Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Prophecy and Psychics (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   A.R.E. Cayce website (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214803)

Norma Rae 03-19-2014 02:11 PM

A.R.E. Cayce website

Hello. Has anyone here ever participated in any of the guided E-groups on the A.R.E. Cayce website? I am thinking of joining one to learn more and am curious if anyone here has any experience with it.

Many thanks,
Stephanie

ShirleyMac 03-20-2014 03:24 PM

Hello
I haven't done any of that but I'm sure if it's coming from ARE it would be great. I'm not computer wise enough to venture into thing like that.

Let us know how it goes.

OneLight 03-21-2014 10:06 AM

Hi Steph

I've not participated in their online offering,
but I will just say that several years ago
while visiting Virginia Beach, I did attend
a couple of their live mini workshops while
there, as well as spending loads of time in
their fantastic library!
The workshops were very good, so, like
Shirley, I think you will like them.

Love...Peg

Norma Rae 03-24-2014 08:01 AM

Hello All,

I will certainly report to you all once I register and begin the program. Not sure which to delve into first, but am really curious and looking forward to becoming a student of that community and then talking to you all about it. Should be great fun, interesting and "enlightening," of course.

Peg, I believe you once before mentioned to me an epic trip that you took to Virginia Beach and the ARE, but I need details! Tell me/us more about that time!

Namaste from the Midwest,
stephanie

ShirleyMac 04-08-2014 11:47 AM

Hello
I haven't participated but I am a big supporter of their work and research. Please let us know your experiences.

Norma Rae 04-17-2014 01:35 PM

Just registered for this A.R.E. eGroup:

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/egroups.aspx?id=9212

Anyone care to join me? Starts May 7 and is six weeks long. Will report to you all on the experience.

stephanie

Norma Rae 05-04-2014 07:02 PM

Bumping this up for re-consideration for the rest of you . . . anyone care to join me in this online course? Starts Wednesday. Will let you all know how it goes, but would love some company. Anyone curious? . . .

Steph

Norma Rae 05-08-2014 10:23 AM

Week 1

Yesterday began week one of the 6 week past life regression online course with ARE. The format is very interactive. There is a message board very similar to this one, but it is specifically for those who signed up for the course. Many people including myself have introduced ourselves. Everyone seems very intelligent, varied backgrounds, and eager to learn and participate. The moderator/mentor/teacher, Nancy Eubel, is very attentive so far and responds to pretty much every post.

Each week has suggested readings and guided practices that you can complete at your own pace. Yesterday for the first time, I practiced a 20 minute meditation/self hypnosis meant to gently help you learn to get into hypnosis and encounter your Higher Self and Teacher/Guide.

Shirley, in this first week, Nancy also recommends that students explore and research projects that your friend, Kevin Ryerson, is working on at the IISIS: http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page...on-Semkiw-Intro .

I do have a very interesting synchronistic moment to report upon practicing the first meditation/hypnosis on creating your safe space for the first time last night, and it involves the key phrase Nancy uses to signal dropping deep into meditation/hypnosis, which is "blue moon." For probably the last year or so, I have routinely entered into my morning meditations (Zen/Tonglen) with an audio recording that I took while two friends of mine and myself were watching the sunrise over the Tennessee Smoky Mountains from our cabin. As we watched, the birds were twittering, one friend played her crystal bowls, and my other friend quietly drank his coffee as he related a story about his family sharing a similar cabin and he thought it was called "Blue Moon." My other friend repeated the word, "blue moon." Now, there is no cabin in this cluster of cabins called, "Blue Moon." He had the name wrong . . . but now I think he had it right! I just find it very interesting that my key phrase for meditation for the last year or so has been "blue moon" and here it is again. This space of Tennessee in the Smoky Mountains is also special to me and the group of three friends--it is where we all went to graduate school together, and it is where we all knew the Friend I have previously mentioned who suddenly died 3 years ago and quickened my spiritual development. (She is my greatest Teacher so far.)

