Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   I.E. Radio (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=278)
-   -   Richard Bach 3/16/14 (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214798)

ShirleyMac 03-12-2014 08:59 PM

Richard Bach 3/16/14

Hello
Join me Sunday for a special IE Radio with Richard Bach.

Richard Bach's inspirational classic Jonathan Livingston Seagull is one of the few books that dominated the #1 spot on the New York Times Bestseller List for two consecutive years. With humor, wisdom and insight that could only come from one of the world's most beloved authors and an accomplished pilot, his most recent book, Travels with Puff, recounts Bach's journey from Florida to Washington state in his small seaplane, Puff. With over 60,000,000 copies of his books sold, Richard Bach remains one of the world's most beloved authors. A former USAF fighter pilot, Air Force captain and latter-day barnstorming pilot, Bach continues to be an avid aviator-author, exploring and chronicling the joys and freedom of flying, reporting his findings to his devoted fans. His latest book, Illusions II, is a remarkable account of his angel's lessons, by the way of a seaplane crash.

Sunday, March 16 6 PM PDT - 9 PM EDT

Brit 03-14-2014 11:00 AM

Bumping - This should be a great show!
BE

Thomas Ramey Watson 03-14-2014 05:31 PM

I heard him interviewed on maybe NPR the other night, but I don't know for sure. He was very interesting.

Chi 03-15-2014 02:33 PM

Bumping up...

debabbott 03-16-2014 04:03 PM

Wonderful!!!

I was just wondering about him the other day!!! One of my favorite authors and looking forward to reading Illusions II...

Will be delighted to listen to this interview. Thank you Shirley and Brit!

Love,
Deb

donnanelson 03-16-2014 05:51 PM

Serendipity

Hello Dearest Shirley:)
I was excited last week to read on twitter that you were interviewing Richard Bach, but it wasn't until today that I realised (spelling Australian!) how serendipitous it was.
23 years ago I moved to a beautiful seaside sub-tropical town and read 'Illusions' by Richard, then 'Out On A Limb' by you, Shirley. My first two books that introduced me to a wider reality and started me on my conscious Spiritual Journey.
Thank you both so much, it was a special and eye-opening introduction.
Love Donna x

GentleRick 03-16-2014 08:58 PM

I loved the topic - the concept of love as our only constant reality resonates with me deeply!

cheers,
Rick

Chi 03-16-2014 11:15 PM

What is love? Hmmm...

Well, that's as deep a question as who are we when we take
our bodies off? Perhaps whoever it was that coined the phrase
"making love" for sexual intercourse was on to something.
Love the
creative force for re-creating itself.(In the case of a man and woman
anyway) What are they making but a ball of love that miraculously
transforms into a bundle of love that arrives clothed in baby.

But then for many (the first time anyway) that's the fantasy that turns
into a nightmare.
Too funny! Nothing prepares you for their first year
your first time. But i digress...

Eckhart Tolle states: "If you cannot recognize the formless in yourself,
you cannot recognize yourself in the other. To love is to recognize
yourself in another."

Perhaps we are recognizing love. And when we love, because we ARE
LOVE in essence; it's love we are loving. It's all a strange and wonder
filled mystery. Great show!

Love,
Chi

Norma Rae 03-17-2014 08:01 AM

Listened this morning on the way to work. Great conversation and particularly timely for me as I just finished reading Life After Life, which explores near death experiences. Bach's experiences sound similar to those Moody reports in his book. Have never read Bach, however. Always thrilled to add to the reading list--thank you!

Namaste from the Midwest,
Stephanie

frogborg 03-17-2014 09:11 AM

Great interview - what is Love - as you all know I've spent many years doing Remote Viewing and one of the targets we did I believe addressed this. It the energy or the life force - that is constant. I think we experience evil or discord, disharmony when we block, resist or move away from it. I do remember when doing the target that my body was in this blissed out state that wasn't estatic, excited or enthused, but rather calm, peaceful, neutral but felt balanced, very very good. This went on for hours after I had finished the target and the usual things that might rattle me didn't seem to bother me. It was this nirvana state without all the fireworks everyone talks about. I'm convinced this is who we are and what everything is. The rest is just a fabulous illusion.
xo Froggie :)

Norma Rae 03-17-2014 09:45 AM

Love your description of a "fabulous illusion," Froggie. Thank you! Reminds me of the Buddha's famous advice:

"So you should view this fleeting world like this --
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream,
A flash of lightening in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream."

