course, Shirley, if you see the film, please give us your sage perspective too!

Namaste from the Midwest,
Steph

OneLight 07-11-2014 11:59 AM

Hi Steph
This documentary sounds great...I will be on the lookout for it.
Also thought I'd mention that back in 2010, Martin Sheen and
his son, Emilio Estevez, did a movie called The Way. The story
is fictional, but the entire movie was filmed all along the
Camino Trail, as both Martin and his son did do the walk.
Very good movie also with some gorgeous scenic shots.

Love...Peg

OneLight 07-11-2014 12:11 PM

Rick, such wonderful sharings. Thank you so much
for blessing us with that love and light. Reading
them just seemed to cloak me in peace & made me
smile.

Wishing you much inspiration and success as you
write your Broadway show. I just KNOW IT WILL
BE FABULOUS !

Love n Hugs....Peg

GentleRick 07-16-2014 10:31 AM

I am looking forward to seeing the documentary. I enjoyed the Sheen/Estevez film. The Estevez family has a vineyard in Northern Spain, in the area where their family comes from. So they are deeply involved in supporting the economy there.

Many people who walked with me knew of the film.

frogborg 07-18-2014 07:02 PM

Loved Loved Loved your interview on IE - I am inspired to make this journey myself very soon.
xo Froggie :)

knblutz 07-19-2014 03:07 AM

Uh oh !

Will listen to archive Rick

Just saw a posting at a coffee shop for a
Companion to walk with this September
Ahajajajajajakali!

Something's just happen
I think I am the same age now
That Shirley walked....
Mmmm. Oh oh. Not sure if I can do it!? :)

Love to all
Kris