Just had to report this amazing synchronicity, and I definitely know that someone is speaking to me through it and telling me I'm on the right path.

Other than that, on this first practice, I did not see any images; only relaxed dark space. I did see a peripheral flash of light when Nancy invited us to invite our Higher Self into the space, and when I asked its name, several male names flashed through my mind so rapidly that I do not recall them, and then the name Joshua appeared. Why Joshua, I have no idea. I've nobody in my life named that. I have no idea where that came from and have no explanation for it. Completely out of the "blue moon"!

steph

OneLight 05-08-2014 06:39 PM

Sounds like a wonderful experience, Steph.
And thank you for taking the time to share
what you are learning with all of us.

I always find it so amazing when I recognize
synchronicity in my life, and this blue moon
connection with you sounds like it is at just
the right timing. Don't ya love it?

I loved what you shared about your first practice...
that you were in a relaxed dark space. It reminds
me of an experience I had several years ago, I guess
it was an NDE (at least Deb said I was gone ... not
breathing and vacant eyes, etc). Unlike what most
people report about being surrounded in the Light,
I was surrounded in darkness, and it was so peaceful
and I was so in awe of it, for I felt myself (formless)
just observing it. My understanding is that black is an
elegant combination of all colors and can represent
your unconscious. Its a color of transformation, so
what you experienced, and what I experienced,
seems to be right in line with that. Cool, huh?

Thank you again for sharing. Looking forward to
more updates.

Love...Peg

Norma Rae 05-13-2014 07:09 PM

Peg, Thank you so much for your comments and sharing your own experiences with the darkness during meditation and hypnosis. The darkness certainly did feel comforting . . . I had more darkness today during the next hypnosis:

Practiced a childhood memory/connection to past life hypnosis today and came up with, yet again, vast darkness with the occasional floating colors of blue (common for me in meditation), yellow, and white. No images except for a brief flash of a small hand with a pen/pencil and pad of paper and brief flash of the image of a single small cowboy boot. That's it.

When asking my Higher Self ("HS") why I see nothing when trying to connect with my childhood/past lives, HS said the fact that I fear seeing nothing so much is actually attracting the darkness to me. When I asked what do I need to do, the answer was to "return to us." When asking what else I needed to know right now, the answer was to know that she heard you and will come to you.

Not sure what this all means, but it seems I connect much more audibly than visually? Or at least that's the frequency I am open to at the moment.

Namaste,
steph

OneLight 05-14-2014 12:14 PM

Hi Steph,
Before responding to your latest entry, I just want to clarify a point in my previous post about my experience with the darkness. I was not meditating nor under hypnosis, I literally collapsed in a public place and "died". It was Deb who called me back to this dimension.

I am finding it interesting that some of your experiences are bringing up memories of some of my own experiences in the past, which are kind of similar to yours. There are no accidents, so I can only conclude that your sharings are perhaps meant for me to relook at those events in my life with a newer perspective? So, thank you, I will do just that :)

Your mention of floating colors during hypnosis...for a long long time, it used to be for me that right before going to sleep, I would see very strongly in my mind's eye (3rd eye?) specific floating chakra colors. Sometimes just one color, and at other times, two colors. Mostly they would appear as ball-shaped, but at other times as a floating free-form shaped. I always perceived this as my Higher Self communicating to me to focus on that chakra color and see what it reveals to me. Now maybe this is something that is quite common, but I have to admit, you are the only one who has mentioned it.

Your brief images of a small hand, pen/pencil, pad of paper, and small cowboy boot....am curious....what comes to your mind about each? Its almost like dream interpretation, symbols for other meanings?

It reminds me of one of the most visual meditations I have ever had back in 2002 and just shortly after joining this website. Here's what I experienced :

2 images appeared before me, one after the other.