Namaste,
Stephanie

Thomas Ramey Watson 03-18-2014 11:40 AM

Well, I see that some of you are talking about your own soul-realm experiences here. You were silent when I asked on my Love Strings string. :) I'd still like to hear more about them.

The Christian mystic St. John of the Cross says, "In the end we'll be judged on love, for that's all there is."

Norma Rae 04-04-2014 07:56 AM

Tom,

Your question is a bit broad, which has caused my hesitation in responding. Is there something specific that someone on this thread mentioned that has you curious?

Stephanie

Thomas Ramey Watson 04-04-2014 10:04 PM

Hi Stephanie,

I made it rather broad because I am interested in a wide range of what I call soul realm experiences, from soul travel, remote viewing, psychic connections, intuitive knowings, sychronicity, etc. Shortly after asking about it here, my FB friend Gonny decided to commit euthanasia after battling cancer for 14 years. A number of us had various soul realm experiences in her regard. I thought people on this board might enjoy reading about them, so I gave the FB page link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/444...=group_activity

I think anyone can read the page, but I might be wrong. The experiences have been many and quite interesting.

Tom

Thomas Ramey Watson 04-05-2014 01:10 PM

Most of Gonny's FB friends are dog and animal lovers, Afghan Hounds in particular. Her decision to commit euthanasia stirred controversy. She was Dutch so it is legal there as long as someone is of sound mind.

Here was my post that began lots of discussion, much about our own experiences with the souls of others:

Here's how I think we animal lovers might understand the idea of euthanasia for those of sound mind. I've had lots of animals who wanted to struggle till the very end and die that way. Hattie, however struggled valiantly, but I knew she wanted to be euthanized because she just couldn't go on. So, reluctantly I did so. The vet checked just to make sure she was dead. I told him I knew she'd left. I was holding her, my arms around her, and felt her soul leave her body.

During the last 6 mos. of her life Hattie and I grew closer. I knew more than ever what she was thinking. I also felt her fevers and knew her pain. It was overbearing. That time we had together was important in deepening and extending our lasting bond. So when she died to hear her voice internally, and have what she told me be proved correct, was another gift from the soul realm.

And this, which followed a day or so later. I woke up and had begun my daily internet routine of reading and answering emails, reading the latest news, checking on FB and so on:

Gonny is shouting joyously now, so much that I cannot ignore her and do my usual internet work. "I am well. I am well! Please ell them I am well!" She wants us to remember that we are here to learn to love one another and creation. Practice compassion for all. Please stay away from pettiness and unkindness. Her life and her death are meant to underscore this fundamental truth.

To this many responded with their own paranormal experiences regarding Gonny--and others.

Norma Rae 04-07-2014 08:43 AM

Thank you for sharing, Tom. I am sure that for many people--including myself--our first experience with life beyond this earth plane manifested itself in the death of a loved one (be it human or fur person). I've certainly had the experience of holding a beloved animal in my arms at the time of her passing. Like you, I needed nobody to tell me she was gone. I felt her spirit leave her body as tears suddenly exploded from my eyes in grief.

Your post also reminds me of a line from a Wendell Berry poem called "The Peace of Wild Things," where he acknowledges that wild animals do not tax themselves with the forethought of grief.

I will post more later, but must run off to the office now. My greatest soul realm experience came when my best friend suddenly died of head trauma a few years ago at the age of 37. Sudden loss; sudden understanding of the 4 noble truths of Buddhism!

Namaste from the Midwest,
Stephanie

Thomas Ramey Watson 04-07-2014 11:03 AM

Thanks for your input, Stephanie. I always find such experiences interesting. In fact, as you might guess, they're one of the most important aspects of my life.