Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   I.E. Radio (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=278)
-   -   Richard Bach 3/16/14 (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214798)

ShirleyMac 03-12-2014 08:59 PM

Richard Bach 3/16/14

Hello
Join me Sunday for a special IE Radio with Richard Bach.

Richard Bach's inspirational classic Jonathan Livingston Seagull is one of the few books that dominated the #1 spot on the New York Times Bestseller List for two consecutive years. With humor, wisdom and insight that could only come from one of the world's most beloved authors and an accomplished pilot, his most recent book, Travels with Puff, recounts Bach's journey from Florida to Washington state in his small seaplane, Puff. With over 60,000,000 copies of his books sold, Richard Bach remains one of the world's most beloved authors. A former USAF fighter pilot, Air Force captain and latter-day barnstorming pilot, Bach continues to be an avid aviator-author, exploring and chronicling the joys and freedom of flying, reporting his findings to his devoted fans. His latest book, Illusions II, is a remarkable account of his angel's lessons, by the way of a seaplane crash.

Sunday, March 16 6 PM PDT - 9 PM EDT

Brit 03-14-2014 11:00 AM

Bumping - This should be a great show!
BE

Thomas Ramey Watson 03-14-2014 05:31 PM

I heard him interviewed on maybe NPR the other night, but I don't know for sure. He was very interesting.

Chi 03-15-2014 02:33 PM

Bumping up...

debabbott 03-16-2014 04:03 PM

Wonderful!!!

I was just wondering about him the other day!!! One of my favorite authors and looking forward to reading Illusions II...

Will be delighted to listen to this interview. Thank you Shirley and Brit!

Love,
Deb

donnanelson 03-16-2014 05:51 PM

Serendipity

Hello Dearest Shirley:)
I was excited last week to read on twitter that you were interviewing Richard Bach, but it wasn't until today that I realised (spelling Australian!) how serendipitous it was.
23 years ago I moved to a beautiful seaside sub-tropical town and read 'Illusions' by Richard, then 'Out On A Limb' by you, Shirley. My first two books that introduced me to a wider reality and started me on my conscious Spiritual Journey.
Thank you both so much, it was a special and eye-opening introduction.
Love Donna x

GentleRick 03-16-2014 08:58 PM

I loved the topic - the concept of love as our only constant reality resonates with me deeply!

cheers,
Rick

Chi 03-16-2014 11:15 PM

What is love? Hmmm...

Well, that's as deep a question as who are we when we take
our bodies off? Perhaps whoever it was that coined the phrase
"making love" for sexual intercourse was on to something.
Love the
creative force for re-creating itself.(In the case of a man and woman
anyway) What are they making but a ball of love that miraculously
transforms into a bundle of love that arrives clothed in baby.

But then for many (the first time anyway) that's the fantasy that turns
into a nightmare.
Too funny! Nothing prepares you for their first year
your first time. But i digress...

Eckhart Tolle states: "If you cannot recognize the formless in yourself,
you cannot recognize yourself in the other. To love is to recognize
yourself in another."

Perhaps we are recognizing love. And when we love, because we ARE
LOVE in essence; it's love we are loving. It's all a strange and wonder
filled mystery. Great show!

Love,
Chi

Norma Rae 03-17-2014 08:01 AM

Listened this morning on the way to work. Great conversation and particularly timely for me as I just finished reading Life After Life, which explores near death experiences. Bach's experiences sound similar to those Moody reports in his book. Have never read Bach, however. Always thrilled to add to the reading list--thank you!

Namaste from the Midwest,
Stephanie

frogborg 03-17-2014 09:11 AM

Great interview - what is Love - as you all know I've spent many years doing Remote Viewing and one of the targets we did I believe addressed this. It the energy or the life force - that is constant. I think we experience evil or discord, disharmony when we block, resist or move away from it. I do remember when doing the target that my body was in this blissed out state that wasn't estatic, excited or enthused, but rather calm, peaceful, neutral but felt balanced, very very good. This went on for hours after I had finished the target and the usual things that might rattle me didn't seem to bother me. It was this nirvana state without all the fireworks everyone talks about. I'm convinced this is who we are and what everything is. The rest is just a fabulous illusion.
xo Froggie :)