In the first, I saw appear before me on my right side a terra cotta pot with dirt, and then seeds that sprang into a little plant, kinda like those chia plants on TV. And I sensed it had berries on it, but it came and went so fast, I canít be sure.

In the second, I saw 2 arms entering from my left side and holding a medium brown stuffed bear, yes a teddy bear!! It also was placed on the right side of my vision in a kind of semi-profile. The bearís left eye as I looked at it was the most brilliant shade of light amber and beaming out of it were these glorious sparking white lights. (Now donít tell me in a previous life I was a stuffed teddy bear!!) LOL

In a nutshell, my thoughts at the time were its obvious this was not about a past life, but maybe another aspect of myself communicating clues to trigger a deeper awareness of who I Am. For instance, the pot sprouting the plant was showing me that I was growing in awareness, and very rapidly, with the berries representing the fruit of my labor. The right side is our giving side, so I perceive that as giving to myself from the fruit of my labor and sharing it with others in some way.

The teddy bear represents to me childlike, softness, and love. The left side of our body is the receiving side. The sparkles of light coming from the amber eye I interpret as enlightenment. Amber itself is a stone of cleansing and purification and spiritually represents connecting our individual energy with the Cosmic energy.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you again for your sharing. Its assisting me with my continued growth! :)

Love...Peg

Norma Rae 05-15-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLight
Hi Steph,
Before responding to your latest entry, I just want to clarify a point in my previous post about my experience with the darkness. I was not meditating nor under hypnosis, I literally collapsed in a public place and "died". It was Deb who called me back to this dimension.

Peg, thank you so much for sharing this! What an amazing experience. How long did it last? Did you sense the experience before it happened? How did Deb "call you back"?

Quote:
I am finding it interesting that some of your experiences are bringing up memories of some of my own experiences in the past, which are kind of similar to yours. There are no accidents, so I can only conclude that your sharings are perhaps meant for me to relook at those events in my life with a newer perspective? So, thank you, I will do just that :)

Certainly no accident for me, either, that I stumbled upon this community along my Path and no accident for either of us that this conversation emerged! So I thank you!

Quote:
Your mention of floating colors during hypnosis...for a long long time, it used to be for me that right before going to sleep, I would see very strongly in my mind's eye (3rd eye?) specific floating chakra colors. Sometimes just one color, and at other times, two colors. Mostly they would appear as ball-shaped, but at other times as a floating free-form shaped. I always perceived this as my Higher Self communicating to me to focus on that chakra color and see what it reveals to me. Now maybe this is something that is quite common, but I have to admit, you are the only one who has mentioned it.

Oh boy! Wait until I tell you about the floating color I had last night when I did one of the meditation/hypnosis practices! Blew my mind. Will post after this response post to you.

Quote:
Your brief images of a small hand, pen/pencil, pad of paper, and small cowboy boot....am curious....what comes to your mind about each? Its almost like dream interpretation, symbols for other meanings?

The small hand, pen/pencil, pad of paper...I write a lot currently in my career as an attorney. Constantly reading and writing. And before that, English graduate school. I don't recall doing it much as a child--I assume the small hand is that of a child, but maybe this is a trigger for a prior life that is waiting to reveal itself if I go back further than my childhood in this life? If writing has been a life-long proclivity in this incarnation, I'm sure it didn't come out of the "blue moon." The boot...I don't know. I am originally from Texas (gone for decades, however) and have a penchant for the southwest, Santa Fe in particular where my teacher Tias Little is based (hey..."little"????) This is fun!

Quote:
In the first, I saw appear before me on my right side a terra cotta pot with dirt, and then seeds that sprang into a little plant, kinda like those chia plants on TV. And I sensed it had berries on it, but it came and went so fast, I canít be sure. In the second, I saw 2 arms entering from my left side and holding a medium brown stuffed bear, yes a teddy bear!! It also was placed on the right side of my vision in a kind of semi-profile. The bearís left eye as I looked at it was the most brilliant shade of light amber and beaming out of it were these glorious sparking white lights. (Now donít tell me in a previous life I was a stuffed teddy bear!!) LOL In a nutshell, my thoughts at the time were its obvious this was not about a past life, but maybe another aspect of myself communicating clues to trigger a deeper awareness of who I Am. For instance, the pot sprouting the plant was showing me that I was growing in awareness, and very rapidly, with the berries representing the fruit of my labor. The right side is our giving side, so I perceive that as giving to myself from the fruit of my labor and sharing it with others in some way. The teddy bear represents to me childlike, softness, and love. The left side of our body is the receiving side. The sparkles of light coming from the amber eye I interpret as enlightenment. Amber itself is a stone of cleansing and purification and spiritually represents connecting our individual energy with the Cosmic energy.

A teddy bear with a gleaming eye....what an amazing gift! If you are a writer, I encourage you to write more about that teddy bear and that eye. A wink of cosmic enlightened energy, for sure. Are you familiar with Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones? Check it out. That teddy bear is the perfect starting point for one of her writing exercises where you write in almost a trance-like meditative state to dig down to original thought. Beautiful.

Quote:
Anyway, just wanted to thank you again for your sharing. Its assisting me with my continued growth! :)

The feeling is mutual. Thank you!

steph

Norma Rae 05-15-2014 10:47 AM

last night's meditation/hypnosis

Oh boy . . . things are getting wild and wooly for me . . .

Background: I know very little (practically nothing . . . okay, nothing at all) about angels, angel names, angel lore, mythology, hierarchy, meaning, history, colors, nothing.

Okay, so . . . last night, first practiced my yoga, and then settled in for a meditation/hypnosis (I say both because I don't really know how deep I am going, but it is starting to feel pretty deep). During this practice, I again saw darkness, floating colors, and heard a voice. The color I saw--very prominent and vibrant--was pink. I've never seen pink before during meditation. And it wasn't going away or mixing with other colors. It floated along what felt like the left and right sides and also right in front of me. Later in the meditation, we are to invite our Higher Self ("HS") to meet us and then ask its name. I did so, and the almost immediate name I received was "Ariel." Never thought of this name before, has no meaning to me in this conscious life. Then I have a little chat with Ariel, and I won't post all of what I heard, but this was one sentence: "You have had lives of great wanting and fighting." Probably makes complete sense that I became a lawyer in this life--much arguing ("fighting") and wanting reconciliation and protection for my client.

Immediately after the practice, I journal this in my notebook and then look up information about Ariel on the internet. Here's some of what I found: "Seeing pink light nearby may also alert you to Ariel's presence, because her energy corresponds mostly to the pink light ray in the system of angel colors . . ."

Upon reading that, my jaw dropped to the floor. When I finally managed to pick my mandible back up off the floor, I pondered further what this meant to me. I think it was first, yet again, another "confirmation" that my HS sent to me. Knowing that I am an attorney trained to question everything, trained to be skeptical and trust my head over my heart (believe me, I am work on balancing this everyday, which has helped my law practice, actually), my HS sent another confirmation--something that I could not possibly have known without knowledge from my HS or a higher source/being/etc. Second, perhaps this was communication from an Ariel entity? Could it be?

I am still stunned.

Love and light to you all,
steph

OneLight 05-15-2014 12:07 PM

Wow Steph, fantastic experience!

You ask if this could possibly be a communication from an Ariel entity. IMHO, due to your active inner work and intention, there is no doubt that you are connecting to your Higher Self. As far as the name Ariel, why not? After all, there are a lot of Johns and Susans, etc in the world, so why not in the non-physical realms too? It may or may not be "the Angel Ariel", but rather more importantly, I would guess that this name was given because somewhere deep in your subconscious, Ariel qualities you possess need to be recognized and surface now in your present life's journey. Pema Norpal is our resident Angel lady and I bumped up for you her last post about the Angel Ariel for Nov 8-12 in case you would like to read it in the Angels thread.

Also, here is a link with info on the color pink:

http://www.empower-yourself-with-co...color-pink.html

Like you, I question everything no matter the source, and I really listen and feel if the message resonates with me or not. I love the way you are connecting the dots and applying them to your daily life. You go girl !!

Love...Peg

OneLight 05-15-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma Rae
Peg, thank you so much for sharing this! What an amazing experience. How long did it last? Did you sense the experience before it happened? How did Deb "call you back"?

Perhaps I should ask Deb to fill you in on that :) I can't remember how long it lasted. No, I did not sense it would happen; however, just before it did, Deb and I were talking about her NDE.

A teddy bear with a gleaming eye....what an amazing gift! If you are a writer, I encourage you to write more about that teddy bear and that eye. A wink of cosmic enlightened energy, for sure. Are you familiar with Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones? Check it out. That teddy bear is the perfect starting point for one of her writing exercises where you write in almost a trance-like meditative state to dig down to original thought. Beautiful.

steph

Will have to check out Natalie's book, thank you. Yes, I am a writer, although not professionally. I have posted several pieces here on the boards through the years.

Have a good one !
Love...Peg

debabbott 05-15-2014 05:24 PM

Peg's NDE through my Eyes!

Hi Norma Rae,

Peg (Sweet Pea) has asked me to jot down my remembrances of her NDE from my remembrance. Let me see....

We were sitting in a little bar in Grand Lake, CO elevation around 9000ft. We hadn't been there long and had just received the beer that we ordered and had maybe taken a sip or two when we started discussing the NDE I had back in 1994. Suddenly Sweet Pea said that she needed to go to the bathroom and got up and moved around me to the end of the bar when I saw her hesitate. I sensed something wrong and jumped up and reached for her arm just as she was beginning to fall. I pushed my thigh into her body to brace her as I held her arm, she went slowly down to the floor and was flat on her back. Because I had been able to brace her fall, she had a gentle landing.

Her eyes were wide open and vacant. I crouched down over her and put my right hand upon her upper chest. I felt no movement, no breath, just an eerie stillness. With my hand upon her chest and looking deeply into her vacant eyes I started calling her back to me. "Sweet Pea, come back to me." Over and over again, I calmly kept stating, "Sweet Pea, come back to me."

A crowd had gathered around us, when one guy asked if he should call "911". I raised my left hand in a signage of "stop" and said, "Wait, just wait!"
I then continued to call her back to me with my right hand on her chest, "Sweet Pea, come back to me, come back to me." I don't know how many minutes had passed when I felt a catch in her breath and a flickering in her eyes and her consciousness came back into her body. She opened her eyes to meet mine hovering over her. She took a minute to connect again and adjust to her surroundings and all the people surrounding us. I asked, "You okay?" "Yeaaahhhh", she said with a voice of uncertainty. "You ready to get up?" "Yeahhhhhh", she said and then asked, "What happened?"

I think it was then that I said, "I think you just left your body. Where did you go?" You said, "All I remember is darkness."

Sweet Pea has hazel eyes that change with whatever she wears, like gray, green. But that night, after that experience, they were the most crystal blue I had ever seen them. It was amazing! We stayed and had a most joyous time talking with other tourists and hometown people as well. Ahhhh, I just relived that experience. Wow, I remember thinking, "Don't you leave me up here in the mountains by myself, you better come back to me girl!" :)

Ahahahha, we have had so many special experiences and still are....

Love, Deb

Norma Rae 05-15-2014 07:45 PM

Deb, Peg . . . Reading that, I really feel I just experienced the whole journey you had myself. As if I were a fly on that barroom wall. The beer, the mountains, the transcendental experience, the local yokels, the hazel eyes. That's all me. Thank you so much for sharing. Would be a fantastic opening scene for a movie, don't you think?

Namaste from the Midwest, and thank you so much--again--for sharing with me and everyone here.

Steph